Would you get a 7 speed manual or PDK on a 991 Porsche?

mig0s

If you were to buy a 991, do you go for the industry's first 7 speed manual transmission or a dual clutch pdk?

I might be getting a 991 soon but I'm not sure which transmission to take. The PDK on my Panamera is so good but the 991 will be a summer car, won't see much mileage, not likely to be in traffic all the time and I kinda miss driving a manual... I think I'm leaning towards the 7MT :run:

Dude just go with whatever you feel like,life's too short to worry about such things, who cares about the .5 sec you gain with the pdk. I'm driving a dsg right now and i really enjoy it but i still enjoy manual too.

sounds like a no brainer to me.

if you enjoy rowing gears and it's going to be a fun car which never sees traffic, I wouldn't even hesitate to check the 3-pedals box. *tu*

...you lucky bastid... ;)

Manual without any hesitation. Even if it's slower, who cares we're on the streets anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you were to buy a 991, do you go for the industry's first 7 speed manual transmission or a dual clutch pdk?

I might be getting a 991 soon but I'm not sure which transmission to take. The PDK on my Panamera is so good but the 991 will be a summer car, won't see much mileage, not likely to be in traffic all the time and I kinda miss driving a manual... I think I'm leaning towards the 7MT :run:

Had a 2004 M3, 2006 Porsche C4S then 2013 Boxster, all 6speeds. Then bought 2015 GTI with DSG and hated it because it shifted inconsistently. Sometimes fast sometimes slow. I did test the Boxster with PDK and did not like it. It may be faster but who cares with a 991. The car is so fast anyway.

Just bought 17 Audi A4 with 6speed. Not to Porsche standard as a manual but I LOVE it.

This is not a daily driver so there are no issues with traffic. I would go with the 7 speed.

Check Mat Farrah's (The smoking tire ) test of the 2017 GTS with 7 speed (yesterday). This is the best manual gearbox you can get.

Manual pour le plaisir de conduite.

Mais d'un autre côté: shifter 7 vitesse...dammm!

juste la 6 vitesse de ma focus est courte...j'imagine pas 7 vitesse (ok c'est pas gearé pareil..mais reste que a 100 tu peut etre en 7 en conduite normale)

Pour avoir adoré la dsg de ma GLI: j'irais avec la PDK.

Shifter des vitesse, c'est le fun.... mais a tout les 10', ca devient lassant.

PDK. People say its the best dual clutch on the market. You can get any other car in manual not every car has PDK.

PDK. People say its the best dual clutch on the market. You can get any other car in manual not every car has PDK.

that is so wrong. Most of the sports cars are not offered in any manual form. Almost every sports car offers an auto though....

Back