My experience with Momentum Motorsport

haha right. yeah he worked on my car in december. Im trying to explain the bmw alignment could required subframe adjustment, and Id like to understand it.

depuis que j'ai mon S6 , tout le monde qui ont toucher a l'alignement de mon char on juste essayer de tricher l'alignement pour arriver dans les spec et ca ma toujours fatiguer.

Une journée, je me suis tanné, j'ai été chez Alignement Garbis et je lui ai dit, je veux que tu déplace le subframe pour que mon camber soit égale des 2 coté.

Au départ c’était -1.6 coté chauffeur et -2.2 coté passager, au final -1.9 et -1.9.

Chaque place d'alignement vont vouloir faire le minimum pour un maximum de profit et Alignement Garbis a fait la même chose que tout les autres place ou j'ai été, même chez le dealer !

Y a fallu que je retourne chez Garbis et que je lui demande de bouger le subframe et de réaligner pour avoir un devant droit.

Je trouve ça dommage qui en a pas eu un seul qui ma proposer de le faire, sauf que la j'ai un alignement parfait :)

all I wanted to understand is why the wheels were like that and how it was fixable and why is so different form a ''normal'' car.

Anyway, //end of discussion , so far my E91 wheel status brings more frustration than anything else, and I don't get why, since its so objective.

I'll try to get my answer sometime soon
thanks

View attachment 42146

Sur l'image c'est 2mm de offset, c'est vraiment minime, tu as peut être pogner un bon trou ou tu as peut être des bushing de finit ?

C’est quoi a droite? Ca a l’air d un 4 wheel steering. Ca doit etre le fun de tourner

all I wanted to understand is why the wheels were like that and how it was fixable and why is so different form a ''normal'' car.

Anyway, //end of discussion , so far my E91 wheel status brings more frustration than anything else, and I don't get why, since its so objective.

I'll try to get my answer sometime soon
thanks

View attachment 42146

The printout is exaggerated.. I sent you a PM of a technical explanation. Outside of that I don't know what to tell you anymore but this is turning into a classic case of death spiral. I wish you the best

Hey guys, are you open sometimes on week-ends or during the week after 5 pm?

If not do you have a box where I can leave my keys?

We have a key drop box. Pretty rare we are in on weekends unless it's to catch up or work on our cars

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Le garage reste tu ouvert ou ça va aussi fermé ?
Pcq J'pense que je vais sortir la Mustang en Avril et j'ai kek chose a faire dessus.

EDIT: we will be back to business as usual as of April 15

Malheureusement nous sommes fermer jusqu'au 4 Mai.

Si vous avez des questions svp n'hesiter pas a me contacter

nick@mmsportmtl.com

Merci

Last edited:
We have to reschedule everyone that was in for the 13th and got pushed back to May 4th back to the original dates. Chalk one up for the gov..

Call Wednesday or email
Social Distancing measures are still in place

they just announced we can do tire changes starting in two days. You guys going to stay closed or ?

not urgent since my wife’s on maternity anyways but would like to know either way

Hey Bud,

Yes, we are back to business as usual as of April 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bah I’ll wait a bit then, you guys will have plenty on your plates. Her cars stored in garage anyways since I’m the only one that goes and comes.

Bah I’ll wait a bit then, you guys will have plenty on your plates. Her cars stored in garage anyways since I’m the only one that goes and comes.

I'll call you tomorrow, we are anxious to get back to work. :)

Any of you guys have had to replace steering racks on F10, F15, F85 cars? Known cause of clunking when car is stopped and floating car nose at highway speeds?
Getting them (BMW) to admit this ISN'T normal and having them replace the racks under warranty has been more or less difficult.
Other concern is the very small mileage at which the problems occur, hence the next one will probably happen out of warranty.

Have seen this on F10 but the repair is expensive as well so in 99% of cases people don't bother with the replacement. Early F30s sorta have the same issue. Don't bother trying to "adjust" the pinon.

F85s don't see them outside of normal maintence as most are still or just coming off warranty

Wouen bin j'pas chanceux,
j'ai été chez Momentum ajd (encore une fois) ,
j'ai eu un service impeccable , une job parfaite sur mon vieux bazou et calisse tsé quand ça va mal ....
Bin ça m'a couté moins cher que l'estimé que Nick avait fait.

Merci encore une fois Nick et Andrew.

Sincèrement.

Stéphane

Wouen bin j'pas chanceux,
j'ai été chez Momentum ajd (encore une fois) ,
j'ai eu un service impeccable , une job parfaite sur mon vieux bazou et calisse tsé quand ça va mal ....
Bin ça m'a couté moins cher que l'estimé que Nick avait fait.

Merci encore une fois Nick et Andrew.

Sincèrement.

Stéphane

Hahahaa....toujour un plaisir stephane :)

Back