People doing lease transfers but no incentives???

Ayashifx55

Im looking for a decent lease transfer but why is no one giving good incentives? All i see is , "looking for someone to take over my lease , i will pay the transfer fees and you get winter tires"

What ? Thats it? Why would anyone take your lease then? Might as well take a brand new lease no? Not only you have driven the car and i am taking your car "used" but the car got devalued. The good ones are when i see "Will give 2000$ cash incentives" but theres just so few of them!

The way I see it the lease transfer accomodate as much the one who wants to get out of it than the one who wants it. Otherwise why aren't you looking for a brand new lease? Either you can't afford it or you want something more short term. There's your advantage. People who give incentives are either desperate to get rid of it or they know the payments are too high...

Last edited:
Well a brand new lease on "regular" cars are like 48/60 month. Someone might want to change car more often than that.

You might be in a situation where you dont want to lease for 5 years because you don't know if you will still need an m3 in 4 year

Some are low mileage like mine. i have 29k km/year left instead of 20/24 at the dealer. My Gf lease is 120k for 5 year, 2 year left and she only have 40k so it's 40k per year, that could be interesting for someone.

You take the cashdown of the first owner so the lease payment may be lower than what you could get new for 0$ cashdown.

Also people might offer an incentive only if it's on the market for more than a week or two. Why would I offer 1000$ if I know my payment are below a new one. Wait and see if the car you like is still there in a month. I'm not in a hurry and I know my payment is a good deal. I'll see if it doesn't move in a month...

Also a set of winter tire can be 600-700$ with wheels it can be like 1000$ Thats an incentive in my book because you will need to buy some and I could leave the car without them for the same price and sell them on kijiji for $$$ in october.

Took over a Chevy Cruze for one year with 1000$ incentive, winter tires included and transfer fees paid. Keep looking.

The more common the car is, the more people will give an incentive

Right now on lease buster. there is civic ex and touring higher than my si at 355$ a month before taxes

there's an si at 423$ with 36 months left

La raison pourquoi tu veux un lease transfert c'est parce que tu veux un bon deal, parce que c'est souvent pour des périodes courtes, parce que le paiement est intéressant vs neuf. C'est ça ton incitatif. Si le deal est pas bon, passe à une autre auto. Le monde ont pas d'argent, pense tu vraiment qu'ils ont des 2-3000$ à garocher pour que tu ramasses la location ?

Je sais pas pourquoi tu pense pouvoir profité une dévaluation, quand le bail est fini et tu redonne les clés, la seule perte que tu absorbe c'est le paiement. Si tu veux un char neuf, va au dealer et signe toi en un ! Quand la personne donne des incitatif c'est parce que le KM est busté.

So many factors and variables come into play.

Sometimes there are bad deals even if the owner is giving you an incentive. Sometimes there are good deals even if the owner wants cash to take over his lease.

Depends on if and how much the original lessee put down
How good a deal he got
How much mileage is left (sometimes you can pick up a lease 40k/year left on mileage)
Is there positive or negative equity, in other words what is the actual market value vs the balance owed
You personal preference, some people like to finish leases and have a new car each year with small payments

Sounds like OP thinks he's doing people a favor if he takes over their lease. People trying to get out of a lease most often is because their plans changed in life, not because they can't afford the car. If they have a fair deal in paying transfer fees ($250-$500) and offering you free winters ($500-$1500 depending on size and if they come with rims), why would they give you cash on top of that?

La raison pourquoi tu veux un lease transfert c'est parce que tu veux un bon deal, parce que c'est souvent pour des périodes courtes, parce que le paiement est intéressant vs neuf. C'est ça ton incitatif. Si le deal est pas bon, passe à une autre auto. Le monde ont pas d'argent, pense tu vraiment qu'ils ont des 2-3000$ à garocher pour que tu ramasses la location ?

Je sais pas pourquoi tu pense pouvoir profité une dévaluation, quand le bail est fini et tu redonne les clés, la seule perte que tu absorbe c'est le paiement. Si tu veux un char neuf, va au dealer et signe toi en un ! Quand la personne donne des incitatif c'est parce que le KM est busté.

This

J'ai 2 locations actuellements, 2 demos, 2 mega deals. Je suis capable de ceder mes 2 locations sans incitatifs d'ici la fin de la semaine si je veux.

De toute facon si tu cherche un deal, tu es a la mauvaise place pcq les deals ne se rendent pas sur internet ou y reste quelques heures.

