Fuel Injector Ultrasonic Cleaning/Refurbishing Review/Experience Injecteur Précision

darkestfenix

When you find a really nice place and excellent/trustworthy service like the one I received, you just have to share with community.

Since the moment I fired up the car for this season, my idle hasn't been smooth. I would get "puffing" sounds from the exhaust and light misfires at idle. No issues or heavy misfires under load or when ripping the car on the highway. CEL eventually came on for misfires on 2 and 4 and random on all cylinders. The car was working perfectly fine before storage. Changed all the plugs and changed coils on bad cylinders. No dice. Before tossing more money at it, I started reading a lot online and a bunch of guys were having identical symptoms. It was either bad injectors, blown headgasket or bent valves. The S2K only has 67k km on the odometer so I'd be surprised it was one of the last two issues. Especially since there were no symptoms before storage.

Instead of spending $600 USD buying new injectors, I decided to get them an ultrasonic cleaning, test and rebuild. I was going to post on MR to find out about any places people were aware of but I randomly found this guy on the South Shore via Google.

4tbFXCk.png

http://fuelinjectorprecision.com/

1801 Touchette
Ste-Julie, QC
J3E 1J7

Gave them a call, spoke to Richard (tech/owner) and Carole (receptionist/wife). Really patient and nice, answered my questions, explained his process. So decided to give this guy a shot.

I pulled my fuel rail and injectors out.

Pics:

R7wjvqv.jpg

I5gBLbL.jpg

Kgyc0EZ.jpg

llsLwB6.jpg

Had sediments/particles in my fuel rail as well...

nkJJD06.jpg

pb2VhaP.jpg

Before I even get started on the service... When I walked into the shop, it was an OCD persons wet dream (such as myself). So clean, organized, neat... Even if you didn't know a single thing about cars or tools, you can still sit and stare in awe and admire how clean and organized this workshop was...

OTa84wA.jpg

Once I saw his work area, I didn't even need to see this guy work to trust him to get the job done right; but he still let me hang around and see/explain every step of the process. Was a really friendly guy and I enjoyed watching everything get done in detail:

1. Ultrasonic cleaning of injectors (2 seperate steps: external and internal)
2. Backflush
3. Calibration testing (at different static RPMs and gradually increasing/decreasing RPMs)
  • Impedance
  • Pressure (Related to dripping)
  • Vaporization
  • Volume cc / second
  • Control (pulse width)
  • Static flow
4. Replace filters, o-rings, pintle cap, and other parts as required (additional cost)
5. Provide a test report

He even gave my fuel rail a good ultrasonic cleaning for free and even tested my fuel pressure regulator to make sure it was working fine.

The new filters, o-rings and seals.

yYj0v1C.jpg

Ready to go home and install

8CRH6Cv.jpg

sgo73xP.jpg

ZctkCPl.jpg

After re-installing the refurbished injectors and cleaned rail (I also removed and cleaned the PCV valve with carb cleaner while I was at it) all my symptoms disappeared, no more CEL, and car drives like new!

If you are someone like me, who appreciates someone that's clearly organized, competent and detail oriented, hope this thread gives some members a new place to get work done by someone you know is going to do an excellent job.

Thanks Richard!

If you use his services, tell him the engineer with the Honda S2000 referred you. I told him I'd post online on our forum to send him clients because I was so satisfied with his service.

Last edited:
I just gave them a call. I'll be dropping off my injectors and rail next week. Thanks for the great review

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

J'ai vu passé un post de cette entreprise sur audizine. com la semaine dernière, qui est essentiellement un forums us. J'imagine que ceux qui font affaire avec lui, sont satisfait.

Bien content de voir qu'il y a du bon service, pcq c'est pas fort fort dernièrement dans le domaine de l'automobile.

The workplace pic speaks for itself... I would definitely entrust work to this place without question!

Great review *tu*

Je sais bien que le prix est différent pour chaque client, mais on peut s'attendre a quoi a peu près comme dépense pour une job de 4 injecteurs? Merci

with such an impressive review, I am compelled to send my Evo injectors here as opposed to where I used to think was the place.
It seems my car is due- 150,000km on Bosch 1000cc and the car has weird running rough symptoms,

will let you know how it goes.

Merci pour le contact !

Jai envoyé des injecteurs de civic et mon moteur vire comme un neuf. shipped le mercredi de jonquiere et ils étaient à la maison vendredi matin.

Je vais sûrement envoyer mes injecteurs ETEC là aussi, vu le travail quils ont fait et que ces injecteurs la sont capricieux.

So I sent them today , they received them at 1;30pm- they called me at 4pm, ready to ship back- will have them tomorrow.
Total $158 tax in with shipping.
Spoke with his wife- she took my payment over the phone, then Richard took the phone and explained what he did.
My 150,000km injectors(injector dynamics 1000cc) have been in constant use since 2011 and they were full of varnish and 2 of them were leaking badly- explaining my misfire at idle and partial throttle.
Flow tested them- 850cc at 3 bar, 1000cc at 4 bar- yeah ID are screwing with their advertised flow rates, but mine are working at 60% WOT so that is still good.

In the end, I hope that this cures my engine problems BUT I can say that I learned a lot about injectors and they should be part of routine maintenance.
I guess my 365,000km ITr injectors go next.

Amazing service, highly recommended.

Back