Yaris with 220000km still good

twostroke

Banned
Toyota yaris 2008 hb manual no rust with 1NZ-FE 220000km 2000$ neg
Good for several years?

Cheap car

frequent mechanical problems to check before ?

leaking water pump is probably the most common problem ive seen (just check behind the pulley for a pink powder) abs light is pretty common for defective speed sensors and they come 1 piece with the bearing. apart from that engine//tranny very solid

Very reliable. Exhaust gaskets are prone to fail but it's cheap. Look for rust...

A base 2008 Yaris most probably doesn't have abs, it became standard in 2011 and was a $600 option before.

A bit noisy on the highway but it's a real pleasure to drive around town. Steering is quick and and the suspension does a good job. Best in class turning radius

leaking water pump is probably the most common problem ive seen (just check behind the pulley for a pink powder) abs light is pretty common for defective speed sensors and they come 1 piece with the bearing. apart from that engine//tranny very solid

Really? didn't know this one. I have replaced a couple under 100k on 2az-fe's, those aisins are really garbage I guess.

I would try to find a 2009+ yaris

For 2009 they got some improvements.
I drove both quite a bit, couldn't see a difference, even the 2017 is quite the same. So unless it is significantly more reliable (which I doubt), go for the cheapest (06-08) and I prefer the pre facelift headlights. The rev2 shifter is a bit nicer though.

I think that the more versatile rear seats came in 2009, but only in some 5 door trim. A 3dr 2008 will most probably have a one piece (non split) non flat folding rear seat

I drove both quite a bit, couldn't see a difference, even the 2017 is quite the same. So unless it is significantly more reliable (which I doubt), go for the cheapest (06-08) and I prefer the pre facelift headlights. The rev2 shifter is a bit nicer though.

I think that the more versatile rear seats came in 2009, but only in some 5 door trim. A 3dr 2008 will most probably have a one piece (non split) non flat folding rear seat

Isnt the 2017 6 speed Manual transmission?

Isnt the 2017 6 speed Manual transmission?
The Mazda Yaris only, not the real one.

There should be a new hatchback model this coming year, they announced it in Japan, but even then, it doesn't seem groundbreaking or 100% new, more a big facelift but with a revised engine (5hp more, but probably more fuel efficient). Rumors say that a 200-ish HP version will be added to the line up.

That's the way to go imo, keeping to improve an already great car rather than building something from scratch every few years. The MSRP doesn't reflect that "low tech" approach though

"Lastly, Toyota has re-jigged the trim levels available on the Yaris in a bid to make the range simpler. Entry-level cars are simply called Entry models, and sit beneath Mid and Mid+ cars."

From http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota...-yaris-revealed-with-new-look-tech-and-engine

Lol, that anti marketing works with me. Just like their plain stupid slogan "it's a car" back in 2012.
2011-European-Toyota-Yaris-Its-a-Car1.jpg

Last edited:
The Perry Performance fleet of Yaris delivery cars seem to be pretty tough- most are above 200,000kms and we have one at 350,000km....
dunno what year they are but we bought them all used.

325 000 km acheter neuf en 2006.

Roule a la 10w30 minerale depuis l'achat.

Entretenue comme il se doit.

4 bearing de roues, 2 beigne d'exhaust, alternateur, pompe a eau ( cheap CarQuest 40-50$ de memoire)

C'est pas mal sa. Je m'attend a ce qu'elle se rende a 450k avant de la scrapper.

Mais si tu es capable de trouver une Corolla dans le meme range de prix ( moins sensible au vent, plus spacieux, meme consommation d'essence.....)

Je n'enleve rien a la Yaris mais Elle est vraiment concue pour la ville et non l'autoroute donc sa depend de tes besoins.

C'est presque le double du prix une Corolla usagée aussi

À 2000$, tu vas trouver une 2003 rouillée 250000km certifiée Montréal nord.

Les autres ont fait le tour: bearing de roue, beigne d'exhaust, pompe à eau donc vraiment bien comme char de ville. Je dirais evap system passé 250 000km mais il existe un fix facile et gratuit.

Deux de mes ex ont eu ca et une doit être rendu à 300 000km++ avec un entretien minime. Parfait char de ville mais je pense aussi que les corolla sont pas beaucoup plus cher et tout aussi solide.

J'aime le côté low tech, facile à réparer et à entretenir. Par contre, je ne me sens jamais trop en sécurité la dedans...c'est vraiment petit. :S

I have a 2007 Yaris 2 door hatchback as my daily and its almost at 180k now. This thing will last 1 million because it's been rust proofed every year since 2007, the oil has been changed every 8k with synthetic aswell. There's a reason why you see pizza and chicken delivery places all using Yaris/Echo/Corolla, its because they literally last a million kms. Bulletproof if taken care of, but even beaten on I had a friend who had about 7 or 800k on his 1999 corolla and he did not give any fucks about maintenance. The body was rusty and falling apart but engine itself was still running lol, we always laughed at how retarded and bulletproof his car was and confused as to why it hasn't blown up yet.

tl;dr

buy it

Im responsible for the maintenance of 3 yaris's at work. They are 2010's with ~150k
They have been very reliable. Not the most fuel efficient under heavy driving but what car is?

Here is a list of things that broke or needed changing.

exhaust spring kit
alternator
burnt headlights
shifter neutral switch (position sensor) $$$

Great city car, terrible on the highway. 2000$ is a very reasonable price for what you are looking at.

I have a 2007 Yaris 2 door hatchback as my daily and its almost at 180k now. This thing will last 1 million because it's been rust proofed every year since 2007, the oil has been changed every 8k with synthetic aswell. There's a reason why you see pizza and chicken delivery places all using Yaris/Echo/Corolla, its because they literally last a million kms. Bulletproof if taken care of, but even beaten on I had a friend who had about 7 or 800k on his 1999 corolla and he did not give any fucks about maintenance. The body was rusty and falling apart but engine itself was still running lol, we always laughed at how retarded and bulletproof his car was and confused as to why it hasn't blown up yet.

tl;dr

buy it
Where I worked, even a Toyota was good for the scrap past 200k, but we were really rough and careless I must say.

And our 1999 Camry was badly attacked by rust after 450k km. When you need to change the gas tank, brake lines, etc. At some point it's not worth fixing it anymore even if the engine is great.

I visited the car

Back attachment rusty and little hole in exhaust

sound exhaust leak.

Change exhaust for cheap? Kenny U Pull ?

The rest is good.

The Yaris is worse than Hatchback on the highway ?

Back