Aircooled Porsche market going nuts?

964s are most definitely overpriced if were talking about limited editions ie EU (964 S or 3.6, RS or N-GT, Speedsters, C4 lightweight, etc.) but NA prices are preposterous... You can still find a decent base car for a fair price in DE tho, tiptronic cars being the low end, followed by stick cabs & targas, then C4 coupes; once you hit C2 coupe territory, prices go full retard... I so regret not picking up a 964 10 years ago

bubbles in the "exotic" car market can take a long time to deflate because the only thing that dictates marginal prices is the most optimistic buyer... there's no market forces that can take the market down (unlike the stock market)

Actual production figures for the 3.6l Turbo in 1994:

335 for the US
13 for Canada
268 for Europe
57 LHD cars

These figures exclude the very rare X88 and package cars.

Gas guzzler tax in 1994?

f77b9039-15c7-4a51-b0b6-1afc5d97c0b0.jpg

bubbles in the "exotic" car market can take a long time to deflate because the only thing that dictates marginal prices is the most optimistic buyer... there's no market forces that can take the market down (unlike the stock market)
And with time, the number of (optimistic) buyers will only increase, the number of coveted cars will stay at a pretty steady level which will only create an upward pressure on classic car prices. So the question still remains, has there been a car market bubnle burst yet?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just wait until the next stock market crash, which is expected any day now. Lots of optimistic buyers will need to sell to pay their bills. Investors will cash out to buy stocks "on sale". Etc...

Weren't exotics prices super low during the 2008-09 crash?

I almost bought a mint and I mean mint 84targa with 45k kms for 23grand Canadian. . At the time I was like fuck that's a lot of money ... 5years later it's basically 70k. I'm such an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost bought a mint and I mean mint 84targa with 45k kms for 23grand Canadian. . At the time I was like fuck that's a lot of money ... 5years later it's basically 70k. I'm such an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we spoke about that one... You defo should have bought it lol

Aircooled Porsche prices were stable for decades, roughly following inflation, until mid to late 2012.

Then in early 2012, Magnus Walker releases ''urban outlaw'' film.

Everybody realizes how awesome aircooled Porsche are, and prices immediately start soaring and have almost tripled in the last four years.

Is paul motor co really that bad? Why all the hate?

EDIT not saying i agree with the price they are asking for, just asking what's up with all the hate towards this particular dealer or wtv you wanna call them

Aircooled Porsche prices were stable for decades, roughly following inflation, until mid to late 2012.

Then in early 2012, Magnus Walker releases ''urban outlaw'' film.

Everybody realizes how awesome aircooled Porsche are, and prices immediately start soaring and have almost tripled in the last four years.

I don't think Magnus had any credits with the 911 bubble. In 2013 the 911 turned 50 years old and it had a big impact on the market. Suddenly everyone needed an aircooled 911.

Back