Raptor SVT | 1 step polish | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
This is the second Raptor SVT we did in Ontario, this one needed some correction because it wasn't properly cared for at the dealer. Because of the very high paint thickness, we believe this car was repaint, but the finish was like OEM finish so it might have been respray at the factory after not passing the quality control. Just a suggestion, i could be wrong, but i never saw factory paint with 300 microns thickness..

Process:
washing
decontamination 2-step
1step polishing

Interior detail

After the washing, i started my 50/50 test panel ;

Difference is pretty obvious right ? It's not like the truck was trash in any means, but the difference is easy to highlight!

Taping of different area, these trims are very porous, especially the matte wrapping you don't want to end up with a glossy wrap lol! so all these pieces had to be taped ;

Application of Aquapel ;

Oh yeah, i forget ! Here's the reading of the thickness of the paint ;

weird, how the back is reading 100 microns but the whole cabin reads 300 microns and they are most likely not painted at the same time..

A nice little touch. Owner brought me some starbuck to finish the detail :) Along with feeding me cold water bottle haha.. I was detailing the tailgate and he notice my first water bottle was empty, i saw 3 minutes later a fresh bottle on the windshield ! Thank you.

And here's the end result:

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Back