Iceland

xfalcon

Bought tickets for November.

Who went? What are cool place to see? Is renting a car a must?

Just starting to see what's up there. Any recommendation welcome.

Thanks

My friend just came back, car is a must and your wallet too. He loved everything about it but there is no way you can't go cheap with that destination. I will ask him about some must see but he sure told me the road are aaaaaamazing!

Hope you have enough people to fill up a car, shit ain't cheap.

Also November is late in the season, so research whether things will even be accessible. Some of the interior roads close in the winter.

I was there last November. Was in Reykjavik. Weather was 0 degrees. Wasn't too cold. Renting a car was cheaper than taking bus/taxi's. That's pretty much it though, everything else is expensive! I think renting is a car is a must. I'm so glad we did, since we were able to go wherever we want, when we want. I did the Blue Lagoon, which I enjoyed. It's your typical tourist spot, tons of people, but was worth it. Drove to the trail of sigridur and gullfoss, awesome views! Roads in general were amazing, so smooth. Pulled over quite a bit to take nice pictures. Visited some geysirs which was cool too. Overall, best scenery I've ever seen in my life in person. Truly breathtaking. With WOW Air, flights are so cheap, easily can go for a few days. I'm already planning on going back. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Expect to pay 50$ EACH meal in CDN. Its just dumb how its expensive. Truck is a must, car aint worth shit if you go in mountains. I've seen a bit of stuff there but it looks like the fkn moon to me lol.

Expect to pay 50$ EACH meal in CDN. Its just dumb how its expensive. Truck is a must, car aint worth shit if you go in mountains. I've seen a bit of stuff there but it looks like the fkn moon to me lol.

This. Food + restaurants are expensive. But the trip is so worth it, one of my next place.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livi...1=Canada&country2=Iceland&displayCurrency=CAD

As a reference, McDo trio is 20$ CAD.

Tout est 75-200% plus cher qu'ici, mais les salaires seulement 33%...

^^ there is no Mcdo in Iceland.

Was there a month ago for 2 weeks. Business trip but traveled 6 days with my GF.

Rent a car is a must. I had a nice Skoda wagon brand new but it ain't cheap. Don't stay too long in Reykjavik you're gonna see everything in a short time.

You can first do the Golden Circle (Google it), you'll see nice waterfalls (Gulfoss) and Geysers (Geysir). You can also go to the Secret Lagoon on the Golden Circle which is nice and less touristic than the famous Blue Lagoon (really not worth it for the price, keep in mind the Blue Lagoon is an Artificial lagoon). Expect half a day (6hr) to do the golden circle.

If you want to see some very nice landscape near the ocean, with black sand, go to Vík. You will be able to go see some glaciers by the meantime. There is a really nice "rocher percé" there, nicer than the one in Gaspesie. Expect a full day if you go there from Reykjavik.

There after you can go through the Snaefellsnes peninsula. Expect a full day (12hr). You will be able to see some very nice landscape, glacier, volcano, old abandoned churches, lava tubes to visit (Google it) and see the most pictured mountain of Iceland.

For example some prices in CAD:
Night in a standard hotel 350$
Breakfast buffet 42$
Local draft beer 12$
Bus from airport to Reykjavik 40$
Taxi from airport to Reykjavik 200$
Full gas tank of regular car 110$
Footlong subway meal 25$

Definitely worth it, will for sure go back and visit the north/East of the island when I have more time. I also went to Greenland but don't go there lol.

If you have questions Pm me!
5ec4d3e90792e2457cd428f346b674e3.jpg
d8686372a136e1ce64bfed5627d9966a.jpg
8ad7daa6f1fa1a201f64fae638a0557c.jpg
cc8fbbb00131fd161e76a73b0fe52561.jpg
692e27c14ac81c40695752fdf0260481.jpg
9ae19e00d5ef786e503baa905c20e478.jpg
44118f52a371ea1bd08c7b272ef14328.jpg
aaa381d2c0d99ef70911d62aa555d4d8.jpg
70fcda313fd1a2eebae7825a783ca4fd.jpg
da978934721a001279ee8883e208a63e.jpg
9175577986d5a3bd76f64d8e43017c69.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

You've got to be smart if you plan on having beer or alcohol load up at the duty-free before leaving the airport. It's significantly cheaper than in Reykjavik, all the locals head straight there. Some common sense stuff also, like doing groceries instead of eating out every meal. Do you really need to be buying breakfast at $20+ a pop every morning?

Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls. Rocks and rocks and waterfalls.

Thanks all for the response, I really appreciate.

Looks like a lot more people went to Iceland than I expected, even though the prices there are stupid high.

Truck > Car in Iceland? First time I hear to get a truck and not a car. Also, not planning to do any trail/offroad.

Thanks all

Looks like a lot more people went to Iceland than I expected, even though the prices there are stupid high.

Truck > Car in Iceland? First time I hear to get a truck and not a car. Also, not planning to do any trail/offroad.

Thanks all
You don't necessarily need a truck to visit most of places (the places I went didn't required a truck). You can find a road map which shows which roads are off-road and need a truck in car rental places, but it's mostly roads in the center of the island. But I would suggest a larger car than a Yaris because some spots require to climb a bit high. That's what I had and it was alright :
4bf125eef3380009408710abae2796f8.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks all

Iceland is not a remote and exotic location as it was once was. Since Wowair started offering cheap direct flights a few years ago, it has become an immensely popular destination for north Americans. Literally everyone is going or has been.

Prices for anything tourist related, has also since skyrocketed. Hotel rooms, car rentals, restaurants, spas, tours, etc, were already expensive, now even more so, pretty much offsetting any price savings the cheaper Wowair flights provide.

I'm glad I went when plane tickets were three times as expensive with a layover in Europe, and when there were literally no tourists that left the golden circle from November to April.

That being said, Iceland is fucking awesome and going in November is a great time, as summertime the whole place is overrun with tourists. I rented an SUV with studded 35's, but I did some pretty serious offroading, and the in the winter, the weather can become hardcore. I once had to pull off the highway and just parked and waited for 6 hours while a massive storm passed. Everyone else who stayed on the highway got blown off the roads, it was like Armageddon, there were hundreds of cars blown off the roads when the storm has cleared. So trust you but when things start getting hairy and always check weather updates and use their weather APP before driving any long distances...

Prices for anything tourist related, has also since skyrocketed. Hotel rooms, car rentals, restaurants, spas, tours, etc, were already expensive, now even more so, pretty much offsetting any price savings the cheaper Wowair flights provide.

As a result, the FX skyrocketed too since 2009 which resulted as a much more expensive for canadians and other countries to go there :
cad to isk.jpg
1 CAD in 2013 = 130 ISK
1 CAD in 2017 = 74 ISK

I went in july 2011. Cheapjeep was the cheapest car rental. Got a 10year old Nissan Micra for about 500$/week. We did the whole Ring Road in 12 days.

Ceux qui sont allés, vous avez loué vos 4x4 de où? On me dit que les prix varient grandement selon les grand locateurs et les plus petits dans la ville...

Merci.

Ceux qui sont allés, vous avez loué vos 4x4 de où? On me dit que les prix varient grandement selon les grand locateurs et les plus petits dans la ville...

Merci.

Quand je loue en europe, je passe pratiquement toujours par carigami.fr

What i want to know : how are the girls/women ...nice/cute/friendly/open/closed ?

Back