Inspection Season Started Early

MC SULY

As many of you know i drive a B7 RS4 with a moderate drop aka Slöwpöke.
This is a heads up to everyone who has modifications on there vehicle.

In verdun, my hood i got pulled over and am being sent to Inspection.
All the cop had to do was flash his light multiple times at my fender and yell "inspection" lel.

I had an inspection 1.5year ago. This was a breeze, raise the car etc. Passed. Now it's tough af!

Now i called 21 saaq certified garages (half the ones i knew are not even saaq authorized anymoar), and only 1 said they'll "take a look" for me since i have coilovers... The first garage i went to i didn't mention it saying stock height etc. But he saw the adjustment and yelled failed lol...
Anything non-oem = illegal especially suspension. If you have anything not original they will even try to find the serial number to match.

For those who say, yea but it says coilovers on website with some other stuff etc. part of legal list, yes BUT you have to open up a $500+tax modified vehicle dossier from saaq that has to get approved from head office in QC and QC engineers which is a 99% time automatic fail from what 7 garages told me lel,s ince your not allowed to modify your vehicle. Than maybe pay for a 2nd inspection depending on how modified you are. Actually surprised how honest garages are over the phone haha.

2429avp.jpg

izq8g3.jpg

Transfer the car to one of your friends as if it is being sold

The inspection goes away apparently, from what i've heard

You'll get a fine for not showing up for the inspection though (400$ approx)

Ask Sotam, he's the expert on inspections lol

wtf !

I'm wondering if you go with OEM shocks and h&r springs, if it's like b7 a4s, it might be a little higer than your actual setup, but still have a nice look and great handling. you should be ok.

On the sline a4 it doesn't really drop the back, at least not in a visible way, around 0.6''. The front will drop more (1.5''), but only to ''kind of'' equalize with the back. (based on my measurement before the sag)

Paint the h&r springs in the same oem black color with the stripes on it, an no inspector will see the freaking difference.

not thatttt much higher :
A4_Lowered.jpg

^ OP tracks his car regularly, I think OEM shocks with springs wont cut it for him lol.

+1 for Ask Sotam, how he still dailies his jetta is one of the world's greatest mysteries haha.

^ OP tracks his car regularly, I think OEM shocks with springs wont cut it for him lol.

+1 for Ask Sotam, how he still dailies his jetta is one of the world's greatest mysteries haha.

no no no, man, SQ engineer said that non-oem suspension will kill you!!!!

Anyway, rs4s are already track ready, op has to choose, stupid cops or a better handling.
With better shocks and h&r, I'm pretty sure it will be not that bad. Painted in the original color, inspectors won,t say a thing.

It's pissing me off so much, we just can't be a little different, soon enough they will give you an inspection on a oem car with non-oem tires.

Alex Pneu Mécanique Mario Bédard
Address: 6000 Sherbrooke St E, Montreal, QC H1N 1B8
Phone: (514) 254-6006

**One of few places that passes with adjustable suspension**

Got all details about modified dossier by saaq. This place said they have passed multiple "modified vehicles" by the saaq qc head office engineers.

Since most ppl are lowered, what they do is they get the model number and check on it. No cheap Chinese/eBay shit will pass. Air will not pass (i think he said).

They check the ride heights in a simulated crash program to see if you end up over or under a crash and how safe. After if suspension is good/simulation they suggest a limitation of a drop or lift height based on your car. example 0.1" to "1.5" max.

You get a permit from saaq/certificafe to show these to cops if stopped, also it will be on your file. Cops will be able to access pictures when pulled over. If you change anything out of limitations other than listed fines are heavy = fraud.
*You can do as many inspections as you want until pass $$$ (taxes 1-3months to find out)
*There are now specific cops looking only for modified vehicles
*You could still get inspection but i guess challenge it after...

Good info

Thing is if they say your car can't go lower than anything below 1 to 1.5 inch's , coil over become useless for my car . Might as well sell them and switch over to H&R super sports + better shocks .

Remember guys, every year there's a wave of inspections in spring. I'll be using my daily until it calms down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
WOW can QC get and fucking gayer .. they tell us our cars are dangerous and blah blah blah and yet we have potholes and speed bumps on our HIGHWAYS !!!!!! i hate this province with a passion

Remember guys, every year there's a wave of inspections in spring. I'll be using my daily until it calms down.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
not just spring now year long

is this thatttt much an issue in quebec?
yes lel.. it's a vicious money circle. They want to force everyone to get a "Modified Vehicle Dossier" which costs $500. Even than you are not safe and still could be sent to inspection for $100. You will most prolly fail because they will find literally anything including a bearing. Than you gotta go change it within 48hr and go back and pay $100 for a 2nd inspection.

WOW can QC get and fucking gayer .. they tell us our cars are dangerous and blah blah blah and yet we have potholes and speed bumps on our HIGHWAYS !!!!!! i hate this province with a passion
pretty much, everyone has blown tires this year cuz of potholes, and i got a bubble from hitting a pothole

wtf !

I'm wondering if you go with OEM shocks and h&r springs, if it's like b7 a4s, it might be a little higer than your actual setup, but still have a nice look and great handling. you should be ok.

On the sline a4 it doesn't really drop the back, at least not in a visible way, around 0.6''. The front will drop more (1.5''), but only to ''kind of'' equalize with the back. (based on my measurement before the sag)

Paint the h&r springs in the same oem black color with the stripes on it, an no inspector will see the freaking difference.

not thatttt much higher :

All the inspector would have to do is verify in an alignment database what the stock ride height is and see this setup is below stock height.

All the inspector would have to do is verify in an alignment database what the stock ride height is and see this setup is below stock height.

really? what is the relation with ride height VS suspension system security VS car stability.

I mean, a4 audi got different height depending on the option. And all of them got the same suspension parts.

Let say you have a non-sline a4, and you upgrade to OEM # part s-line shocks+ springs, the car will be lower and you won't pass the inspection?

Makes no sens on a logical point of view.

I understand that some idiots cross the limits, but for some people it's a tax.
I hate those kind of tax; Let be like all other people on the streets, 4cyl, underpower, grey , automatic base car... :squintfin

really? what is the relation with ride height VS suspension system security VS car stability.

I mean, a4 audi got different height depending on the option. And all of them got the same suspension parts.

Let say you have a non-sline a4, and you upgrade to OEM # part s-line shocks+ springs, the car will be lower and you won't pass the inspection?

Makes no sens on a logical point of view.

I understand that some idiots cross the limits, but for some people it's a tax.
I hate those kind of tax; Let be like all other people on the streets, 4cyl, underpower, grey , automatic base car... :squintfin

The relation is if they require all vehicles to prove that "all owners comply with manufactures alignment specifications" as stated before and the ride height is 2-3 inches lower you might not be able to have alignment values in spec. For the vehicle you mentioned that is something the oem engineers took into consideration when building the original suspension setup and why the drop isn't excessive. For most cars though the alignment specs are built with the vehicle being a certain ride height and you may not have enough tolerance to get all values in spec.

Back