Fram oil filter is crap ?

When I had my sunfires I only used fram because that filter with grip on it is magical. I think I even used Fram on my RB20 240sx. I'm honestly not sure if I ever changed my oil when I owned my civic (lol), but on my BRZ I've only used OEM filter because the manual says your warranty is void if you don't use an OEM filter, and I really don't need to give Subaru any excuse to not honour an engine warranty claim...

If you're able to get OEM filters I'd go with that since the price difference is minimal. Otherwise these days I'd go with NAPA gold which is a WIX. Come to think of it I probably used a NAPA gold on my 240sx and my Civic (again if I ever actually did an oil change lol)

There's a reason why FRAM filters are called the Orange Can of Death online.

Last year I did a very thorough and OCD level research on oil filters.

The top are the NAPA Platinum filter and WIX XP.
Then you got Royal Purple, K&N.
and then you get into Mobil1, Fram Ultra, etc.

What about Quaker State, where would it rank?

Put Denso at top too, they are really well made and are often considered to be one of the best

Pretty much every japanese manufacturer use Denso filters too (if you look at the filters, it's written made by Denso underneath the manufacturer name....and usually the filter sold by Denso is the exact same thing as the OEM one)

I used to install 2nd quality CarQuest cartridge on my old Ion beater. After 5k it would shrink maybe half its size. Still did from 190k to 250k with these but I won't recommend 2nd quality filter.

Damn I miss those 15$ oil change.

Les filtres MANN pour les volks c'est bien reconnu. Il y a beaucoup de discussion sur le net sur la qualité des filtres. Certains ont plus de chance de shrinker ou se défaire, et Fram font parti de sa.

Les filtres FRAM c'est bien trop chère! Motomaster FTW! Avec l'huile Motomaster bidon rouge quand elle est en spécial à 12$!

Est-ce qu'il y a déjà eu de bons filtreurs fram? J'en voit des tonnes dans des livres avec des ferrari d'époque

Mon daily je met une cartouche fram et le 350 dépendamment de ce que je trouve c'est WIX ou K/N

1967_Ferrari_330_GT_For_Sale_Engine_resize.jpg

images

Because those filters originally came on the cars and what the old man specified.. It's the same filter for all Ferrari's up until the the 430 I believe. The current OEM Ferrari filter is made by Purflux and comes in black. OC61 in Mahle which is also the same old air cooled Porsche filter.

The new cars are cartridge filters. Very similar to 4cyl VW TDi engine.

I'll go buy a fram tomorrow for comparison with wix filters and purolator

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Why not stick with the OEM filter? they're only like 4-5$ more than a cheap filter from CT...

This is endless discussion that will never end. In the end buy WTV makes you comfortable.
But using your brain and doing a bit of research can help you save a buck or two if it matters to you. Toyota OEM is ~10$ at the dealer for my engine, I buy WIX / Fram that does exactly the same job for ~1$ on Rock auto, never had a single issue running even longer 10k interval lately.

For most of us, your comparison means fuk all and does not matter for everyday use. I have used fram filter (the cheapest ones) for a decade in various hard driven cars and various oil change intervals, up to 15k km, never had a single issue.

If less filtration area and shittier components that can restrict oil pressure and flow to the engine mean fuk all to you, then by all means, continue to use them. I'll go buy OEM instead for 5$ more.

Back