Dyno tune for Nissan

Just had my MAF moved further from the turbo ( tough to do due to lack of room, lucky I know a very good fabricator ) as Patrick suggested ( during the tune he installed a temp adaptor and moved the MAF ), now I know that the MAF should not be 8 inches from the turbo. Also ask what he recommended for oil to use.... 10-40 was his suggestion.
Next quest is getting a new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate ( what I have is not good enough for the full torque )17883814_10155193758831823_7708504859744528878_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just to add. Have not driven the car much due to weather, the car would surge while idling and most of the time quit when the gas was let off at a stop and get worse when it warmed up. Partick mentioned to play with the idle screw and it should work better.... Wrong. Went to my fabricator buddy and he said I need to change to an internal blowoff for the turbo, this was completed yesterday and the motor runs perfect. The tune was good but my friend was surprised that Patrick could not figure that out during the tune. The car did run well during driving except when the gas was let off it died or surged.

18057967_10155242884861823_479016605298941732_n.jpg18157225_10155242885221823_1173079887663579801_n.jpg

Je sais pas ce que tu appele "Surge" mais le fait que ton auto stallait en lachant le gaz ou au idle était eu au fait que tu roulais avec une BOV atmosphérique combiné a ton mass air flow, et non du "boost surge"

On convient du terme "Surge" quand la blow off valve ouvre pas assez , pas du tout, ou dompe pas assez, on entend alors un espèce de son: TSU TSU TSUTSU, cest le sont de la compressor wheel qui shop dans l'air comprimé. Ca réduit l'espérence de vie du turbo. On encore quand on a un gros turbo sur un petit moteur, le turbo produit plus d'air comprimé que le moteur en avale, on obtient alors du "surge" en cruising

C'est normal que ton moteur boquait parce que l'air qui a été calcul par ton MAF avant d'être avalé par le turbo est laissé allé par la BOV externe avant de rentré dans ton moteur, ce qui fausse la lecture et fait en sorte que ton moteur calle.

Tu peux remettre une bov externe si tu roule avec une configuration d'ecu en Speed density (avec un map sensor au lieu d'un maf)

Patrick ta probablement suggéré de joué avec la vis de "idle" pour le monter plus haut, ca évite que le RPM tombe trop bas entre les changement de vitesse ou quand tu lache le gaz d'un coup sec. Ca détourne le problème au lieu de le régler si on veut.

For surge I meant the engines RPM will go up and down when at idle ( sorry if I used the wrong term ) I know it was not boost surge. The person I know here ( and he builds many cars ) said even before I mentioned the idle screw (it was stuck and ask him to fix it ) that the issue I was having was due to no internal blow off valve, he explained it but my French sucks and his English is just passable. The engine was not over heating at any time but when it reached normal temp the issue would increase.
The internal blow off valve was installed, the idle screw was not touched at all, the engine runs perfect, the throttle can be applied and when released the engine will drop to the normal RPM and no more quitting. The tune up was great except for the engine at idle speed or when the gas was let off at low stopping speed.

Thanks guys going to see him as well.. Soltnutz I told you about ALMASI.. IS FULL OF SHIT

Yes and that was noted, he is not around and I really appreciate being told about Patrick, reason for asking questions on forums like this. Just to note, a couple of years ago I asked the same question and Robin was given a high praise.

Back