Pirelli P-Zero Nero - why so cheap?

Oh I agree about R&D investment but here is the argument I was trying to make is that most people want something inexpensive.. You can try to sell them 800$ Michelins but when they also have a quote for 500$ Nexens, Minerva etc that 300$ difference is pretty big... I try to sell Brand name tires as much as I can but in the end price wins out. I'd say 85% of people don't give a crap what tires they buy.

As for Pirelli well since the Chinese bought them the prices have fallen. There was a time when Pirelli's were priced way above anyone else. Michelin as well...

I agree 100% with your post above and I surprised it's not like 95% that don't give a shit about the tires but I think we're commenting on slightly parallel points.

As overdose mentions, his video takes the extremes to prove a point and it not a head to head comparison buy this tire over that nor is it to get everyone to buy a performance summer tire, the videos raison d'etre is to target that 85% of your customer base and hopefully wake a few up into realising that a bit more money on tires can go a long way for their safety.

I agree 100% with your post above and I surprised it's not like 95% that don't give a shit about the tires but I think we're commenting on slightly parallel points.

As overdose mentions, his video takes the extremes to prove a point and it not a head to head comparison buy this tire over that nor is it to get everyone to buy a performance summer tire, the videos raison d'etre is to target that 85% of your customer base and hopefully wake a few up into realising that a bit more money on tires can go a long way for their safety.

The prob is that the extra cost for some could be an issue. I much rather sell some decent inexpensive tires over some dry rotted used crap off kijji

Des pneus avec faible résistance de roulement ça peut valoir la peine. Si les pneus font que l'auto consomme 1L/100 km de moins, ça va paraître pas mal sur la vie utile du pneu. Souvent y seront pas plus cher au bout du compte.

Wait a minute.

What do you think the difference in braking distance from 90km/h would be between cheap tyres and high performance tyres?

10ft?

20ft?

30ft?

50+

Let's say it's 20% shorter. If you reach impact location you're already going slowly enough by then, that unless you're heading for a cliff, your life will not be in danger.

If he's talking about tyre solidity/blowout then I agree although all tyres sold, Chinese, Korean, American, French and Italian tyres among others have to be tested and comply to some standards.

I don't think anyone will run a 100.000$ exotic on Kumho tyres.

Let's say it's 20% shorter. If you reach impact location you're already going slowly enough by then, that unless you're heading for a cliff, your life will not be in danger.

Ça fait chier pareil si t'as cheapé de $100 le set de tire mais que tu ramasse le derrière d'un pickup pis que ça te coûte un hood/grille/radiateur/bumper. Ou bien tu ramasses un chevreuil ou un piéton/enfant. (Think of the children)

Anyway, les tires, c'est un peu comme les brakes. Soit tu prends les plus cheaps que tu peux ou bien tu prends de la qualité. Entre les deux, t'es toujours déçu tant qu'à moi.

Ouais ben apres 1 semaine sur les Rapetisse c'est des pneus silencieux et tres collants, j'ai pas spine les 4 roues comme je l'ai fait l'automne passe sur les Michelin qui etaient sur les 16" ni (evidemment) les pneus d'hiver quand meme des Observe je crois?

Et au freinage l'auto est bien composee mais ca a jamais ete un probleme.

Reste a voir l'usure mais pour l'instant je suis satisfait.

Le garage ou j'ai apeller me suggere du Pirelli P7 cinturato all season Plus. j'ai supposément l'escompte garage ou je travail et il me revienne +- au prix de PneuARabais, 126$. Je pense de commander ça.

Finalement j'ai commander du Hankook Ventus V12, ma blonde vas sauver 16$ du pneu. On vas faire 3 été au lieux de 5, #womanlogic

Back