2017 Honda Civic Type R sets Nurburgring record

Sustain26

Banned
2017 Honda Civic Type R sets Nurburgring record

"...Published on Apr 24, 2017
Honda's upcoming Civic Type R hot hatch has snatched back the fastest front-wheel drive crown at the infamous Nurburgring Nordschleife after clocking a lap time of 7:43.80 – 5.41 seconds faster than the previous Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport S title holder..."

Honda affirme qu'il possède un awd assez avancé, pourquoi pas la mettre dans cette Type R afin de pouvoir compétitionner contre la focus RS et la golf R ?

Le record de battre un temps sur le ring avec un FWD c'est sans intéret :(

La focus rs fait 8:06 sur le ring. Pourquoi convertir awd et la ralentir si le but est d'être le plus rapide possible.

C'est pas comme si la compétition était féroce dans le FWD....

Pour le AWD, avec la rapidité du circuit et la puissance de la Type R, la traction intégrale serait plus une nuisance coté poids que bénéfique sur la traction.

en plus, la tranny manuelle supporte le pilote plus qu'une auto ou hybride-auto - ça lui donne plus d'opportunités d'améliorer les temps

C'est pas comme si la compétition était féroce dans le FWD....

Pour le AWD, avec la rapidité du circuit et la puissance de la Type R, la traction intégrale serait plus une nuisance coté poids que bénéfique sur la traction.

en plus, la tranny manuelle supporte le pilote plus qu'une auto ou hybride-auto - ça lui donne plus d'opportunités d'améliorer les temps
Modern cars are getting so fast/ are fast that a manual trans is a hindrance and possible safety hazard having to take one hand off the wheel at the track. The beauty about modern gearboxes is that they upshift and down shift perfectly 100% of the time every time. Over the course of a run it will be much faster... There is a reason why people who build Cayman racecars are switching to PDK...

My next car will have a dual clutch gearbox for sure

Modern cars are getting so fast/ are fast that a manual trans is a hindrance and possible safety hazard having to take one hand off the wheel at the track. The beauty about modern gearboxes is that they upshift and down shift perfectly 100% of the time every time. Over the course of a run it will be much faster... There is a reason why people who build Cayman racecars are switching to PDK...

This
Les nouvelles trans auto sont très performante. Celle de mon pickup va même jusque rev matcher comme un pro en downshift.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Honda affirme qu'il possède un awd assez avancé, pourquoi pas la mettre dans cette Type R afin de pouvoir compétitionner contre la focus RS et la golf R ?

Le record de battre un temps sur le ring avec un FWD c'est sans intéret :(
pourquoi faire un awd trop lourd et lent quand tu peux faire un fwd plus rapide et plus efficace ?

Envoyé de mon XT1650 en utilisant Tapatalk

I can guarantee that people who daily an RS will be much happier commuting in it then ppl who commute in a TypeR.

Not my favourite auto journalist, but...
"...But the truth of the matter is that an authentic sports car really does need a manual transmission."

http://driving.ca/jaguar/reviews/road-test/car-review-2016-jaguar-f-type-s-coupe

don't guarantee things you can't deliver.

Talking of delevery you got yours?

And please tell me more... In what aspect of life a 300HP FWD car is better in Quebec daily commute then a AWD? Loved every aspect of my old Focus ST but damn I hated it in winter.

Modern cars are getting so fast/ are fast that a manual trans is a hindrance and possible safety hazard having to take one hand off the wheel at the track. The beauty about modern gearboxes is that they upshift and down shift perfectly 100% of the time every time. Over the course of a run it will be much faster...

Oui les nouvelles transmissions sont tres rapide mais le vrai plaisir de conduire une auto sport est avec un stick et une clutch, de toute manière la plupart d'entre nous font pas de track, alors d'etre plus rapide de 0,84 sec sur un tour change rien dans la vie réel de tout les jours.

Talking of delevery you got yours?

And please tell me more... In what aspect of life a 300HP FWD car is better in Quebec daily commute then a AWD? Loved every aspect of my old Focus ST but damn I hated it in winter.

Bingo, my ST is a challenge sometimes, and thats in the rain with warm temps :p, granted I'm running the stock eagle F1 summers, not to mention you will be a cop magnet driving the TypeR around, a lot more so then with a focus RS.

Back