Fram oil filter is crap ?

I mostly use Fram Filters on my cars.

Never had any problems in 15 + years of doing my own oil changes, never had a blown motor, never had leaks, etc.

They are ok from my experience and they are cheap.

Fram is an OE manufacture and makes quality filters.
That being said, there are better on the market, depends really on your expectations with you car.
If its a basic daily driven car without boosted engine and you change your oil regularly and you pan to get rid of said car within a reasonable time frame- well yeah Fram works.

Like oils, there is something for everybody.

PS- I raced motorcycles and cars back in the 80s/90s using Fram filters on all my vehicles. No issues.

I buy a FRAM oil filter at CT

The reviews are bad

FRAM is really bad?

CT I at buy FRAM oil a filter

are reviews The bad

really FRAM is bad?

94b88601ab93649a018bc0e09dbf036c.jpg

How can an oil filter have bad reviews?

Does it leak?

Does it make the engine knock or starve the engine?

Keep in mind that many aftermarket oil filters are designed for multiple cars, unlike the OEM from the dealer (recommended always) that is actually designed to be on the car.

I've been using FRAM, Motomaster and Quaker State (?? They have another name, I forget...) filters for years on the Sidekick and Impreza and often they will be different shapes from one another which makes me weary.

TBH Subaru I could get the filter from the dealer like I do for the Volvo.

But Suzuki doesn't have dealers anymore. Maybe GM have them but I'm not so sure - never had an issue with the Motomaster or FRAM filters I've used in there though.

I've used FRAM filters several times with no issue.

IMO, people like to comfort themselves in paying 25$ for a "premium" oil filter for their regular street car, thus like to hate on cheaper parts like 7$ FRAM filters.

Saw Fram filter on 30k$ built engine I guess they should be OK ?

I install (Affina, Wix, Fram, CarQuest, wtv brand name, OEM) and never had problems.

As for me I put wathever oil in special + OEM filter on my cars since I pay about the same price of a jobber.

I've used FRAM filters several times with no issue.

IMO, people like to comfort themselves in paying 25$ for a "premium" oil filter for their regular street car, thus like to hate on cheaper parts like 7$ FRAM filters.

Because you can go to Napa or any auto parts store and get a Wix filter for the same price... FRAM is popular because of the massive brand awareness they have at big box retailers.

Filtre Mazda OEM pour le Miata
Fitre Toyota OEM pour le 4runner

No fucks given je touche pas à du FRAM.

Why not stick with the OEM filter? they're only like 4-5$ more than a cheap filter from CT...

Fram fait faire ses filtreurs à différents endroits, j'ai vu du made in Canada, USA et Chine pour le même modèle de filtre.

Le char à ma mère a un filtre à "cartouche" comme un char européen et le Fram de Chine se défaisait en morceaux que je l'ai sorti après 10 000km. Pas eu de trouble avec les Canada/USA.

Why not stick with the OEM filter? they're only like 4-5$ more than a cheap filter from CT...

Because I'd rather have the extra 4-5$ in my pocket, and I don't have to drive 20 minutes to the dealership on top of that. Win-win.

Am I the only one reading twostroke posts with a stereotypical asian accent ?

Also check videos of people opening fram filters to see why they are shit.
Its just low quality cardboard inside on the base models.

Back