2006 GS430 summer daily

jeeps005

I've been shopping since I sold my AE86. What I really wanted was a mk4 supra but I don't have the ~40k for a lhd tt so i am putting the project/dream on hold. I decided i would get a Fr-s instead but I couldnt get myself to pull the trigger. Main reason would be I dont really like the engine... Built by subaru, low power/torque, takes 91 oct, etc.. So I have been browsing randomly trying to find something else and I fell on a GS430 in Granby.

V8 4.3 300hp 325ft-lb
1700kg
Full equip
New timing belt/waterpump/idlers/tensionners

smzmmp.jpg

Wasn't sure about the color until I got there and saw it live. Fell in love and bought it.

Gonna fix a few things on monday: TPMS sensor, AFS sensor, exhaust leak, burnt headlight.. i will post more pics soon, thx for lookin :)

Very nice indeed! Any plans to VIP it? Just picked up a JDM roadboat myself over the weekend...

What did you get?? Sorry I didnt call you back that sunday for your Se-R. This GS completely changed my plans lol.

VIP? With all the new laws on tuned suspensions I dont think i wanna go down that road. If anything ill just do springs and spacers. I have some vinyl left overs I might do a color change if i'm in the mood this summer.

33eixee.png

What did you get?? Sorry I didnt call you back that sunday for your Se-R. This GS completely changed my plans lol.

VIP? With all the new laws on tuned suspensions I dont think i wanna go down that road. If anything ill just do springs and spacers. I have some vinyl left overs I might do a color change if i'm in the mood this summer.
Sold the SE-R on Thursday, picked up an 03 M45 on Saturday, too good of a deal to pass up!
Youre gonna have WAY better aftermarket support for your GS vs my M...

Love these cars. Can you fully defeat the TCS/VSC without modifications? I seem to remember this gen was when Toyota's electronic nannies started going overboard.

Good question! I havent had a chance to fully test it. I'm having issues fixing the TPMS and AFS sensors. Its been bugging me all week. Either I go to the dealer or I just leave them as is and deal with the light in my dash, I give up! lol

Nice buy OP! I was gonna buy one a few years back as well. These cars are boss

Sold the SE-R on Thursday, picked up an 03 M45 on Saturday, too good of a deal to pass up!
Youre gonna have WAY better aftermarket support for your GS vs my M...

Nice! We might be the only M's on the forum lol. Any plans on the M?

Last edited:
Nice buy OP! I was gonna buy one a few years back as well. These cars are boss

Nice! We might be the only M's on the forum lol. Any plans on the M?

Dont wanna hijack OPs thread, Ill be making one soon, but the only mods this season will be 350Z touring 18x8+30 polished wheels (picked up today) & getting the body back to mint condition (already close to it).

Ya this is my thread god dammit! lol j/k mi casa es su casa

Had to get a towing tonight. Car wouldnt start and was pissing gas :(

2yl02ef.jpg

Pulled up to my mechanic's @9pm and he was still open, pop it on the lift, fix the fuel line that was somehow disconnected, problem solved im outta there @9:15. No charge and he gives me a cold beer. I love this guy.

2nbtwxt.jpg

Damn, I need a mechanic like that. I kind of have a friend like that, but no lift :p

Glad you got it fixed quickly!

Back