Crossing the border without passport

1.I am an idiot

2. Is it stupid to even try to cross the US border to go to Burlington by car without my passport?

I have a last minute trip to China for July 6th, I got busy with preparing the details for that and dropped off my passport at the China visa centre for processing, I get it back next week.

I had forgotten I had booked a cabin near Burlington for the weekend, hence me being an idiot. I have my last 4 expired passports, coupon from consulate, birth certificate, license, etc. I know no one can give me definitive answer but is it worth a shot at least? I think coming back into Canada is less strict but I will stop and ask them there in case I get refused. My spouse (that is laughing at me) has her passport, car is in her name.

Thanks for any info!

American Border agents are notorious fans of Trump's politics...

It's possible, good luck, you'll need it.

Yeah I know the China trip is the kicker lol

Think I am going to eat this one as stupidity tax and go somewhere else in Canada this weekend 😀

Bring proof that you sent it to the Chinese consulate
Bring driver's license
Bring original birth certificate
Bring more stuff that can prove your citizenship

pray that will let you in.
It's worth taking a chance, the more preparation you have the better chance you have.

Bring proof that you sent it to the Chinese consulate
Bring driver's license
Bring original birth certificate
Bring more stuff that can prove your citizenship

pray that will let you in.
It's worth taking a chance, the more preparation you have the better chance you have.

Proofs of where you are going...the bill for the hotel.

I work with an American citizen that got let in in Canada a few times without his passport but he was a usual customer for the custom agents

Already cancelled reservation. Thanks for the advice. I almost did it out of curiosity with a ton of other documentation but I want to enjoy the weekend.

You would of been ok with your expired passport and birth certificat and drivers license combo. They can technically refuse you for anything they want since you don't enter the USA by right but i'd be highly surprised if they refused you with whats mentioned above!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

CU_AwbcWwAAnLsh.png

tout dépend de toi

1.I am an idiot

2. Is it stupid to even try to cross the US border to go to Burlington by car without my passport?

I have a last minute trip to China for July 6th, I got busy with preparing the details for that and dropped off my passport at the China visa centre for processing, I get it back next week.

I had forgotten I had booked a cabin near Burlington for the weekend, hence me being an idiot. I have my last 4 expired passports, coupon from consulate, birth certificate, license, etc. I know no one can give me definitive answer but is it worth a shot at least? I think coming back into Canada is less strict but I will stop and ask them there in case I get refused. My spouse (that is laughing at me) has her passport, car is in her name.

Thanks for any info!
I have passed without my passport when it was at the embassy for Chinese and Brazilian visa.

Both times I got in no issue.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info, just curious was this recently or a while ago.

I was going to put I am a 47 year old white guy driving a TDI so threat level 0!

At least the information will be here if someone searches, the last threads on the topic were very old. May help someone in the future.

Thanks for that info, just curious was this recently or a while ago.

I was going to put I am a 47 year old white guy driving a TDI so threat level 0!

At least the information will be here if someone searches, the last threads on the topic were very old. May help someone in the future.
Last year IIRC for the Brazil one (they take your passport forever). China was the year before.

Just who your ID (ideally copy of your current passport) and receipt from visa application.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Back