Why people hate the CLA AMG and say it's not a real AMG?

^^exactly my thought, when I see a CLA I always think the owner bought the badge, not the car.

375hp out of a 2L, must be laggy as hell? Spi?

The 2014 model was kinda laggy. On top of that you had the throttle delay when you started accelerating from a full stop. They made it better in 2015 and up but i personnaly fixed the issue with a tune, a TCU tune and a throttle response system. Now it feels waaaay better than stock.

On the reliability issue, i did not have any problem with mine and its a 2014 edition 1, so the first model that came out. I know there are people saying they had problems with the turbo or the transmission but it was not the case for me.

I don't hate the car but I don't like the idea of these new so called AMG, back then AMG used to be more exclusive and specific.... big V8 engine, rwd, a specific sound with raw power...

I understand why they made the move of making more accessible AMG and less hardcore models BUT i think AMG kinda lost something by doing that.

They should went with something like amg sport but not the "full amg" badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People just like to hate.

When I bought a C class some people told me I should of bought an E class
When I bought a G35 coupe some people told me I should of bought a 6 series
When I bought an A4 some people told me I should of bought a S4
When I bought a B4000 some people told me I should of bought a Tacoma
etc

Just drive whatever you like driving

People just like to hate.

When I bought a C class some people told me I should of bought an E class
When I bought a G35 coupe some people told me I should of bought a 6 series
When I bought an A4 some people told me I should of bought a S4
When I bought a B4000 some people told me I should of bought a Tacoma
etc

Just drive whatever you like driving

This.

The new AMG's are better and faster than their previous counter parts. Haters will always hate and find something to complain about. The same thing happened when Porsche moved to water-cooled engines. People went nuts, yet, Porsches have kept getting better and better performance wise.

People will say it's not a real AMG because motor is not hand built.

On another note A45 >>> CLA45

Back