oil Consumption on B8 S4

Making your oil changes sooner than recommended wont solve your problem......trust me.

I got the same issue as you when I bought my 2011 Q5 (2.0 TFSI) at 99,000 kms..was burning 1L / 750-800 kms which was above Audi Standards.

I knew when I bought the car that the 2010 - 2012 model years were problematic for oil consumption so I bought a 2800$ extended warranty (PPP), good for an additional 100,000 kms/5 years.

2 weeks after I got the car, I brought it to Lauzon and they performed the engine fix (6500$ total). Don't need to tell you I was so happy I got the warranty...!!!

Your V6 s/c probably suffer the same problem. It runs strong and performs normally despite the oil consumption but, it's still annoying to add oil at such low intervals...I'm 99% sure that you need an engine rebuilt like mine...and it should cost fairly the same.

Find a good dealer that you trust and make arrangement with them. Audi Canada is aware of the problematic and can arrange to split the fees between you and them so it doesn't hurt too much...

Oh, and since i got the engine rebuilt (80,000 kms ago), it doesn't even drop 1/10 on the MMI meter after each recommended interval of 15,000 kms...!!!

Car is in the garage now getting the pcv changed . I will get it flashed at audi and see if that fixes the Oil burning . .

Anyone knows a good service guy at audi who won't rape my wallet just to flash and update the ecu ?

Quand on parle d'auto, j'essaie que mes décisions soit assez rationnelles, mais des fois ca arrive que c'est pas le cas, la réalité, c'est que j'aime changer et essayer des nouvelles bagnoles.

Ceci étant dit, mon commentaire voulait surtout dire que si j'adore la voiture, que j'ai les moyens de la garder et que je veux la garder plus longtemps, je vais prendre une garantie prolongée aussi longtemps que possible (8ans / 160 000km).

Pour moi le plaisir de l'automobile, c'est d'essayer plein de types de voiture différentes, donc soit que j'ai beaucoup de moyens pour avoir plusieurs voitures en même temps, soit que je vends ce que j'ai pour essayer d'autre chose.

J'ai mon permis de conduire depuis 8 ans et en 8 ans, j'ai eu 8 auto différentes, de tous les genre, sport et modifiées autant que daily ou beater.

damn ca avance tes affaires ! 8 ans 8 auto. je ne peux pas me plaindre, si c'est une passion je t'encourage. Car cest des gars comme toi qui permettre de mettre des char nice sur le marché du used.
pas comme ma tante qui se criss des char et qui change de shit box naked automatic, cap de roue au 3 ans et ensuite qui se plain quellle a pas de $. peuple gonna petit.

Dans mon cas, vu que je ne suis pas riche, garder mon auto et toujours l'updater, c'est mon plaisir, Surtout sachant quelle est relativement super rare et tout dedans est exactement ce que je recherchais.
La vendre sur une offre non refusable, comme ta M3, ca mavancerais à rien, car jachèterais la meme affaire :D

Car is in the garage now getting the pcv changed . I will get it flashed at audi and see if that fixes the Oil burning . .

Anyone knows a good service guy at audi who won't rape my wallet just to flash and update the ecu ?

it will probably help, it's the easiest fix.

Most of the guys will use a catch can, so no pcv anymore, no pvc issues.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/performance-baffled-oil-catch-can-system/016632ecs01kt/

If you have a lot of oil in the pcv, you can considere a recirculated catch can. it will return the oil in the pan. This is not recommended in winter time because of the water condensation.

twice a year Unitronic are doing sales. 50 to 100$ off. Pretty sure they are the cheapest one.

https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/audi-s4-b8-30tfsi-2010-2012-stage1plus

stage 1+ 415 hp on 93 octane. Cant tell on v6t, but on other audi engine, going stage 1+ and filling the car with 89-91 it's just fine. The knock sensor will calibrate the timing.

ceci dit, j'achète pas toujours neuf et ca sera vriament pas toujours le cas, dans ce cas particulié, c'est juste parce que je voulais vraiment la RS3 et qu'il n'y en avait pas dans l'usagé...! Je vais t'avouer que quand j'ai vendu ma M3, je me suis tourné de bord et la liste de voitures qui m'intéressait était pas 10 pieds de longue. Il y avait pas grand chose qui m'allumait vraiment, j'aime avoir quelque chose de différent, qu'on voit pas souvent, alors ca réduit les choix...! Donc je peux comprendre ce que tu dis par rapport au fait que si tu vendais ton auto t'aurais pas envie d'avoir autre chose.

damn ca avance tes affaires ! 8 ans 8 auto. je ne peux pas me plaindre, si c'est une passion je t'encourage. Car cest des gars comme toi qui permettre de mettre des char nice sur le marché du used.
pas comme ma tante qui se criss des char et qui change de shit box naked automatic, cap de roue au 3 ans et ensuite qui se plain quellle a pas de $. peuple gonna petit.

Dans mon cas, vu que je ne suis pas riche, garder mon auto et toujours l'updater, c'est mon plaisir, Surtout sachant quelle est relativement super rare et tout dedans est exactement ce que je recherchais.
La vendre sur une offre non refusable, comme ta M3, ca mavancerais à rien, car jachèterais la meme affaire :D

it will probably help, it's the easiest fix.

Most of the guys will use a catch can, so no pcv anymore, no pvc issues.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/performance-baffled-oil-catch-can-system/016632ecs01kt/

If you have a lot of oil in the pcv, you can considere a recirculated catch can. it will return the oil in the pan. This is not recommended in winter time because of the water condensation.

twice a year Unitronic are doing sales. 50 to 100$ off. Pretty sure they are the cheapest one.

https://www.getunitronic.com/ecu-tuning/audi-s4-b8-30tfsi-2010-2012-stage1plus

stage 1+ 415 hp on 93 octane. Cant tell on v6t, but on other audi engine, going stage 1+ and filling the car with 89-91 it's just fine. The knock sensor will calibrate the timing.

how does a stage 1 tune help with oil consumption ?

how does a stage 1 tune help with oil consumption ?

nothing. I thought you were asking for a ecu flash tune.

