Question about a sale price for a 97 328i

SolTNutz

I decided to sell my 97 328i sedan. The body is in excellent shape with very little surface rust just on the top of the back wheel wells ( about the size of a finger nail under the paint ), the paint is superb. It has a crack in the windshield and the drivers window needs adjustment ( just installed a new window assembly and not quite lined up right ). The interior is cloth but the two front seats need to be redone or swapped out but the rest is very good. Car is lowered 1.5" also, never winter driven the past 12 years ( 3 from me and 9 from previous owner )
The motor has been redone awhile ago, M50 intake, M3 cams, header, 3" exhaust, chipped, electric fan. The air conditioning was taken out by the previous owner. it has a manual transmission and the driveshafts were recently redone, drivetrain is in great shape and pulls very well.
I have the 240sx for a fun car and a Subaru for a daily driver and this sits in my driveway most of the time ( I have not taken the plate suspension off yet from the winter )
What would be a reasonable asking price? This will be sold out of Drummondville.

18157286_10155245848446823_8455092895356199927_n.jpg

The side window tints were removed last year.

I am putting it in the paper for 3K and see what happens, there are some 4K ones for sale in the Autotrader. The ones for 1K are automatic which drops the price down.
No better pics now, will have some when I clean it up. I can probably part it out and make more than 1K, also seen the rust buckets going for $1,800.00

If the car is in good driving condition, you will get a lot less out of it in money when selling as opposed to value when keeping it and driving.
These things are prone to rust and sell for very cheap unfortunately.

It has just over 200,000 Km, car is solid it is just that I do not need 3 cars, the BMW was an experiment that did not pull through ( I was going to add a AA supercharger and exhaust ), decided to go big on the 240sx new turbo and redo the suspension instead. The BMW is solid and drives well, get many compliments on the body plus it will keep up with a new 328i ( previous owner had it dyno tuned at VAG and RWHP was 256 4 yrs ago.. Not bad for a 20 yr old car. If I do not get 3k I will probably store it somewhere until I can afford the supercharger, may even LS the car. the cost would be about the same, not an issue if it is not sold.

Wouldn't pay more than 2k for a car with that mileage. No matter the body condition.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Lol LS investment in a 1000$ car.. save your money and do something else, when you wil actually have that money.

It has just over 200,000 Km, car is solid it is just that I do not need 3 cars, the BMW was an experiment that did not pull through ( I was going to add a AA supercharger and exhaust ), decided to go big on the 240sx new turbo and redo the suspension instead. The BMW is solid and drives well, get many compliments on the body plus it will keep up with a new 328i ( previous owner had it dyno tuned at VAG and RWHP was 256 4 yrs ago.. Not bad for a 20 yr old car. If I do not get 3k I will probably store it somewhere until I can afford the supercharger, may even LS the car. the cost would be about the same, not an issue if it is not sold.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I highly doubt the 256whp, my m3 made 245whp with thousands in mods.

J'ai un s52 full bolt-on avec des cams shricks, maf 3.5, injecteurs plus gros, m50 intake, shorty turner, aa track pipe, j,ai meme pas 245 rwhp....j'en repares des e36 et elles passent tous a l'inspection de la saaq et habituellement elles se vendent entre 3000$ et 5000$. Rien a faire dessus et l'a/c fonctionnent.un moteur s52 stock a de la misere a faire 195 rwhp. Ton m52 avec ton intake m50 et des cams de m3 a 256rwhp????

Long tube headers or short ?

With those Mods I would put it at ~200 -210 rwhp.
Hopefully the tune used is for cams and intake to retain good torque.

Dependant on the suspension and engine compression , this may be a good base for a track car.

Stick in a LSD 3.91 and now you will have many surprised.

You dont need power , these cars own the curves! :p

The compression and leakdown came back excellent, the car is in excellent condition except for the front seats. I do not really care what a car Km is if all works well. The HP claims from the previous owner , he is a brother inlaw and had the car for 11 years, I had no reason to doubt him but I am not an expert on what parts boost what HP, I assumed the AA chip assisted a lot. I never expected a smallish turbo on a KA24DE could give 285 RWHP and 300 Torque either ( that was not max ). I like the E-36 styling, it handles like a charm, solid on the hwy no wind noise with good passing power. As for the LSD 3.91 it has been recommended to me before.
If I do not get 3K it will not be sold as it is a good car, it will be put in storage until I decide what to do with it. I really do like sleepers hence the reason I picked a sedan.

http://www.autotrader.ca/cars/bmw/3...ed&hprc=True&wcp=True&inMarket=advancedSearch

Not saying these guys will get their asking price but mine is in the same shape as the 318i at least plus mine is a 328 modified and a manual. As I said Km means nothing to me if a leakdown and compression test are excellent. As for the convertible I would not buy one for any price, personal preference.

Back