A/C shop to flush lines?

TheCanadian

I'm about to install A/C in my car - I've got all the parts outside the car and I want to get it flushed but I have no idea where to go. I was planning to go to the dealer to get it filled properly but I doubt they will flush individulal components.

Any tips are appreciated :)

(I'm only flushing the lines - not the evaporator or condenser)

in reality no one will touch it if it has sealant in it (especially those cans from canadian tire) because it will contaminate their machine and tank.

if it has sealant, find someone who has an old A/C machine and maybe they'll fill it for you.

there's no such thing as a "flush" its empty, it gets pressure tested with nitrogen, if theres no leaks, it gets filled with R134A. If it has a blockage or something that part will need to be replaced.

in reality no one will touch it if it has sealant in it (especially those cans from canadian tire) because it will contaminate their machine and tank.

if it has sealant, find someone who has an old A/C machine and maybe they'll fill it for you.

there's no such thing as a "flush" its empty, it gets pressure tested with nitrogen, if theres no leaks, it gets filled with R134A. If it has a blockage or something that part will need to be replaced.

Really?

I've got the individual pieces right now outside the car - I've heard of places flushing the lines to get rid of old oil leftover (from the compressor) in the lines.
When I install it I'm putting new o-rings everywhere. Car has no parts on it ....yet :D

I wanted to get this done, but it seems like a non existent service in Quebec... So I had no choice but to just "contaminate" my new compressor...

Most people (such as Matt01 up here) don't even know of the existence of this procedure.

I wanted to get this done, but it seems like a non existent service in Quebec... So I had no choice but to just "contaminate" my new compressor...

Most people (such as Matt 01 up here) don't even know of the existence of this procedure.

I bought the entire kit used so it should be uniformly contaminated. I guess I will just assemble it then and get it recharged and hope for the best !

Thanks for the post

Back