Looking for a place to detail!

Doum Audry

Hi everyone,

I've searched but have yet to find a recent post about this.

I bought a clean winter car and I don't want anyone to detail her, except me. But I live in a tiny appartement in Ahuntsic, on a major street, so there's no way I could detail in the street.

Long story short, I would like to find a garage where I can detail my car. Needs a drain, great lighting and a power outlet, that's it! Could be private and willing to pay if it is! :)

Thank you!

If you feel that you cannot trust a professional and must absolutely do it yourself, then you can look into places that rent out garage space like DEX garage on the north shore.

Thank you Joey! It's not so much about the trust, but rather about the fact that I want to learn to do it myself

I'm also looking for detailing classes, currently considering Bonneville. Any input on that? :)

Thanks

Personally, I'd avoid them. It's overly expensive and they don't teach you any in depth stuff. I have a few people I know who've gone there and they ended up learning more in a few hours with me than they did over 3 days over there. Basically, Bonneville is good to teach dealership guys how to do their job. They don't teach you how to work on different types of paint or what these are (single stage, enamel, waterborn, ceramic, etc.) they are very tied to the brands they are sponsored/endorsed by so they won't show you or mention anything else.

You'll honestly learn more, albeit more slowly, by watching videos and reading up on detailing forums.

Larry (Ammo NYC) has great tutorials for entry level detailers that are well explained, without being overly complicated. I'd suggest starting with watching his stuff.

Yeah, I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Larry. I love his videos and podcasts, especially the one with the guy from Meguiar's! I'll be trying a few of his product for the first time this weekend! Did you ever try AMMO SKIN?

I'll send you an email to start talking about practicing. I do believe knowledge is important, but skills and technique even more .

Back