Mazda test drive at ICAR

alleq

For those who might be interested:

"This is it. Your chance to celebrate pure passion for driving and the thrill of testing Mazda vehicles on a closed course.

Starting with our all-new 2017 CX-5, you’ll find out how well it stacks up against a competitive SUV.
And our iconic roadster, the all-new 2017 MX-5 RF will be available to drive.

Test drives are available in one-hour time slots. Spots are limited and fill up quickly.

To sign up for the event, please start below."

Dates for Montreal are Friday to Sunday, May 26th-28th.

http://mazdacanadatestdrive.ca/fuelyourpassion/en/montreal/form

Let me guess, they will have a XV Crosstrek that by some miracle lost it's AWD capability and turn into a FWD when it goes against the CX5

I went the year they came with the ND. It was at the Blainville test circuit on a rainy morning. Quite a bit of fun!!

I registered this year too. Should be fun!

Just came back and honestly it was mad fun. it wasn't an extravagant event but it was well organized and the people there knew their shit. Some racers too.

I stopped going to these events unless I am wined and dined afterwards.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I went on Friday after work with my brother. What a f*cking blast. I'd do a soft top Miata anytime over much higher horsepower cars. In contrast, the added weight from the RF is definitely noticeable. It's still loads of fun, but the soft top MX-5 is the one to get.

The new CX-5 is really plush, but noticeably softer than the 1st gen, both in a good way and in a not so good way. Responsive as hell, but softer in the corners than I was hoping. They pinned it against the CR-V turbo on a little test course. Did anyone here feel like Mazda pulled the fuse on the Honda's AWD? :laugh: Pretty useless, honestly.

If Mazda can keep their lineup from rusting, I'll keep buying their sh!t, and I'll keep going to their test drives. Damn marketing department doing a good job...

Was at the Sunday morning session. Lots of people lining up for the manual mx-5s. The setup was disappointingly short to get a decent feel of the car, even though they gave us 2 laps. After my run in the mx5, I decided to have a go at the cx5 since everyone was waiting for a turn in the crv. Nothing interesting to report there. Overall, I'd say that it wasn't worth the drive from Montreal for a 1min drive on the track (mx5) and 30 sec drive with the cx5 although, the staff was professional and friendly, not trying to push Mazdas on us. I went to BMW's event a few years ago (E90 launch, they also had 1 series, A4, C classes and IS250) and we got to drive on a nicer layout and got to try a much larger variety of cars.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I went on Friday after work with my brother. What a f*cking blast. I'd do a soft top Miata anytime over much higher horsepower cars. In contrast, the added weight from the RF is definitely noticeable. It's still loads of fun, but the soft top MX-5 is the one to get.

The new CX-5 is really plush, but noticeably softer than the 1st gen, both in a good way and in a not so good way. Responsive as hell, but softer in the corners than I was hoping. They pinned it against the CR-V turbo on a little test course. Did anyone here feel like Mazda pulled the fuse on the Honda's AWD? Pretty useless, honestly.

If Mazda can keep their lineup from rusting, I'll keep buying their sh!t, and I'll keep going to their test drives. Damn marketing department doing a good job...
Seems like you didn't have a lot of people during your slot. Lucky you!

Seems like you didn't have a lot of people during your slot. Lucky you!

Yeah, 'cause Saturday morning 8-9am, we did 3 triens back to back with minimal wait. We should be sharing this kind of event more on the forum.

Yeah, 'cause Saturday morning 8-9am, we did 3 triens back to back with minimal wait. We should be sharing this kind of event more on the forum.
Definitely! I was still glad to have driven a miata for the first time of my life.

I stopped going to these events unless I am wined and dined afterwards.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

Back