Can anyone recommend a reputable Car Audio installer that has a shop or does in-house

rockstead

I'm not an enthusiast, I just own a family car, Grand Caravan 2015, but I know from my other hobbies that enthusiast forums are the best place to get referrals and good advice, I need someone that has a good reputation for installation and knowledge and can give me good advice.

I've been told the Kenwood 9903s eXellon receiver is a very good value for price and features,I'm thinking I will use my iPhone for CarPlay GPS, but I'm open to suggestions.

I also want a rear view backup camera installed, a front dash cam, possibly one of those mirror/cams or whatever is recommended. Do people just do backup camera or backup alert, not both together?

Not sure if I'm missing anything I should ask to be installed, I won't bother changing speakers because it's just as family car.

Thanks for any advice and referrals.

There are several places that come to mind- but JD Car Stereo on the 520 near the airport has been doing this since the 70s.... and he is still good OR in Laval Auto Perfect Son- another place that has been doing it for years.
My ITR was fitted several years ago with a nice Kenwood- at Perfect Son and my buddy went to JD last month for his Audi.....

There are several places that come to mind- but JD Car Stereo on the 520 near the airport has been doing this since the 70s.... and he is still good OR in Laval Auto Perfect Son- another place that has been doing it for years.
My ITR was fitted several years ago with a nice Kenwood- at Perfect Son and my buddy went to JD last month for his Audi.....

Ok thanks, that's great because I had emailed JD last night, and it's not super far, I'm in Pincourt.

I'll send Perfect Son an email too, thank you!

Ok thanks, that's great because I had emailed JD last night, and it's not super far, I'm in Pincourt.

I'll send Perfect Son an email too, thank you!

These guys are really old school- I would most likely want to call them for info.

should have take the option with nav/hdd/backup camera all from factory. worth all the money.

The factory option would be thousands and would probably not even have car play, and repair on factory components like that are ridiculously expedience to replace.

One more for JD, it is really the place where friends send friends.

Great stuff, I will definitely be giving him my business then.

Now hopefully I picked the right components, is JD the type of guy that recommends what to install, like he is up to date on that stuff, does he sell the components too?

Am I better off just ordering off Crutchfield, or Amazon and just having JD install?

The factory option would be thousands and would probably not even have car play, and repair on factory components like that are ridiculously expedience to replace.

yeah you're right 2500$ with nav, 1500$ without, depending what trim level you're getting. as long as there's bluetooth, carplay/androidplay can kiss my ass.

Now hopefully I picked the right components, is JD the type of guy that recommends what to install, like he is up to date on that stuff, does he sell the components too?

Am I better off just ordering off Crutchfield, or Amazon and just having JD install?

Give him the chance to show you and sell you on what they know best.
I am not sure that they would be super delighted to install something you brought in- but I can be wrong.
People go there to get the right info- not just a quick install.

Have a consultation with them, they never pushed me to buy anything just so they make more money. Also it's good to buy local because they are here in case you have a problem.

Trust me, you guys have me convince, I'm going there ASAP, is there someone specific I should ask for or is it a 1 man show?

Last time i went to JD i ended up with a better price for a double din screen than on crutchfield. +1 for JD

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Last time i went to JD i ended up with a better price for a double din screen than on crutchfield. +1 for JD

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Did you have to negotiate?

I really wish they had hours past 6 on Thurs or Fri or Saturday hours, anyhow, I'll find a way.

Thanks guys, Dan was awesome, super nice, and a much better price than anyone else I had gotten a quote from and I didn't even mention pricing, other than mentioning I wanting a good package price. Deposit left.

Back