2017 Formula One season thread

skip to 2:10

Pour moi c'est pas mal clair que le frein est garder plus que asser dans le cas de Hamilton.
Peut-on appeler ca un ''brake check'' ???

Il brake en masse... il est deja pas mal lent et il va ralentir a 50kmh...

Anyway le karma l a rattrapé! :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
jle voit autrement, autant je suis d'accord que le move d'hamilton est bas, vettel avait pas d'affaire à lui rentrer dedans et ça a juste encore démontré son impulsivité qui, rendu à ce stade la dans ta carrière, a pas d'affaire sur un circuit de F1 "mais madame c'est lui qui a commencé, c pas ma faute jvous jure!!!". karma is a bitch pour vettel pcq s'il avait pas fait ça il aurait probablement fini premier et j'espère qu'il va apprendre de ça. je suis loin d'être un fan d'hamilton, mais je vois ça comme au hockey avec crosby. tu le sais qu'il y a du favoritisme, alors fait juste pas jouer sa game et tout ira bien.

Il brake en masse... il est deja pas mal lent ralentir a 50kmh...

Anyway le karma l a rattrapé! :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Je catch pas pourquoi le debat est sur le brake check, il a probablement juste downshifter en masse à place, ca surprend plus qu'un brake check haha

Anybody saying karma never raced once in his life lol

The leader LEADS the pack. Point final.

Vettel looked completely out of self control by ramming into the side of him..

Je suis moi-même un partisan de VET et j'approuve pas le move...

Comme laylow38 dit, c'est le leader du peloton qui dicte le rythme....les autres doivent "suivre". Ça veut donc dire se tenir à une distance raisonnable du pilote en avant. Aussi, si tu veux faire un quick-accel ou faire du zig-zag pour conserver tes pneus en température, il faut que tu t'assures de le faire quand t'es assez éloigné de celui qui te précède. Me semble que c'est la BASE du pilotage...

Il a juste pogner les nerfs parce que c'est Hamilton devant lui....et que c'est son style. Hamilton se plaint à CHAQUE "SC" que la voiture roule pas assez...mais roule dans les 50-60 km/h...??!! :dunno:

Reste juste 3 points à VET avant de perdre sa superlicence de pilote....faudra qu'il se calme.

Je suis moi-même un partisan de VET et j'approuve pas le move...

Comme laylow38 dit, c'est le leader du peloton qui dicte le rythme....les autres doivent "suivre". Ça veut donc dire se tenir à une distance raisonnable du pilote en avant. Aussi, si tu veux faire un quick-accel ou faire du zig-zag pour conserver tes pneus en température, il faut que tu t'assures de le faire quand t'es assez éloigné de celui qui te précède. Me semble que c'est la BASE du pilotage...

Il a juste pogner les nerfs parce que c'est Hamilton devant lui....et que c'est son style. Hamilton se plaint à CHAQUE "SC" que la voiture roule pas assez...mais roule dans les 50-60 km/h...??!! :dunno:

Reste juste 3 points à VET avant de perdre sa superlicence de pilote....faudra qu'il se calme.

Lewis had reasons to complain because the cars have a hard time warming up Pirelli's tyres, so he either wanted SC to go faster or next time to use a VSC. The SC was 20 seconds off the pace, a lot of lost temperature.

Lewis was LEADING the race & dictating the pace as he saw fit because the SC was going into the pits. His engineer suggested on the previous restart to be careful & not pass the SC when accelerating down the straight.

Last edited:
There was NO BRAKE TEST, the FIA confirmed it. Vettel has more than enough experience especially in karting where restarts are bumper to bumper all the way through the field. He definitely knows how handle restarts from the lead or behind other cars/karts. He made a mistake because he really wanted to make sure to be as close to Lewis & not let Lewis get the jump on him. That's all he made mistake & hit Lewis.

Vettel lost his cool, not the end of the world. F1 needs this, both are under pressure.

Seems to affect Lewis more since he's the one talking the most.

Lewis had reasons to complain because the cars have a hard time warming up Pirelli's tyres, so he either wanted SC to go faster or next time to use a VSC. The SC was 20 seconds off the pace, a lot of lost temperature.

Lewis was LEADING the race & dictating the pace as he saw fit because the SC was going into the pits. His engineer suggested on the previous restart to be careful & not pass the SC when accelerating down the straight. I don't think you properly understand how restarts are done.
Yea but karting! He should have handled it well because of karting!! Right ?

Theres a video of gp2 or similar at this years baku race.. the leader of the race had to brake because he caught up with the pace car because it reached the pitlane and was then passed by two cars right away..

Hamilton didnt want that happening, hence the gap he was giving himself every restart..

Anyways, baku is over, cant wait for next race! The vettel/hamilton battle is almost better to me than any rosberg/hamilton, i think vettel knows he fucked up major and will be cleaner from now on.

The British media is making a mountain out of a molehill of the incident. Lewis should be more upset at his own team for throwing away his race...

But JV says it best...

Jacques Villeneuve has defended Sebastian Vettel's angry swerve at Lewis Hamilton in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, saying the incident shows that Formula 1 drivers have emotions.

Villeneuve was involved in a notorious collision with Michael Schumacher in the 1997 F1 title decider at Jerez, which led to the Ferrari driver being excluded from that year's world championship.

But Villeneuve argued Vettel's actions were much less serious.

"It was very different," he told Autosport. "They're going 10mph, who cares?

"Of course it was ugly, but ultimately Lewis brake-tested him.

"I'm a driver, I've been there. Whenever a driver did that to me, then I would do whatever Seb did.

"He got a penalty, the biggest he could get I guess according to the new rules."

Telemetry data used for the FIA's investigation ruled out Hamilton having brake-tested Vettel.

Villeneuve suggested Vettel might have hit Hamilton by mistake while gesticulating in anger.

"I don't think he was trying to hit him," said the 1997 champion.

"He had one hand on the wheel and was looking at him and pointing the finger.

"You don't hit with your wheels turned like that, you will break your own car, and with one hand - if you're going to hit someone, you have two hands on the wheel!

"In a way I am happy to see that drivers have emotions. It's good, it's fun.

"We have the two guys fighting for the championship, getting angry with each other, and ultimately no damage was done.

"What's the big issue? It's great TV, it's good to see that they're on it.

"Much nicer than Lewis asking [Valtteri] Bottas to slow Vettel down. That was embarrassing."

While he backed the handling of Vettel's incident, Villeneuve called for more consistency with penalties in general.

"Bottas didn't get a penalty for running into Kimi [Raikkonen]," said Villeneuve.

"But at the same time the rules should allow racing and mistakes.

"I'm happy there was no penalty, but then others shouldn't get them either.

"It was racing, and one just made a mistake and ran into the other.

"But I would like to see more penalties for weaving, which we hardly ever see - that's the big issue.

"In Montreal I think [Stoffel] Vandoorne did it at one point, and at least [Carlos] Sainz [Jr] got a penalty.

"We see some extreme weaving and that should be penalised,

"What Bottas did, that was just poor driving, but it's racing.

"What Vettel did was not nice, not sportsmanlike, but good to see."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130410

Yep. FIA is re-examining the incident. The most that will come from it is a race ban in Austria or loss of classification from Baku. I really hope not it's been a great season so far.

F1 is a religion in the UK, Lewis is god. Races are watched in pubs in pure silence

Yep. FIA is re-examining the incident. The most that will come from it is a race ban in Austria or loss of classification from Baku. I really hope not it's been a great season so far.

F1 is a religion in the UK, Lewis is god. Races are watched in pubs in pure silence

I guess he's the only high-profile sports figure the Brits have to cheer about.

Back