United Airline dragg out a passenger because they overbooked their fight

Imagine they 'force' you to get off when you purchased your ticket and have travel plans! Anyway the way the cops handled that situation.... well I see a beautifully compensated law suit coming up.

When asked why the airline had the man forcibly removed, and whether that was standard procedure in cases of overbooked flights, United refused to comment.

Instead they told BuzzFeed News all further questions should be referred to Chicago Police. BuzzFeed News contacted Chicago Police and were told to contact the Chicago Department of Aviation. When BuzzFeed News contacted the Chicago Department of Aviation they were transferred to a TSA message bank. A TSA spokesperson later told BuzzFeed News they were not involved and to contact Chicago Police.
*banghead*

Imagine they 'force' you to get off when you purchased your ticket and have travel plans! Anyway the way the cops handled that situation.... well I see a beautifully compensated law suit coming up.

I don't think the cops even had any legal grounds to expel the passenger.

Calling the police on a passenger with a paid ticket because the airline screwed up, or don't have a system setup to avoid a situation like this is ridiculous. I'm surprised that an airline would not keep a couple of seats reserved for transporting their own crew and sell it "last minute" to people on standby if they don't have anyone to take the seats.

Really.... people on here commenting he's a doctor, and flying in economy? Really? Who cares what class he is in.... also do you realise how expensive business and first class actually are? Do you even travel? Also, doctors in the US, pay for their own shit, so why not save money.

Next, a comment about people flying in jogging pants.... yet another uneducated stupid comment..... someone else that never takes a flight longer then 3 hrs.... or a flight in general.....

The ignorance here is real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling the police on a passenger with a paid ticket because the airline screwed up, or don't have a system setup to avoid a situation like this is ridiculous. I'm surprised that an airline would not keep a couple of seats reserved for transporting their own crew and sell it "last minute" to people on standby if they don't have anyone to take the seats.

Presque toute les airlines survendre leur avion.... c est totalement voulu. Avec toute les missconnection partout sa fit dans 95% du temps et pour le reste il trouve normalement les volontaires en echange de l argent

Deplus l autre crew qui devait embarquer c est probablement car il operait un vol a partir de l autre endroit, donc si le crew n embarquais pas le prochain vol aurais ete annule

J'avais pas ouvert le video encore et j'étais sur que c'étais un chinois.

PS Moi le monde qui applaudisse en atterrissant c'est tel que tel, mais les négresse qui se vide leur flocon de parfum avant d'embarquer moi je te sortirais ca.

Funny story.

True story:

My poker buddies go to Vegas every February (wrong month for me) and this year two of them - brothers - were asked to be put on a later flight because of overbooking. They were compensated 800US$ each. They of course agreed.

The "package" to go to Vegas was 500CDN$ including the flights back and forth and 5 nights at the hotel.

They basically financed their trip for next year so they said that now, since they got paid to go gambling - they are professional gamblers.

We all died.

Would have been compensated more if the airline "kicked them off" against their will. I think it's like $1300. They'll always look for people to voluntarily accept less money.

Faut être cheap en estie. Docteur et ça voyage en classe économique...

Criss c'est un vole courte distance, c'est 1h30 max dans l'avions entre ORD et cincinati et tu gagne fuck all sur un E170 à être en "business"

There is a very simple solution to would have avoided this entire situation, you keep increasing the compensation amount until someone accepts. The airline wanted to be cheap fucks and now they'll pay probably 20x if not a 100x what it would have cost in united credit.

Fairly certain you double that to $1600 and you would have gotten the 4 seats you needed.

Can't wait for Canada to get it's air passenger rights bill, so people can start getting fairly compensated when bullshit like this happens.

Also I'm not buying the "computer random selects who to kick off" that's just bullshit for we're going to kick off who ever paid the least for their fare.

Fucking shit show that is United, a decade removed from their merger with continental and they still don't have their systems integrated properly last I heard.

I'm wondering what happens to your luggage if you accept to give up your seat? Do they remove it from the plane or does it stay and you have to hope it will still be at the destination when you get there the next day?

I'm wondering what happens to your luggage if you accept to give up your seat? Do they remove it from the plane or does it stay and you have to hope it will still be at the destination when you get there the next day?

It get's removed from the plane, luggage will never travel ahead without its owner. In situations like these, they'll have the ground crew ready just waiting to remove the luggage once they know who is deboarding the plane.

Back