if you had to choose: chrysler 300(c) VS mercury grand marquis???

fabchef

Hi everyone, i'm still in the process of selling my car. I was looking around at some cars that i might like. I know these two cars are kinda different, but i wanted to know...between the chrysler 300 (preferably "C" maybe AWD) versus the mercury grand marquis, which would you go for?

What i'm looking for:
Reliability
space
comfort (for long trips too)
easy to work on
is also good in snow in winter time

I know many might think the G.M. is an "old mans car" but i know it's been around a long time, i think it's easy to work on and like the rear and trunk space.

The 300, seems like a cool car to have, but not sure of reliability.

How would these two (rwd) cars do in snow (with good dedicated snow tires)?
Which model year(s) would you recommend?
thanks
fab

2005+ Grand Marquis. The weakers points are transmission and diff seals to look out for.

if not you can get a marauder :
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...03/1269238537?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

though they can be less reliable than a marquis because of :
-Rear air suspension (can convert back to shocks if needs be)
-32V V8, there's some cooling problems sometimes with cylinder #8. There is a cooling mod for marauders/terminator cobra that you can do to fix that.

MGM:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ia/1271210615?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...te/1271133111?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Crown Vic LX Sport:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...74/1256518731?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

From a Mopar fanboy : 300 are disasters on wheels. Wouldn't touch with ten foot pole.

Suspension/direction/electronic..... Even my grandpa 2012 doesn't seem better than his previous ones.

For the Marauder I hate most Ford vehicules but they seems to be built tough.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

So basically, i'm better off going down the Panther platform? Are the 300's really not that reliable?

It's not that bad. It will depend on the car. It's usually tierods and bushings. If you keep replacing them with chrysler oem or cheap jobber ones the same thing will happen. If you can find one with good maintenance and good suspension parts like MOOG then yes it would be a good choice

I had a magnum for a while which is on the same platform, it's a good car, but everything feels cheap and brittle. it really shows. just try one and see.

The red Grand marquis I posted looks very well equipped. A sunroof is REALLY rare on these cars, and since it's an LS Ultimate, I believe it has ticker swaybars so it won't feel as boaty as a regular grand marquis.

Just doing a quick read up and reliability with the 2010 SHO's seems like brakes could be a issue since the 2013's got a upgrade. Besides that I can't seem to find other major issues with it.

I've owned quite a few cvpi,grand marquis, and town cars. Common cars, generally tough as nails. Weak spots body wise are front fenders/rockers. Rockers are covered by plastic so hard to see. I've put well over 200000kms in the 6 I've owned and only gave up the ghost but it was from someone who deliberately hid the issues and disappeared.

Common engine problems are manifolds leaks, intakes cracking(plastic), and depending on if it was a cvpi sometimes diff and transmission issues.

But they are stupid cheap to repair. Except the manifold issues... avoid those.

You find dozens of Lincoln town cars in Toronto for sale with over 700000kms.

The 300's are increasingly cheaper and known for weaker transmissions. Suspensions have wear issues.

My cousin has a 300c and bought a 4x4 for the winter he hated it . I really hated the really high windows it feels like port holes. They go quite well with the hemi.

J'ai chauffé un 300S 2016 avec 30,000 km. Je ne pouvais absolument pas croire que ce char avait 30,000 km. On aurait dit qu'il en avait 200,000, pas de farce. La transmission est horrible, tellement de vitesses que ca sait même pas où aller... rattles, ca cogne, les trims d'intérieurs sont installés pas mal vite... sincèrement run away. J'ai eu un vieux Grand Marquis pis ca m'a été fidèle pour le temps j'en avais eu besoin

J'ai regardé kijiji un peu à cause de ce thread et le temps des grand marquis pas cher semble être chose du passé. Avant pour 5-6k je voyais passé des Grand Marquis de 6-7 ans bas km...maintenant pour le même prix tu vas en avoir un de 10 ans.

Cela dit j'ai eu un 1995 LS en 2000 (en fait c'était l'ancienne auto à mon père) et j'ai adoré cette voiture. Confort incroyable, fiable et relativement performant. Je me suis toujours dit que j'allais en avoir un autre un jour.

Back