Buyinng 10+ Year old cars at ( SAAQ INSIDE )

Sixty

I always bought cars at the SAAQ for 1$ , Max price of a car I bought was 5k . I'm planning on buying a more expensive car but still 10 + Years old . I'm cheap and I want to save taxes. But I'm looking at buying say a 8-10k$ Car , Which I will probably sell in the next year. Would it be legit to buy it at "1$" or would it be a better idea to go with the actual purchase price at the SAAQ , to not get "Caught" afterwards with a 10k + Boost in my account. Any experiences with that?

Thanks guys .

Je parle bien francais aussi alors ne vous gênez pas ! <3

Car is a bmw Z4 btw.

You can still pass BMWs at 1$ or whatever price you wish. The SAAQ told Rev Quebec to pound sand

1$, si tu est le 3ieme acheteurs c'est ridicule de leur donner 3 fois la tbk de taxe.

J'ai acheté une voiture de 10 ans + cette semaine à 9k, passé à la SAAQ pour 100$, aucun problème.

I bought a 2006 Hyundai for my daughter for $5,000.00 (private ),when I went to plate the car I had to pay taxes for $6,000.00 as that is what their book says it should be worth.

I bought a 2006 Hyundai for my daughter for $5,000.00 (private ),when I went to plate the car I had to pay taxes for $6,000.00 as that is what their book says it should be worth.

I thought Black book values , the saaq only look for Vehicles 10 years and younger?

In this case if you bought it in 2017 there shoulnd have look at the vehicle since its a 2006. 11 years old.

I thought Black book values , the saaq only look for Vehicles 10 years and younger?

In this case if you bought it in 2017 there shoulnd have look at the vehicle since its a 2006. 11 years old.

They are. Unless you get a SJW seller that insists on plating the car at full amount you paid him/her. Also buying a car at the dealer you will pay GST at the dealer and the PST at SAAQ for the sale amount on 10+ year old

What about 10+ year old cars from Ontario . Do you just pay tax on the value indicated on the bill of sale or they have to be evaluated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So theoretically I could buy A car from Ontario for 1$ too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I brought 2 10 year+ cars from Ontatio, but as mentionned previously, the SAAQ needs to see the sale contract, between you and the seller and the seller has to indicate the selling price, if he writes 1$ you're fine but if he indicates the actual price, you pay taxes on that amount

I know, I argued with them and she said this was the case, I picked up the car a little cheaper than normal because it needed a brake job and tires. On their computers it shows them what it should be taxed at.

Back