J'avais les fameux lowballers Kijiji qui voulaient un incentive cash en plus d'avoir le prix employé sur mon WRX @ 100$ de moins par mois qu'un neuf. Ça m'envoyait chier et me traitait de cave pcq j'offrait rien. J'ai vendu super rapidement ici par la suite.

J'ai checke la possibilite de reprendre une location l'automne dernier, c'aurait ete une bonne option pour moi et d'ailleurs en retrospect j'aurais probablement du me pogner une voiture a court terme mais je cherchais entre 7~9 mois de location restante.

Par contre il y avait plein d'incentives. J'avais trouve une ATS 2013 qui tombait dans mes dates que le gars donnait 1000$ cash pour reprendre la location mais meme avec le 1000$ cash la location par mois etait trop chere a mon gout (plus que les payements sur la CTS achetee!)

C'etait sur leasebusters je crois.

[edit]

lol

http://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=218819

Take over this lease for 45 months for only $2,860.00 per month plus taxes and receive $20,000.00 as a cash incentive paid directly to you. It currently has 5 km’s and you can drive it up to 67590 km’s at no extra cost - which is equivalent to 18023 Free km's per year.

lol at that lease.

lease for 48 month, want to get rid of it after 3 months.

Should buy it and sell it

C'est juste que le dealer voulait un PIN à la fin de son mois. Pas mal certain que le lease est au nom du dealer.

Im looking for a decent lease transfer but why is no one giving good incentives? All i see is , "looking for someone to take over my lease , i will pay the transfer fees and you get winter tires"

What ? Thats it? Why would anyone take your lease then? Might as well take a brand new lease no? Not only you have driven the car and i am taking your car "used" but the car got devalued. The good ones are when i see "Will give 2000$ cash incentives" but theres just so few of them!
Two reasons to take a lease

1- much shorter term
2- much higher allowed mileage

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sounds like OP thinks he's doing people a favor if he takes over their lease. People trying to get out of a lease most often is because their plans changed in life, not because they can't afford the car. If they have a fair deal in paying transfer fees ($250-$500) and offering you free winters ($500-$1500 depending on size and if they come with rims), why would they give you cash on top of that?

Why an incentive ? This is why: It is no longer a new vehicule.

Used winter tires have 50% thread left.
Steel rims show rust (because they are cheap)
Brakes have wear, windshield is pitted, bumpers are scratched, mags were sraped againt sidewalk and maintenance was skipped because it's a leased car and who cares. It is a frikkin used car.

Worse: new car smell is gone !
2 yr old car has lost 40% (+/-) Net lease (after incentive) has to be based on that devalued asset.

Brakes have wear, windshield is pitted, bumpers are scratched, mags were sraped againt sidewalk and maintenance was skipped because it's a leased car and who cares. It is a frikkin used car.

2 yr old car has lost 40% (+/-) Net lease (after incentive) has to be based on that devalued asset.

Tell us more about how you don't understand leasing.

I know everything about leasing there was a thread about it and someone made it very clear that they had the best understanding of it and made sure we understood his way and his resoning and opinion was better than ours...
To this day I still remember is teachings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moi j'aime bien les transferts de bail, souvent ta plus de km restant et un court terms. Par contre, il y a des gens qui essayent de passer leur balloune sans offrir d'incitatif. Mon GTI 2016 dsg cuir tech est afficher ici et vwqc juste parce que je fait trop de km et avant que je sois pogner avec peu de km restant et que personne ne le veule, je l'affiche avec un petit incitatif et je ne suis pas presser de le transférer! Mais j'ai remarquer que mes paiements sont tres bons comparer aux autres GTI afficher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple, je vais exposer mon cas: Mazda 3 Sport GX groupe commodité, pneus d'hiver, garantie usure excessive, démarreur à distance, 225$+tax.

Je vais probablement vouloir transférer mon bail vers la fin de l'été avec 35 000-40 000km restant pour 12 mois. Je ne pense même pas offrir de payer le transfert...peut-être la moitié. Jamais je vais donner de cash en plus avec ce deal la et je suis certain que quelqu'un va sauter dessus

If the tires have 50% tread left it means that the car is probably 2-3 years old, which means that there's probably only 1-2 years left on the lease, which means that it doesn't fucking matter that there 50% tread left because you're handing over the keys before you need new tires. So what if the car is used? You're giving it back to the dealer at the end of your term. Do you understand the concept of leasing?

Taking over a lease allows you to get a short 1-2 year term at the (lower) price of a 4-5 year term.

Back