You would like just the OEM tune? Can't tell where you can get this... VAG motorsport maybe.

Go for the stage 1 flash and enjoy. unitronic should have the updated version anyway.

nothing. I thought you were asking for a ecu flash tune.

You would like just the OEM tune? Can't tell where you can get this... VAG motorsport maybe.

Go for the stage 1 flash and enjoy. unitronic should have the updated version anyway.

Ya bringing it audi for a oem flash . Will stage 2 pulley in December , thinking of going with a revo tune . Might even change the crank pulley also and get that beast up to 480 hp

if you are already burning oil, I think you should fix that issue before going bezerk with the tunes

if you are already burning oil, I think you should fix that issue before going bezerk with the tunes

That's already done , getting the ecu flashed by audi on monday and then i'll monitor until net oil change . Wtv the case may be i'll probably end up tuning the car anyway. adding oil when stock vs when tuned will be the same .

I'm not dumping 6k on changing pistons

to each his own, would maintain the car to keep it in good shape before spending money modding it. But that's me, either way, the tune is for sure gonna be awsome.

BTW, the 6000$ invoice is dealer invoice, i'm sure Gregster and Nick would be able to do it for half the price.

to each his own, would maintain the car to keep it in good shape before spending money modding it. But that's me, either way, the tune is for sure gonna be awsome.

BTW, the 6000$ invoice is dealer invoice, i'm sure Gregster and Nick would be able to do it for half the price.

When I have a chance, I'll scan the invoice from Audi Lauzon to show you the breakdown of parts cost and labor...Of course it won't be that bad if Momentum is doing the job.

Also, like I said, you can sit with them and figure out an arrangement to split the bill as they are very aware of the situation and can accomodate any customer...might not be that bad after all...

In my case, I had the warranty to cover it so fuck the price....I was only paying deductible of 100$...!!! :thefinger

Well i got the PCV changed , did an oil changed and turns out my ecu had already the latest firmware .

480km in and no oil burned . Compared to how bad it was 2 weeks ago drinking more than half a L in 300km i think it's safe to assume the issue has been resolved . Obviously the goal here is to see if i'll need a top off before my next oil change in 8k but so far so good .

Fml after 930 km she's missing 1/4 of a L .Guess from now on i'll keep a L in the trunk for when she needs a top off .

Just my luck my first S4 is a oilaholic

Like I said...a PCV change and better oil won't solve your problem.

I'm sorry to repeat but, you definately need new pistons and rings. Also, unfortunately, Audi will tell you it doesn't burn enough oil (per their standards) to do the fix on their own...or to split costs.

It would need to burn more than 1L / 1000 kms to be considered as problematic.

Good luck

2L after 8000km, not that bad, but unusual.

Try liqui molly brand oil. I read more and more review stating that it help a lot. ( can't confirm if it's pacebo or not).
Stance Dub at st-laurant carry this brand.

anyway, that's what I'm using and I'm around 1- to 1.25 L @8000km.

Dont forget that those engine are running hot, and the tubo/supercharge will increase oil wear. More wear less viscosity = less volume. Wich is totally normal, even on a brand new corolla.

2L after 8000km, not that bad, but unusual.

Try liqui molly brand oil. I read more and more review stating that it help a lot. ( can't confirm if it's pacebo or not).
Stance Dub at st-laurant carry this brand.

anyway, that's what I'm using and I'm around 1- to 1.25 L @8000km.

Dont forget that those engine are running hot, and the tubo/supercharge will increase oil wear. More wear less viscosity = less volume. Wich is totally normal, even on a brand new corolla.

i get the car serviced at strass and i know they use molly . Not sure if it's liqui Molly tho

Like I said...a PCV change and better oil won't solve your problem.

I'm sorry to repeat but, you definately need new pistons and rings. Also, unfortunately, Audi will tell you it doesn't burn enough oil (per their standards) to do the fix on their own...or to split costs.

It would need to burn more than 1L / 1000 kms to be considered as problematic.

Good luck

Some people on audizine had that fix their problem , that's why i tried it . Car is no longer under warranty so no chance to get Audi to split cost on this .

Some people on audizine had that fix their problem , that's why i tried it . Car is no longer under warranty so no chance to get Audi to split cost on this .

My advisor at Lauzon told me Audi Canada made some arrangements with "out-of-warranty" customers for this problem. It's a case-by-case situation where Audi knows they have problematic engines on the market and agrees to split fees with their valuable customer to keep their business....I think it makes sense since you don't really hear horror stories "à la Subaru" not honoring their warranties and fighting with customer for oil consumption problems.

At Audi, it's really under the radar for some reason, and this is an explanation...!!!

I would sit with them and check...Even if you intend to keep it for some time...!!

I worked for Audi, they all burn crazy, we did piston jobs DAILY

ON ALL MOTORS

4cyl 6cyl and 8cyl

Believe me I'll never buy one of these cars ever

Brand new cars badly machined engines brand new cars oil consumption etc etc

My advisor at Lauzon told me Audi Canada made some arrangements with "out-of-warranty" customers for this problem. It's a case-by-case situation where Audi knows they have problematic engines on the market and agrees to split fees with their valuable customer to keep their business....I think it makes sense since you don't really hear horror stories "à la Subaru" not honoring their warranties and fighting with customer for oil consumption problems.

At Audi, it's really under the radar for some reason, and this is an explanation...!!!

I would sit with them and check...Even if you intend to keep it for some time...!!

Back