2017 Formula One season thread

How come no one here is talking about stroll's p2 !!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Because feu de paille..... Red bull avec leur penalité , le mystere des deux ferrari, et de la pluie. Demain ca va etre une autre histoire, sec et chaud....... yé mieux de faire des prieres a soir hehe. Reste qui a bien conduis et mieux que massa, mais tant mieux qui prenne ce qui passe ca arrivera pas souvent dici la fin de la saison

Because feu de paille..... Red bull avec leur penalité , le mystere des deux ferrari, et de la pluie. Demain ca va etre une autre histoire, sec et chaud....... yé mieux de faire des prieres a soir hehe. Reste qui a bien conduis et mieux que massa, mais tant mieux qui prenne ce qui passe ca arrivera pas souvent dici la fin de la saison
Honnêtement la Williams est à chier cette année, il a quand même réussi à qualifier aussi haut la première fois qu' il conduit une F1 sous la pluie

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Regardless Stroll drove himself into q2 and q3. Impressive wet weather skills. Mercedes and Hamilton are toying with the field. So much for the new oil burning rules.. He was 1.14 secs faster than VER in the wet, thats a huge gap. IMO Ferrari is in trouble unless they can somehow win tomorrow but Mercedes is on cruise control for another WCC and WDC

Boring Monza race. Lewis needs to thank the Mercedes engineers for giving him the car to win the 2017 WC.

As always, comes down to who has the best & most creative engineering team!!!

Boring Monza race. Lewis needs to thank the Mercedes engineers for giving him the car to win the 2017 WC.

As always, comes down to who has the best & most creative engineering team!!!

It's always been like that though.. I'm not a HAM fan but it's the best driver pairing with the best team at the right time.. However this is above Ferrari 2000-04 or RBR. This is total Mercedes domination, if you really want to compare think Ferrari 2002 however the pace from the F2002 was never as good as what Merc is getting now. 23 laps in and they're already turning down engine power output while still opening up a sizable gap, that is the truly impressive feat. The Mercedes don't even need DRS to pass down straights, HAM/ BOT use manual DRS buttons as opposed to automatic systems that other teams have. Just a matter of time before Ferrari starts giving people the boot

Zak Brown pretty much admitted to Brundle and Hill on Sky that the deal with Honda is over once "little details" are sorted out with drivers which should be done this week... He was saying "No matter the cost, McLaren needs to be contending for points" When asked by Brundle about "Sainz replacing ALO" he said "Fernando is more than welcome to stay, he loves the team but wants to finish well. We are aware of open seats in IndyCar but Fernando wants to stay in F1"

Ferrari had much better pace in Spa than Monza but the tracks coming up suit Ferrari better. Force India and Williams have declined to get the new Mercedes spec PU for Singapore but will have them in Malaysia for sure. Stroll had a good run, a start that saw Ocon block him to the left and HAM jumped out in front. Williams fumbled a pit stop that cost him around 5secs. Stroll has scored more points this season than both McLaren drivers combined ... His qualifying effort was very very impressive and overall a great weekend for Williams. In Sauber news it looks like Sergio opened up at admitted it will be come Alfa Romeo-Sauber with Charles Leclerc getting a seat for 2018

Have fun with grid penalties in 2018 Next year they will be able to use 3 engines, 3 MGU-H and 3 turbochargers and only 2 energy stores, 2 engine electronics and 2 MGU-K.
So it's not even like they will be just limited to 3 PU's, more like 2.5 since 3 of 6 components are limited to 2 units for the entire season. Which is gonna be an even bigger shitshow. This season they can use 4 units of each of six elements (engine, MGU-K, MGU-H, energy store, turbocharger, control electronics)

Thanks for reading "Gregster's Pitbox"

William's pit strategy/execution kinda sucked for Stroll, maybe he got in too early? He lost too many positions. Still a good weekend for him!

I didn't think the race was boring, but hell it was quick !

William's pit strategy/execution kinda sucked for Stroll, maybe he got in too early? He lost too many positions. Still a good weekend for him!

I didn't think the race was boring, but hell it was quick !

Good strategy they were just too slow on the stops.

The most exciting part of the race was between BOT and RAI during the first lap. The gap was ridiculously slim during the pass after parabolica. I'm happy for STR this weekend, he did great under rain, ran a decent race and he even showed some fangs defending his position in the final lap.

They need to get real with the cost saving regulations and tone it down. This is F1, not the Yaris cup.

The most exciting part of the race was between BOT and RAI during the first lap. The gap was ridiculously slim during the pass after parabolica. I'm happy for STR this weekend, he did great under rain, ran a decent race and he even showed some fangs defending his position in the final lap.

They need to get real with the cost saving regulations and tone it down. This is F1, not the Yaris cup.

The need to get rid of the old guard aka Jean Todt and the entire FIA. Formula 1 should be it's own group separate or have more freedom from the FIA much like IndyCar and Nascar.

Did you hear the latest? Todt wan't to introduce a Golden Halo next season for the WDC? Much like Tour de France has the yellow jersey
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/904243130119184384

Golden halo? Meh, hopefully it will stay at the talk stage.

There were commercial reasons behind the yellow jersey of the TDF and pink jersey of the Giro. They matched the color of the newspaper that created the event (L'Équipe and La Gazzetta dello Sport.) Sort of indirect advertising and those events were selling papers during summer, a season in which news worthy stories are scarce.

I wonder what's reasoning behind the golden halo?

Massa qui pogne Perez au debut et 3 tours plus tard Verstapen... J'ai trouver ça ordinaire pour Verstapen.

Rumeurs rumeurs: Sainz chez Renault dès le GP de Malaisie, moteur Honda pour Toro Rosso et moteur Renault pour McLaren en 2018...

Ferrari just lost both titles. This is a huge break for Mercedes today

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yup. And stroll Blocked his wheels once and lost a position but he's skilled none the less on a wet track. Hope he gets some points

Ferrari just lost both titles. This is a huge break for Mercedes today

They had already lost Contructor before this round anyway. As for WDC lets see, on DNF for HAM and its back on.As usual HAM need some luck to win. He was lucky enough that seb ran into him in Baku, making damaged limitation on points there, and a DNF today for seb. Put that all together it makes a huge difference

Vettel 100% to blame for that one.

Saddest thing was Alonso, guy had a great start, car seemed decent in wet conditions, was set for the best finish of the season if he could make it through the race, didnt even get to T2 :\.

Great result for Stroll. In before "because everyone crashed" comment.. The kid is solid in the wet

Back