Tuning spots and such

Tofreedom!

Hey guys i own a 1990 mx5 and I need your help. I have a 1.8 engine and a full turbo kit. I am looking for a place that would do the swap and the turbo tuning all at once. If you guys have someone in mind who does a good job at a reasonable price, I would love to hear from you. If you guys have anyone i should avoid please tell me as well.

If i am in the wrong section i am sorry in advance.
Thank you guys

Best regards.

I’d like to add DynoDOc wanted 1000 for the tuning and 1500 for turbo installation. That’s the minimum they quoted me.

I’d like to add DynoDOc wanted 1000 for the tuning and 1500 for turbo installation. That’s the minimum they quoted me.

I went to Partick Dumont for my tune, he quoted $500 if all went well and nothing had to be done except hookup and tune, the tune ended up costing $850 tax included as he needed to do a couple of other things before he was able to start. I had my first dyno tune at Nistune near Quebec, complete scam artists and cost near $2,000 after all the BS I went through.
Just my opinion but a min $1,000 for a tune is outrageous, it takes about 1.5 hrs if just a tune is required.
For the turbo install $1,500 should include intercooler as well. I hate it when they say min charge, you can be guaranteed that it will cost more. In Drummondville we have a fabricating wizard and he only charges $65 a hour, he is efficient and knows what he is doing. Yan Otis, has done many outrageous swaps and turbo installs.

Back