Advices on 335i

Oryx80

Je regarde tranquillement pour mon prochain daily sachant que mon bail de cruze fini à l'hiver. La 335i xdrive n54 me tappe dans l'oeil solide. Mes autres choix étant la TL sh-awd, legacy spec B, et la g37x. La TL semble très bien, mais visuellement laide et pas de banc rabatable en arrière, la legacy bah j'ai un gout âmer depuis avoir dompé trop d'argent en réparation avec mes wrx, et la g37x m'allume pas trop.

Budget + ou - 15k, 300km de highway par semaine. La plupart dans mon range de prix ont environs 150 000kms, too much pour un daily? Côté problèmes on parle de quoi, combien les entretiens en moyenne? J'ai souvent entendu dire que faire la maintenance sur une BMW soit même était un criss de chiard, true? Si c'est pour être un money pit au même titre qu'un wrx/sti, no thx.

Éclairé moi svp, je connais zero la marque.

Last edited:
You have to buy a good condition and good service history car.

Bmws are generally the easiest car to work on if you DIY. So don't worry about that.

The issues will arise with carbon buildup, turbos and waste gates, unless previously taken care of.

Search bimmerforums for more information. I think it's a great car, that is much more reliable than an equivalent audi a4

Hpfp and injectors are prone to fail on the n54 engine.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

G37X est un bon bet si tu ne veux pas te casser la tête et que tu veux de la fiabilité et des coûts d'entretien bas.
TL-SH, extrêmement fiable mais laide effectivement et coût d'entretien bas.
335i, coup de dés mais les gens s'entendent que c'est environs 2000.00$ d'entretien par année en moyenne.
Subaru Legacy, je ne connais pas la fiabilité mais je crois que c'était dans les top de la fiabilité chez Subaru.

The non-lci for the most part can be money pits. Unless you find a really really good one which is rare. Carbon build up the least of the problems, intake valves need cleaning every 50k or so. I would be more concerned with oil leaks and turbo issues at that mileage. On early models lets say 07-08 the turbos will start leaking oil from visibly from the inlet side, worn waste gates will be very audible. Don't listen to people saying they can be adjusted and the problem is solved.. yea for about 5000kms until they start rattling again and tossing low boost psi codes. AWD system is okay, we are starting to see more and more transfer failures. Not actuators but the actual transfer cases along with front axle shafts failing.

Usual common issues including Vanos solenoids, cracked valve covers, leaking oil filter housing gasket, stuck injectors.

I'd go for an N52 powered 328xi

Figure 2000-3000$ per year in maintenance costs thats if you don't need to replace the turbos.

I have the same dilemma, the g37, the tl and the 335 are in the target. Currently g37 is number 1, tl is 2nd and 335 well too much of a money pit

The g37x is auto only. Hear things about laggy transmission shifts, watch out for timing tensioner problems. Besides that solid car. Too bad the tl is butt fuck ugly, because hondas are proven to be one ofthe best out there. As for the 335 a lot of people from that platform came over to the vq platform, and vice versa.

J'ai le même dilemme que toi présentement, budget d'environ 17k$ quand je vais vendre mon tdi à VW. Les TL semblent un bon compromis fiabilité/performance, j'ai l'impression qu'à prix égale tu as moins de kilo, probablement parce que le modèle ce fait vieux. Sinon je regarde les a3 13+ et les serie-3 f30 ,mais elles sont un peu over budget.

Thx pour les conseils. La 335i me semble un peu trop raide sur le porte feuille a mon gout. La 328xi pourrait etre un option mais j'ai l'impression que sa manque de ooomph... Bref peut-être que les test rides m'éclaireront d'avantages!

OP if ever you are in the west-island, you are more than welcome to try my 335.

https://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?904820-2007-335i

Wow thats one clean 335! Thank you for the offer but i'm more about the awd life! I guess for long term/reliability sake, I would be better serve with the 328xi!

As for a better and faster car at that price, like that Jag, let just say that reliability and maintenance bill is my priority and will come first, pleasure behind the wheel come right after.

Wow thats one clean 335! Thank you for the offer but i'm more about the awd life! I guess for long term/reliability sake, I would be better serve with the 328xi!

As for a better and faster car at that price, like that Jag, let just say that reliability and maintenance bill is my priority and will come first, pleasure behind the wheel come right after.
Je pense que son 335 est un Xdrive

Back