Stomped - wanting to make a slideshow on Chromecast

lord_galathon

I'd like to put up a slideshow on the Chromecast, could be a web-app or just a "website" with images loaded into it that would change the image every 30~45 seconds and cast that to the device.

Thing is anything I've found so far blows chunks. Anyone have any ideas?

I even tried looking for some kind of Wordpress plugin to no avail.

Seems to me this should be one of the first things anyone would do with a Chromecast no?

1- Upload your pictures to Google photos
2- create an album in Google photos
3-go to google home app and chromecast backdropsettings.
Enable slideshow and chose the album you wanna include in it.
Change the settings to have them change every xyz seconds.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6080931?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

I've been using that method for a few weeks and although technically it works, they put a dithering overlay on the photos which messes everything up making the bottom part unreadable.

I'm looking for something like they use at Tim Horton's or any of those places with their fast food menu on tv screens.

It really shouldn't be this difficult to achieve. I'll keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tu pourrais mettre un fullscreen slideshow plugin dans ton Google chrome pis sinplement caster ton tab.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fullscreen-slideshow/ckciegopcnnpagdmgjadmhjkocchicji

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Je l'ai essaye, le trouble c'est le timing des slides, elles changent trop rapidement oubenon elles "collent" 5 minutes chacune et ce, peu importe ce que je mets dans le dialog box au depart.

En realite je me demande si je serais pas mieux de juste aller voir une firme de marketing pour ce genre de systeme, ca se peut pas que ce soit si difficile que ca.

On a un système pro au bureau mais juste la box cest 1400$

Nous on fait affaire avec Industry Weapon.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Shit non. Je suis mega-low budget - on a voulu remplacer le pegboard dans la cafeteria avec une TV avec des slides et on m'a donne 500$ de budget. J'ai literallement achete une 42" sur kijiji avec un rackmount pour 150$ et le chromecast.

Techniquement le google photos cast to slideshow fonctionne bien mais le dithering en bas de l'ecran y gosse.

Pour repondre a ta premiere question - j'ai acces a android et PC pour manager les slides.

Back