New Daily - Genesis Sedan inside

T5shortblock

Hey folks,

I sold my 2003 IS300 2 weeks ago and picked up this 2012 Genesis 3.8 base yesterday. Really happy with the car, only 65,000km, 1 owner, drives so smooth. Great family hauler!

So many fancy things even if it is a base, tilt mirrors to reverse, steering wheel retracts when I shut off the car to help the beer belly get out, blue tooth in the speakers etc.

I've added a roof rack already as I'm a car/bike commuter, I have a yakima wind deflector on order as the wind noise is minimal at 120 but noticeable.

I have a rear trunk lid genesis emblem on order and removed the dealer sticker on the trunk. I eventually want to order the Korean spec air bag to have the OEM genesis emblem on the steering wheel.

Aside from that I negotiated some mint Continental used winter tires with the car that will go on those 17inch wheels in a few months, I'll sell the all seasons it came with and would like to get a set of 19inch wheels for that OEM+ look.

A few picks :

wen I picked it up at the dealer yesterday.

IMG_20170517_132732_zpsw99n0zjs.jpg

IMG_20170517_191952_zpslwlegf5e.jpg

IMG_20170518_055028_zpsceyi7z6b.jpg

It was an ontario car so it has the front plate support which is screwed in the bumper, until I fix the holes, I added an old quebec plate from the 70s that my Grand pa handed down to me. I like that it's green, it gives the ''independent senator from vermont'' look to the car. lol

IMG_20170518_060557_zps9b94w7eh.jpg

I'd like to have your inputs and suggestion as pr available wheels choices for this platform, what you've seen, what you'd do if it were your car. Not a tone of genesis sedan inspiration out there, please share your favorite genesis sedan picks.

here are mine:

IMG_2176_2_zpsarpb7kje.jpg

What I'll probably end up doing, if I can find some sedan R spec wheels

image_zpsjifgywnl.jpg

GENESIS%20SEDAN%20FampB%20BodykitSpoiler%20SET%208_zpsylxdl60d.jpg

Photo2_zps42tgzxnv.jpg

Nice car congrats! These are awesome highway cruisers. As for wheels I'd go with a cross spoke 2 piece wheel with polished lip and light charcoal face, would work nicely with the color combo you have.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

feel free to share some pics of what you have in mind, one thing to keep in mind is that I'm not planning on lowering the car anytime soon, so something with an OEM look and OEM tire sizes is what I'll be going for.

OEM Genesis 19inch wheel and tire specs:

235/45R19 8Jx19 ET39 5x114.3
245/45R19 8.5Jx19 ET32 5x114.3

Ya fast ou dai qui font une replique aussi cest un exemple du style qui, jtrouve, fit bien sur une berline au style sobre comme le genesis

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That is an amazing car, don't let any Hyundai hater tell you different. I know someone who has had one for 4 years, the only thing he has changed were his brakes, and of course oil changes. He drives the shit out of that car too.

Djjjjuuu!

Je trouve que les 5 double spoke style a la mercedes lui donne de la gueule! Ca ressemble à une Benz, n'importe quoi qui look bien sur une Benz serait winner je pense.

Nice car!
I'm not a fan of Hyundai but this model is the only one I actually find nice.
Not sure about that old front plate though?!
For the wheels depending on the bolt pattern I'd actually look at other manufacturers oem wheels instead of aftermarkets...Someone mentioned Benz wheels which would look nice, not sure if the bolt pattern works though...
Don't go too small, 19's would be perfect.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Tu a payé combien sans être indiscret?

It's a tone of car for the money, it was priced at 15,750, I brought it down to 14,899 with continental winters in very good shape. After the safety they gave me another 400$ off because it was missing the rear headrest, they did not want to buy new ones, and said they could not know who the original owner was because it was bought at auction.

When I was looking in the glove compartment 2 days ago I noticed a hawksbury hyundai key chain, I gave them a call the next morning with the vin, they have the full maintenance history of the car, and called the previous owner for me to see if he had the headrests, he does! He called me this afternoon and I can come pick them up this w-e, #winning! lmao

So 14,499 with continental winter tires that are good for 3 winters easy!

That is an amazing car, don't let any Hyundai hater tell you different. I know someone who has had one for 4 years, the only thing he has changed were his brakes, and of course oil changes. He drives the shit out of that car too.

could not agree more, 500 million invested in the development of this car, it is Hyundai's LS400, lauched 20 years after Lexus. A very undervalued car, IMHO!

Also, Genesis is now a brand since 2015. They went with a bit of a different strategy than Lexus, they introduced a flagship to show the world how good it was before launching the brand to go with it.

Nice car!
I'm not a fan of Hyundai but this model is the only one I actually find nice.
Not sure about that old front plate though?!
For the wheels depending on the bolt pattern I'd actually look at other manufacturers oem wheels instead of aftermarkets...Someone mentioned Benz wheels which would look nice, not sure if the bolt pattern works though...
Don't go too small, 19's would be perfect.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I like the OEM look, that's what I hope to find in this discussion, those random OEM wheels that would be a perfect fit for this car.

The wheel specs are 5x114.3 with a 67.1mm center bore.

It's a tone of car for the money, it was priced at 15,750, I brought it down to 14,899 with continental winters in very good shape. After the safety they gave me another 400$ off because it was missing the rear headrest, they did not want to buy new ones, and said they could not know who the original owner was because it was bought at auction.

When I was looking in the glove compartment 2 days ago I noticed a hawksbury hyundai key chain, I gave them a call the next morning with the vin, they have the full maintenance history of the car, and called the previous owner for me to see if he had the headrests, he does! He called me this afternoon and I can come pick them up this w-e, #winning! lmao

Great deal! :D

Good price. I'd buy it !

Back