Sell my condo, buyer's dryer breaks, wants to split costs?

portugz

Alright, so long story short:

Sold my condo (built in 2014)
Buyer plugs in his dryer, fries his dryer.
Calls me to let me know.
Repairs dryer & outlet, texts me to split costs.

My beef:
My dryer was plugged from the day I moved in (brand new dryer) to the day I moved out, never had a single issue.
Apparently wires were reversed in the outlet when the condo was built?

Opinions? Experiences?

Last edited:
Fack off, tell him you don't have a liability in this if he wants to present half is bill to someone he can call the electrician and prove the electrician was faulty in his installation. I wouldn't pay a dime if I were you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acquaint his facial features with the finger in between your index and ring finger

doesn't the developer have to carry home builders insurance for stuff like this?

Convenient that he had it repaired before you could possibly verify the fault.
Small chance he's trying to get you on the hook and next thing you know a series of things will be "breaking" and he'll be wanting you to pay for those to.

doesn't the developer have to carry home builders insurance for stuff like this?

Convenient that he had it repaired before you could possibly verify the fault.
Small chance he's trying to get you on the hook and next thing you know a series of things will be "breaking" and he'll be wanting you to pay for those to.

x2 envoie le chier. Y ses tiré dans le pied.

Dit lui que tu sors avec son ex et qu'en mettant ta graine dans sa snatche tu as pogner des bebittes et que tu voudrais splitter le bill des médicaments...

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Alright, so long story short:

Sold my condo (built in 2014)
Buyer plugs in his dryer, fries his dryer.
Calls me to let me know.
Repairs dryer & outlet, calls me to split costs.

My beef:
My dryer was plugged from the day I moved in (brand new dryer) to the day I moved out, never had a single issue.
Apparently wires were reversed in the outlet when the condo was built?

Opinions? Experiences?

Dryers are 240V. Does the phase matter? At any rate I'd want to see the outlet repair bill - detailed. It's fishy.

What a fucking cunt. Is this a joke or what?

-Si c'est une déficience d'installation, il doit y avoir une garantie de construction encore valide par l'entrepreneur du condo....
-Peu importe, envoie le chier, c'est carrément une perte de temps et d'énergie... Si tu veux niaiser un peu, demande un rapport d'ingénieur de fabriquant de la sécheuse qui diagnose la cause du bris 4thelol

Holy fuck, this thread delivers. I love MR. <3

He says the dryer repairman & the electrician say it was inversed wiring + have it written on the bills.
He was an already annoying buyer, so this doesn't surprise me. Legally, he fucked up, I'm aware of that. I just don't feel like going to petite creance over $225.

edit: dryer, not washer.

Last edited:
son ton buyer a acheter avec une bannière, et que ca fait moins de 1 an, il a une assurance de 1000$ pour un bris de goodies dans la maison. Ca payera pas sa secheuse défectueuse mais dapres moi il payerait la réparation faite par lelectricien.

I hate annoying buyers for any items. I've actually refused to sell to some people in the past based on first impressions.

dsl, la sécheuse.

sur une prise secheuse il y a 2 phases 120V 1 neutre 1 ground
faudrait etre epais pas mal pour inverser lors de l'installation de la boite le neutre ou le ground avec 1 phase 120v et le court-circuit sera instantane ou presque surtout que ca fait au moin 60 ans que les prises sont standard
possible d inverser les 2 phases 120V et la majorite des appareils ne verront pas la difference mais probablement que certains qui utilisent du 120V d une des phases pour alimenter des circuits de controle pourrait sauter un condensateur ou un transfo

Holy fuck, this thread delivers. I love MR. <3

He says the dryer repairman & the electrician say it was inversed wiring + have it written on the bills.
He was an already annoying buyer, so this doesn't surprise me. Legally, he fucked up, I'm aware of that. I just don't feel like going to petite creance over $225.

edit: dryer, not washer.

I'd be worried that if you give him the 225$ that he would come at you with more bills. Just ignore him and if it comes to it and you find yourself in court you can always settle before it even goes to court.

I call bs and lol at going to small claims for 200 bucks haha

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back