Scratched windshield help

squiggles

Hey detail gurus! How can i use to fix a scratched windshield. It about 10incha long and not deep.scratched the windshield taking some snow off with a loose poece of plastic. I read cerium oxide can do the job but i other then the internet. I dont know where i could get some.

Cheers

Cerium oxide will polish out very mild swirls in glass. actual scratches usually don't come out. Can you post a pic?

These day, lots of windshield can be had for about 250$ish.. It's not really worth it to invest in 50-100$ in detailing ( where there's no guarentee it will be removed) when a new one could be had for about 150$ more.

New one also means no more rock chip and stuff :) pure clear vision !

True. My golf r windshield with sensors is 220$ installed.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Windshield-Scratch.jpg
its very similar to this one, when i pass my finger nail over it, it doesnt catch if that makes sense. its roughly 10inches long straight line

Attachments

• Windshield-Scratch.jpg
    Windshield-Scratch.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 31
I could give it a go when I detail the car. so better wait till I try. Then if I can't do anything, then its time to think about a new windshield if it bug you ! Doesn't cost anything, just patience till we book ! lol

True. My golf r windshield with sensors is 220$ installed.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Wow it's cheap. My Caliber's windshield cost 192$ at the dealer and I paid a guy 80$ for the installation.

But it's good to know that small surface scratch can be polish. Theres a few light one on the Corolla. I'm gonna get the car a 1 step this summer by a detailer on the forum (have not contacted anyone yet) and I'm gonna ask him to try.

Back