Smell of rotten flesh from car

Jelly_Belly

Guys... I was driving to the gym when about 5 mins into the drive my car starts smelling like death. I cant describe it, it literally started smelling like puke and shit. My car is in immaculate condition. 89K on the odometer and I clean the interior once a week. What. The. Fuck.

I pulled into the gym's parking lot, open the hood and find.

19198275_10155420937614350_547125151_n.jpg

Fucking peanuts scattered around my engine bay.
Please don't tell me there's an extra well done squirrel stuck in my engine bay. *banghead*

What do I do? Can I called a garage and ask them to remove it for me? (Gregster? :D)

Or do I just hope a cat eats the corpse over night?

It a possibility, I've had claims were rodents created damages to car harness, but I would have it checked just in case you jave a squirrel waiting to break some shit in the engine bay while the engine is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It a possibility, I've had claims were rodents created damages to car harness, but I would have it checked just in case you jave a squirrel waiting to break some shit in the engine bay while the engine is running

lol, you think hes alive? Thats pretty optimistic, if there is 1, hes most likely crispy and nasty

Were you able to find the squirrel?

Mice are a constant issue at my place, comes with living in the country. Rodents can literally cause so much damage to your engine bay that they can make your car a write off, and they can do it overnight. Peppermint oil is one of the best deterrents for mice, and I think it works for squirrels as well so if this is a recurring issue you should try that. In my engine bay I have 3 wiffle balls stuffed with cotton that I drip peppermint oil into and it does seem to work, no sign of mice since I started.

I removed the engine cover on my GS300 last year and there was a nest built around my throttle body, with signs of a completely decomposed mouse inside the nest. They've chewed wires as well, there's something in the plastic that gives off a scent that mimics their food, same reason fish and birds eat plastic I believe.

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

lol, you think hes alive? Thats pretty optimistic, if there is 1, hes most likely crispy and nasty

If he's there no he's dead but the body can move and get caught in straps, if there's no body you might smell the nest burning it's usually full of fur and stuff.
Most expensive motherfucker was in a maserati gran sport 2013 conv. Rodent had expensive taste you know

Update. I checked the engine bay with a flashlight and found fuck all. No smell no body. I turned on car vents and no smell.

It odor seems to be originating from the middle of car. Where the cat is. Think thats where he made the nest? Makes no sense coz the peanuts were in the engine bay..

Update. I checked the engine bay with a flashlight and found fuck all. No smell no body. I turned on car vents and no smell.

It odor seems to be originating from the middle of car. Where the cat is. Think thats where he made the nest? Makes no sense coz the peanuts were in the engine bay..

Are you sure your cat isn't finished? They will smell like rotten eggs...

Back