RIP Nicky Hayden #69 - 1981-2017

Dibbs

For those who follow MotoGP and WSBK, Nicky Hayden, the "Kentucky Kid" has passed today following a cycling accident in Italy last week.

From my perspective, I think that Nicky was a real gentleman and an all-around very well liked guy on and off the track and paddocks.

Some may remember that he's won the MotoGP title in 2006 with Honda, on the final race of the season in Valencia. Some others may remember him from his years at Ducati, when he was Casey Stoner's and then Rossi's team mate.

It is very sad to see him pass. His passing also marks an end to north american racers in the top classes of motorcycle racing.

RIP Nicky Hayden #69

--

Nicky Hayden giving Rossi a ride back to the paddock in Laguna Seca after Rossi fell in the corkscrew during practice
Nicky-Hayden-WithRossi-120729R530.jpg

At Laguna Seca
nicky_flag.jpg

On his WSBK bike with Red Bull Honda
2017_Nicky_Hayden_Road_Accident_5-768x512.jpg

Last Year at Philip Island
mm_nh_phillip_island_friday_honda.jpg

Last edited:
When SuperSic passed away that was a tough pill to swallow, this one is equally as bad. I grew up watching Nicky progress all the way to a Moto GP champ, seeing shit like this happen just goes to show how precious life really is and how it can be taken away so fast.

Back