My 2005 Athens Blue G35

Trupower Distribution

This will be a pretty basic thread. Updates won't be weekly, but every once in a while. So this is Blu, my 05 g35 revup coupe. I bought the car last August with 136 000km's car was in an accident in Ontario, no air bags popped, just had front right damage. Since i've had the car it's been nothing but bad luck, but i like challenges. When i bought the car it came with some terrible offset rims.
This is the day i picked it up.
So decided it was time to give it something a little bit more decent, picked up some rtx stag 18x8.5 all around, i wasn't very sure if the gold would look good, but i was pleased with the final result. So on to a couple months later, the car has test pipes and an intake. Not really in to camber gang so decided to get some camber arms, installed them last week, for the fuck of it i actually added more camber and drove like that for a day, and then added more positive camber, next week the car is going in for an alignment. Reason why i waited, because yesterday i brought the car in the shop and decided it was time to install my energy suspension polyeurathane bushings. Yes there is rust, it's a daily. I can take constructive criticism, leave the bashing for offtopic. Future plans are, plenum spacer, de non revup lower plenum, for better air flow in both front cylinders, and a tune to get maximum hp out of it. Not sure why i can't insert photos where i would like to anymore.
4469a9a9a280cf06e123a2b79241eba1.jpg
6916ab8e6f937a625a62fddf900f75b6.jpg
8009bf16d05b8145f4fe92c3c4079fc4.jpg
19be3dae89c20ce9cc8f770b4c5491aa.jpg
f39cc23151c17fd73f42f344821ae626.jpg
06ab81b9c949a22a8b40c7bef7ee725f.jpg
c565ed1e8845a957ad843678c6bd3fe4.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I love those cars, good luck with the project👍

Envoyé de mon LG-H812 en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks, but i won't really call it a project especially at the moment. I would love to get akebono brakes, give it a whole make over, the budget is just not there. Who knows what the future holds though.

Nice car color man, I like the rims color, it suits the car really well.

Keep up the good work, I always had long term projects going on, it looks like this is gonna be your case too....!

Nice car color man, I like the rims color, it suits the car really well.

Keep up the good work, I always had long term projects going on, it looks like this is gonna be your case too....!
Thank you for the kind words. We all know cars have no limits, besides going forced induction on this platform, the most extra power i'll ever get is about 15 to 20 with every available bolt on. What i really want to do is to clean it up, esthetic wise. The winter hurt the car bad, also the paint job was not so great.

Is that your daily drive? Those cars come with brembo brakes sometimes maybe this upgrade is easy for you!

Is that your daily drive? Those cars come with brembo brakes sometimes maybe this upgrade is easy for you!
Yes it is my daily, only 03 04 6mt came with the brembo kit. 05 06 and some 07 6mt's came with the more powerful motor. You'd figure we would have good stopping power to, they stopped with brembo's and gave akebonos on the g37s and 370z

Thank you for the kind words. We all know cars have no limits, besides going forced induction on this platform, the most extra power i'll ever get is about 15 to 20 with every available bolt on. What i really want to do is to clean it up, esthetic wise. The winter hurt the car bad, also the paint job was not so great.

Most of the work done to my own cars have nothing to do with engine power, mostly around braking, suspension, tires, maintenance and esthetics

With the fact that you don't drag race or do crazy highway pull every 2 seconds, I would also concentrate my effort on suspension mods/handling/braking. I'm leaning that way on the golf R and I enjoy it much more vs straight line.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

My brakes arent bad, i have the sport pack, good ceramic pads. Just will be happy once this suspension is put back together, i drive on crappy tires though. If you followed my chinese tire post... I want to drive it and see it around corners. Highway pulls are fun but only for a matter of time. I have all my points and would like to keep it that way.

Encore une fois, vraiment beau combo !

Une g35 coupé a été très longtemps ''mon prochain char''.

Fucking réalité de vie qui changent.

more details?
Hydroplaned on a street the city had openend a fire hydrant no signs on the road to tell you. I get around the bend, drop from 3rd to 2nd wheel spins from no contact and shoots me across the road to oncoming traffic. I manage to straighten out the car, but it was to late, i jumped a sidewalk. I wasn't the only one it happened to. Snow came flying off a truck, smashed my front bumper, lost my reflector.

Update on the car. It's still on the lift at work. Tried 2 different balljoints, one fits, but not enough thread to put in the cotter pin, tried a moog one doesn't fot at all. This is what it looks like since Saturday morning.
0dc8f52977b1603957be0addd7b8400e.jpg

Like I said previously. Nice ride

-Get her back on the street
-Invest on handling and brakes
It's in the process hopefully getting it ready tomorrow. If these balljoints don't fit, then im going to have to get the knuckles and replace the whole thing. Personalized plate :)
79bc8c5b8769e1d75bb6f8edde10bd0f.jpg

So it's finally off the lift, wow what a big difference these bushings made. I forgot to mention im lowered on Eibach sportline and Tokico shocks. Cleaned up my subframe, here's what the compression rod bushing looks like.
76362a9d48d58334486a099978982082.jpg

50ffce4f0795f3cc241f26d2a1e478aa.jpg

And that's how it looks as of an hour. Can't wait to get some roads where i can get it around corners and push it a little bit. Next on the list plenum spacer. Will update.

Glad I could help to make your car feel more special!

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Back