Need MR Army - Is this a scam?

T5shortblock

Hey guys,

a family member has been called by a French company called Immovente Direct International, website: http://www.immoventedirect.com/

person calling supposedly calls small business owners across the province of Quebec to see if they are interested in selling their business to French investors.

In my family member's case, the interest was there and a French woman called Sevrine Sbeghen said she would come visit the property the following week (sight unseen, first red flag) and take pictures and document as she has an interested prospective buyer in that field of work wanting to move to Quebec. She would be doing this at the cost of the prospective buyer and flying in from France (second red flag)

The meeting occurred the following week and the family member was accompanied by trusted friends and the lady in question was very professional, I found her on facebook and asked the family member if the facebook picutre was the same person that they met and the family member confirmed it was the case, so at that's sort of positive. link to FB profile. https://www.facebook.com/severine.sbeghen

Where I find it really odd is that after the meeting was done the fee structure was discussed, and instead of a traditional commission if the business/property sells, the payment is demanded up front before anything is shared with the prospective buyer. And they then tell them it will be re-reimbursed if the property sells. (2 more red flags there, up front payment and reimbursed if it sells??) is this normal for commercial sales?

The family member wanted my advice before signing anything so here we are. It smells fishy to me, I called their Montreal office today to see what was up, it's supposedly just a virtual secretary and the person could not share much, and seemed shaky in his answers, I was posing as the nefew of someone interested in selling my business through them, that I had just found them online. They mention they only deal with sellers that don't have an real estate agent, and they would not discuss the commission fee structure with me directly, they wanted details about the business first. I told them to call my uncle John (wink wink, that will be me) back tomorrow morning.

thoughts?

Hey guys,

a family member has been called by a French company called Immovente Direct International, website: http://www.immoventedirect.com/

person calling supposedly calls small business owners across the province of Quebec to see if they are interested in selling their business to French investors.

In my family member's case, the interest was there and a French woman called Sevrine Sbeghen said she would come visit the property the following week (sight unseen, first red flag) and take pictures and document as she has an interested prospective buyer in that field of work wanting to move to Quebec. She would be doing this at the cost of the prospective buyer and flying in from France (second red flag)

The meeting occurred the following week and the family member was accompanied by trusted friends and the lady in question was very professional, I found her on facebook and asked the family member if the facebook picutre was the same person that they met and the family member confirmed it was the case, so at that's sort of positive. link to FB profile. https://www.facebook.com/severine.sbeghen

Where I find it really odd is that after the meeting was done the fee structure was discussed, and instead of a traditional commission if the business/property sells, the payment is demanded up front before anything is shared with the prospective buyer. And they then tell them it will be re-reimbursed if the property sells. (2 more red flags there, up front payment and reimbursed if it sells??) is this normal for commercial sales?

The family member wanted my advice before signing anything so here we are. It smells fishy to me, I called their Montreal office today to see what was up, it's supposedly just a virtual secretary and the person could not share much, and seemed shaky in his answers, I was posing as the nefew of someone interested in selling my business through them, that I had just found them online. They mention they only deal with sellers that don't have an real estate agent, and they would not discuss the commission fee structure with me directly, they wanted details about the business first. I told them to call my uncle John (wink wink, that will be me) back tomorrow morning.

thoughts?

http://whois.domaintools.com/immoventedirect.com

Un gros ''scam'' n'aurait pas un nom traçable sur 9ans+ ni toutes les infos publiques et légitimement enregistrées sur le whois.

if you are in doubt, just do anything with a lawyer to make sure everything is done legitimately...

then again, you never know.

Her father seems to be the founder with his brother
http://www.verif.com/societe/IMMOVENTE-DIRECT-INTERNATIONAL-505279612/

liste de musique Deezer
http://www.deezer.com/profile/72763691/playlists

liste d'activités parascolaire page 8 du PDF, elle fait du Judo, qqpart a Grenoble
http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/ia38/siteiaspip/IMG/pdf/bddinterdis.pdf

Ses activités FB même au sain de ses amis ne sont pas toutes publiques
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9186d7aa013ead285998d167287339d2&oe=595E8289
Mais elle ne se ''cache'' pas
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2c53f84458255a41975aa40616e6048b&oe=5997D21B

There are legitimate business that operate this way, generally it's just a fast track for foreign nationals to get their PR/Canadian Citizenship.

There have been examples of European farmers selling their property in Europe and moving to Canada to keep farming.

But there's no chance I'd ever pay in advance for unsolicited services before they were even rendered.

The furthest I'd go is put money into escrow or they can fuck off.

Well I guess I stand corrected.

haha

guys really appreciate your responses, kranked it sure smelled that way to me as well, it had all the ingredients to be a scam but I guess this is a rare instance where it looks like a scam, it smells like a scam and walks like a scam, but it might not be a scam... lmao.

guys really appreciate your responses, kranked it sure smelled that way to me as well, it had all the ingredients to be a scam but I guess this is a rare instance where it looks like a scam, it smells like a scam and walks like a scam, but it might not be a scam... lmao.

As Spiter_01 also said, I'm just VERY uncomfortable with paying upfront for unsolicited services before they were even rendered.

Even if it is legit, I'd probably tell them to fuck off. lol

As Spiter_01 also said, I'm just VERY uncomfortable with paying upfront for unsolicited services before they were even rendered.

Even if it is legit, I'd probably tell them to fuck off. lol

Indeed.

I guess the first question was to define if it's a scam or not. Given it is legit, next question is how to proceed to protect your funds.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

People are fucking dumb.

Transaction is done here so follow our real estate rules. They'll get their money at the notary's office when the sale is done.

Transaction is done here so follow our real estate rules. They'll get their money at the notary's office when the sale is done.

You are in Quebec. Why should you follow their way of doing things.

A Rome,. on fait comme les Romains, au quebec, tu fais comme les Québécois.

On s'en calisse qui viennent de France, Allemagne ou Papouasie, la transaction doit se faire selon les loisi d'ici.

Et je me range du coté des autres aussi, j'ai pas sollicité un service, pourquoi je payerais. Payer une commission une fois toute faire, absolument... mais rien d'autre.

Back