Window tint

Damn man that sucks, I think we got the same amount of tint and I think mine is illegal for sure but I've never had any problems, my friend did it If I remember its around 150$ and they run your windows with a photometer machine that reads the amount of light that goes through, if you fail then you have to go back again and pay again, I'd suggest just removing the tint and pass the test then get a lower grade tint I guess thats what my friend did.

Sucks, glad I dont live in MTL
Tomorrow that's what i'll be doing. Removing the tint. Your car looks fresh as fuck. Caribbean blue or athens blue?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

FYI

• Les vitres latérales avant du véhicule doivent laisser passer la lumière à 70 % ou plus lorsqu'on la mesure à l'aide d'un photomètre.
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/securite-routiere/moyens-deplacement/auto/auto-modifiee/vitres-teintees/
My paper says windows to dark can't identify driver from 2 meters. I really don't want a ticket, and he told me straight up i won't pass. It will pass the day in the cold. Hopefully it comes off easily.

Tomorrow that's what i'll be doing. Removing the tint. Your car looks fresh as fuck. Caribbean blue or athens blue?

Thanks man, yeah Athens Blue pretty rare to get by never seen another one

You're lucky af everyone I know with a rev up eats oil like there's no tomorrow, maybe yours was taken care of or just lucky af. I might not have the rev up but still enjoy it, 2007 coupe 88,000km too

If you look here, you can see through the windows. Really think it won't pass?
71a0ae56ff7807f29a708eec2d037096.jpg

I bought my BMW with tindows tinted like that in Sorel, the previous owner had it done for 4 years, in Drummondville I got a ticket and needed to have it taken off the front side windows, took off the front and back and left the rear on as the heated windows would have been ruined with removal.

If you look here, you can see through the windows. Really think it won't pass?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170311/71a0ae56ff7807f29a708eec2d037096.jpg

Ça passe pas c'est sur. Ton tint d'origine doit être autour de 75%, alors dès que tu mets de quoi, ça devient illégal (en dessous du 70%VLT). Sur la photo ça ressemble plus a du 30%VLT ce que tu as.
L'inspection c'est entre 50$ et 60$ tx in.

Si tu veux faire une reteinte, vas'y pour le tint le plus bas. Tu va voir juste un petite différence de teinte mais ça va quand même couper pas mal la chaleur dans l'auto et le rayons UV. Comme ça tu est sur de pas de faire envoyer de nouveau a l’inspection ou ticket.

Sinon je sais que la plupart des policiers tolèrent si ils peuvent bien voir dans l'auto, même si le tint est illégal. Il reste que tu peut avoir un ticket pareil.

En passant la loi c'est seulement pour le pare-brise et les deux fenêtres avant. Les autres peuvent être peinturés au latex rose bonbon, si tu a tes mirroirs, c'est ok.

ahaha OP, I was at Pete's Superbike getting my tires changed Tuesday, saw you leaving; Confirmed, I can recognize your mug from over 2m now ;)

I had the same issue with my BMW, it is a 4 door so I had to remove all 4 windows ( I know only the front needed to be done but did not like the look ), left the back window on as removing it would have screwed up window defrost. Ticket $45, removal of tint $100, cost of inspection $35, this is in Drummondville. From the factory every window has a certain percentage of a tint, even adding a 25% tint would probably bring it up to 50% which would get you a ticket. I drove the BMW for 2 years without any trouble, one day a cop stopped me and I got a ticket. Guessing his boyfriend never had sex with him that morning and he was upset.

18157286_10155245848446823_8455092895356199927_n.jpg

Last edited:
We've driven the CTS for 3 years now with tints on and never gotten stopped but now this year the cops have a hard on for tints apparently so I'm almost (almost) worried.

The catch is that with a pano roof if you open it during the day the tints look clear.

At night though...

Back