Fram oil filter is crap ?

OEM's change filter manufacturer ALL THE TIME...

So that Honda part number you're ordering can also be a Fram with nice blue paint. :)

i buy this

fram ultra 15$

UltraSyn171x177.png

If less filtration area and shittier components that can restrict oil pressure and flow to the engine mean fuk all to you, then by all means, continue to use them. I'll go buy OEM instead for 5$ more.

Pontiac Vibe ---- 300k 0 zero issues and still going strong from what i hear.
Camry ---- 3.3 and 2.4, over 200k combined, zero issues either.
Used in many other cars too over the years , not worth it explaining to you and getting into details, you get my point.

So how are you going to convince me that they are bad filters when i never had issues?
I am not saying they are perfect for every application, usage situation (like lapping) and car.
Is there better out there? Absolutely there is, but for everyday average joe user, i couldn't care less if i have less pleats or cardboard or wtv you call it. It does the job just fine.

Ca fait 8 ans que j'utilise des cartouches Fram sur mon daily sans problèmes et j'ai déjà aussi dépassé 10K sur un changement d'huile /1 an. Contrairement aux filtreurs avec les cartouches tu vois l'état du filtre après utilisation et il tient bon.

1155401.jpg

j'ai regler le probleme du filtre ca fais longtemps pour mon auto, j'en roule simplement pas.

just because "you never had a problem" doesnt mean you had the best protection and filtration from your oil and filter. So stop saying that, and look at the comparisons people are offering, if you're still too cheap to go to Napa then do what you want.

It pisses me off people who use cheap oil filters with synthetic oil, after 15k I wonder how much of that paper is left in there.

just because "you never had a problem" doesnt mean you had the best protection and filtration from your oil and filter. So stop saying that, and look at the comparisons people are offering, if you're still too cheap to go to Napa then do what you want.

It pisses me off people who use cheap oil filters with synthetic oil, after 15k I wonder how much of that paper is left in there.

Well said, when I was rebuilding my motor I met a Nissan tech and he showed me all the tiny oil ports throughout the block and recommended to never buy a cheap oil filter as they detoriate and the particles get stuck in the oil ports. Just because someone does not have issues with cheap filters does not mean they are good, I have never been mugged but it does happen to other people. I only buy Nissan filters, when you put thousands into a motor why cheap out on a oil filter. Even with synthetic I still change my oil every 5K as it is all I drive my car in a season.

also don't buy the expensive racing filters for a daily driver... they tend to filter LESS as a compromise to increase flow.

Racing filters are designed to flow more oil (needed at higher RPM) and are made to take more hydraulic pressure. They are not a better filter for a "normal" car.

also don't buy the expensive racing filters for a daily driver... they tend to filter LESS as a compromise to increase flow.

Racing filters are designed to flow more oil (needed at higher RPM) and are made to take more hydraulic pressure. They are not a better filter for a "normal" car.

exactly! they say the same thing about Royal Purple oil, its fantastic on the track at high temp sitautions, but its not great on cold mornings, cold starst., it doesnt protect like regular synthetic for regular driving.

On my DD I use napa Silver, which honestly I have no idea if its good quality, on my summer car I use Napa Gold which is a WIX filter. I do short oil changes with that car either way. If I do a lapping day I intend to use a K+N filter and VR1 10W30 however.

On my Volvos however I always used MANN filters, they just seemed right for the car.

if you're still too cheap to go to Napa then do what you want.

I'll definitely keep doing what I want. :)

If you get pissed off because people don't buy the right kind of oil filter (according to you), you should try to focus on more important things. ;)

oem filters are not that expensive, why go with cheap ass CT filters?

Hundreds of thousands of kilometers, 10-15-20k intervals on regular oil. No problems.

Is it the better option, I'd guess not. Does it work just fine for me? Yes.

je change mon huile trop souvent pour men faire avec un filtre poche. J achete en batch sur rock auto du bosch, wix, purolator etc.

exactly! they say the same thing about Royal Purple oil, its fantastic on the track at high temp sitautions, but its not great on cold mornings, cold starst., it doesnt protect like regular synthetic for regular driving.

On my DD I use napa Silver, which honestly I have no idea if its good quality, on my summer car I use Napa Gold which is a WIX filter. I do short oil changes with that car either way. If I do a lapping day I intend to use a K+N filter and VR1 10W30 however.

On my Volvos however I always used MANN filters, they just seemed right for the car.

Race oil in general on the street isn't great because the additive package is much different.

PS: RP is pretty shit on the track ;)

Mustang gets ford filters and some old Dino oil.

Crown Vic gets synthetic and a ford filter or a k/n one.

Reason being all my other 4.6s did and none ever shit the bed. I get them usually at advance auto in the us. They always have some promo for oil and filter under 40$ us for synthetic.

And I can say of the 6 or 7 engines I've blown (305 chev, 1.8 8 V vw, etc etc) most had an orange filter on them. Not necessarily the filters fault but..... Fool me once, fool me twice....

^^^^Le best c'est de remplir avec de l'eau pi un peu de savon pi aller faire une ride de 10-15 minutes.

Ça va toute laver la vieille huile pi c'est pret a mettre de l'huile neuve. Je fait ça a toute mes changement d'huile pi chu rendu a 625 000km sur mon ej25 sans aucun probleme.

^^^^Le best c'est de remplir avec de l'eau pi un peu de savon pi aller faire une ride de 10-15 minutes.

Ça va toute laver la vieille huile pi c'est pret a mettre de l'huile neuve. Je fait ça a toute mes changement d'huile pi chu rendu a 625 000km sur mon ej25 sans aucun probleme.
Dishwasher soap or hand soap? I've heard that the additives in hand soap react with the ones in motor oil and can clog ports. Lemme know.

As for me I run NAPA platinum filter on the s2k with amsoil fluid in everything (engine, transmission, differential).

Here we go. I used old filters because they would better represent real world changes. The only issue is the Purolator is not the same numer as the rest

Number used is 10060 Except for the Purolator

Fram, Purolator, Auto Extra (Economy wix) and Ecogaurd (Made in China) These filters have around 6-7k on them

As expect the Fram filter, very low quality with cardboard end caps and filter media all twisted, a cheapo rubber anti drain back valve... The 3$ Auto Extra is much better built so is the Ecogaurd... I didn't pull apart the media to measure but judging by the Fram I am going to say it has the least... Purolator nicely constructed filter, silicone anti drain back valve, nice looking filter media. The Ecoguard is the interesting one here, it's actually better than the fram! The only bummer is the low quality rubber anti drain back valve

17273334_10158275521590696_519566905_o_zpsrmqwjfxm.jpg

This is a MANN Filter in a popular VAG application. Steel casing twice as thick as the filters above, Nitrile anti drain back, even space filter media after 10k, steel end caps. Very very high quality. I would expect Mahle to be just as good. Made in Germany!

17236988_10158275521740696_149002591_o_zpsapnryl2j.jpg

Back