Porsche Colour Expert Needed

Harley514

Hello, can anyone tell me what is the name for Porsche's silver colour? I'm talking about the silver they used for a lot of their race cars and classic cars...thank you!

This??

5706 Silver Metallic

3ec6591688.jpg

Mine was "Rhodium Silver" , what you are referring to is probably what they charge 4k for now as GT silver metallic. Hope this helps

92E, 92M, A8 - Polar Silver Metallic
92T, 92U, X1 - Arctic Silver Metallic
But theres are more 964 to 996...

I'm talking about the silver found on most of the older race cars such as the 718 racer, and classics such as the 356 speedster, 959, carrera gt etc etc...for some reason when you google classic porsches most of them come in a specific silver. I was wondering what the code for that specific silver is or if it varies from car to car cuz classic porsches look great regardless of color, but even better in that silver. Hope this clarifies, thx

Carrera GT is 'GT Silver'
Better luck asking on a Porsche-specific forum like Rennlist or pelicanparts than on MR though...

I think for OP any silver color is the same.
No, is not.
There are many silvers...Porsche silver.
As mentioned , for example, the GT silver came in 2005 when the Carrera GT was launched and it was exclusive for that model. No other Porsche model could have it, not even as PTS (Paint To Simple).
Years later, they introduced it in the line up. By 2010 if not mistaken. After being years a 4500$ option, in 2017 is a 850$ option on the 991.2 GT3.

Over the course of the years they change the paint colour, thus the code is different. Especially when you're going as broad as a 356 to a CGT. That's what, 40 years of paint?

Back