Dilemma - what not to buy

Guys lol avant que ça derappe.. Oui 4 portes c'est un must.
Pas de 4x4.. je veux de quoi qui se deplace de 0-100 autour de 5 secondes..

La majorité du monde on A.D.D. sur le forum? Pas capable de lire OP 1st post.

Ça poste des automatique, des 2 portes...

Contribution au thread: pontiac g8 gxp qui a été importé
6.2l 6speed manual

Sinon d'ici 2-3 ans la chevy ss 6speed 2015 va etre en bas de 30'000$ si tu veux en importer une

Last edited:
My suggestions in order of performance:

1. B8 S4
2. 335i/xi
3. 4th gen TL SH-AWD
4. G35/37 Sedan
5. 3rd gen TL Type S

Reverse the order if reliability is your main concern.

Last edited:

1. B8 S4
2. 335i/xi
3. 4th gen TL SH-AWD
4. G35/37 Sedan
5. 3rd gen TL Type S

Reverse the order reliability is your main concern.
+1 for those bulletproof 3rd gen TLs. I'd go with this or a Lexus because I like my cars to actually LAST with minimal problems

+1 on G8 GXP; good luck finding one tho, there is exactly 1 for sale on kijiji nation-wide & its auto... Id prob look for a E60 stick V8 5er instead of a 3er, less of a chance it will have been beaten-neglected... 550i M-sport if you can, those sound soooo good!

La majorité du monde on A.D.D. sur le forum? Pas capable de lire OP 1st post.

Ça poste des automatique, des 2 portes...

Contribution au thread: pontiac g8 gxp qui a été importé
6.2l 6speed manual

Sinon d'ici 2-3 ans la chevy ss 6speed 2015 va etre en bas de 30'000$ si tu veux en importer une

because he wants a 4 door sports car with a manual transmission, like priorities bitch, you want to go fast or you want to haul your kids around?

Buy a 4 door civic, and a summer car damn it.

i dont think they make 4 Door sports sedans with Manual Transmission anymore, they are all automatics.

I would go with a 2009+ S4.

Ive seen a 2011 S4 for 20k. Good deal for the quality of the car.

1. B8 S4
2. 335i/xi
3. 4th gen TL SH-AWD
4. G35/37 Sedan
5. 3rd gen TL Type S

Reverse the order if reliability is your main concern.

the 3G TL is impossible to find with Low KM. the G37 is definately in the top picks. newest you can find is year 2013. same for the 4G TL.
i'm asking abut the 335 which years are better. and are they really better? i don't want to pay 1000 for a radiator or fuel injectors that fail before 200 000 km..this issues really piss me off and is an example of poor design or cheap parts.

Just get a 335i and be done with it
(Keep 500$ for a tune and downpipe)

when did the n55 engine been introduced? what are the commun issues with the car? and expected maintenance. ( for me repairs is not maintenance).

the 3G TL is impossible to find with Low KM. the G37 is definately in the top picks. newest you can find is year 2013. same for the 4G TL.
i'm asking abut the 335 which years are better. and are they really better? i don't want to pay 1000 for a radiator or fuel injectors that fail before 200 000 km..this issues really piss me off and is an example of poor design or cheap parts.

when did the n55 engine been introduced? what are the commun issues with the car? and expected maintenance. ( for me repairs is not maintenance).

Yeah, forget about a 3G TL-S if you want low km. There are a couple of 6MT 4G TL SH-AWD on kijiji right now but to be honest, they're pretty ugly.

If you go with a 6MT G sedan, keep in mind that that they only come in RWD as the X models are all AT.

If I'm not mistaken, the N55s are on the 2010+ 335i/xdrive. Major problems include HPFP failure, and wastegate rattles. N54's are apparently more mod friendly than N55's. IMO, the 09+ LCI models with the M-Tech kit are much better looking than those without.

I'm also in the same boat as you, coming from a 5th gen DE-K Maxima, to my current DD (08 3G TL), I'm looking to cross over to the dark side and get an N55 335 (M-Tech) or B8.5 S4 in the near future.

N55 ;m: got rid if the HPFP failures.

I have 85k on mine and only maintenance done outside of standard car maintenance (oil, brakes) is :
- coil packs
- water pump

Should be good for another 80k km now.

Back