** Official 2017-2018 Montreal Canadiens Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's prediction for Marc Bergevin:

- signs Radulov at 4 years $6.75M,
- signs Markov 2 years 5M

By Monday:
Trades Gallagher + pick + prospect to Edmonton for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. There is our #1 centre. Edmonton has to trade him because of how much they are paying McDavid and Draisitl.

By Monday:
Trades Gallagher + pick + prospect to Edmonton for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. There is our #1 centre. Edmonton has to trade him because of how much they are paying McDavid and Draisitl.
Montreal has prospects?

all AHL deals.
It is to be expected with the move of the farm team to Laval. They have to compete with other sources of entertainment so they have to field a competitive team unlike St-John's where the locals would cheer about any team because there is nothing else to do in Newfoundland in winter.

By Monday:

McDavid isn't even paid 1 million. He's still on his entry level contract for 2017-2018.

McDavid isn't even paid 1 million. He's still on his entry level contract for 2017-2018.

He's signing his extension this summer (so is draisaitl), McDavid is expected to get $13.25M for 8 years. Apparently Draisaitl wants $10m+.

The Oilers are heading down the same road as the Blackhawks, straight to Cap hell. They've got to start clearing cap room now so they can afford them next year and not next summer when they'll be desperate and get robbed by others teams.

Also RNH is being paid $6M to be a 3rd line center. I can see us sending Pleks to edmonton (with some retained salary) in a trade for RNH.

Même si il signe l'extension. Le nouveau contrat va kick in juste l'an prochain non?

Oui mais RNH c'est un bon joueur sur un bon contrat. Donc plus que t'as d'année de service le mieux que c'est. McDavid il lui reste un an sur son contract et Draisaitl et RFA cette année. Il on pas de gros contract qui vienne à échéance l'an prochain.

Si il signe les 2 pour $22m, + lucic $6m+ RNH $6m + kassian $2m + Sekera $5.5m + Larsson 4.2m + Klefbom $4.2m + Russell $4m + Talbot $4.1m

10 joueur pour $58m. Mets on que le cap reste au environ de $78m il vas te rester moins que $20m pour 13 joueur. Bottom 6 de merde que tu vas avoir + backup de merde aussi.

Plus tu attend, plus tu mets de pression sur toi même parce que t'as un date limite pour arriver au cap tu vas être désespérer plus tu te raproche.

lol if you guys think RyanNH will work out as your number one center, get ready for a disaster. Paper clips can push him around in the playoffs.

Habs should have given an hostile offer to draisaitl. Although oilers said they would match any offer, either habs end up with a young very good center or it screws up the oilers salary cap even more...

But the other down side is losing first picks, but habs never get good first picks anyways...

Chirali is bluffing when he says they'll match any offer sheet. He knows there's a limit to what he can afford to pay. MB might as well throw an offer sheet because unless you draft a #1 center you're not getting one.

Besides Tyler Seguin, I can't think of a single prominent center being moved as a non-rental player.

Chirali is bluffing when he says they'll match any offer sheet. He knows there's a limit to what he can afford to pay. MB might as well throw an offer sheet because unless you draft a #1 center you're not getting one.

Besides Tyler Seguin, I can't think of a single prominent center being moved as a non-rental player.

Ryan Johansen, Taylor Hall.

Was there a no trade clause in his contract? I would be curious to see that.

I'm not against the numbers for him, personally I find him the best goalie in the NHL so it's hard to argue his worth. I think he will put up better numbers this year looking at this D in front of him also. I find the D core to have more grit and character.

Was there a no trade clause in his contract? I would be curious to see that.

I'm not against the numbers for him, personally I find him the best goalie in the NHL so it's hard to argue his worth. I think he will put up better numbers this year looking at this D in front of him also. I find the D core to have more grit and character.

how is band aid boy the BEST goalie in the NHL? His stats show that he is top 5 likely top3 but he is definitely prone to injury.

how is band aid boy the BEST goalie in the NHL? His stats show that he is top 5 likely top3 but he is definitely prone to injury.

Put him in nets with any of those Chicago or Pittsburgh teams and you would have a cup winner. It's not his fault he is constantly playing with a team not built for playoff runs. I'm not even a Habs fan but I can call a spade a spade.

People call Dan Marino one of the best quarterback ever yet he never won a Superbowl. Trent Dilfer won one though.. who dat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back