124 Abarth what?

lord_galathon

So I've been "shopping" for an MX-5 and someone pointed out it's almost the same car as the FIAT 124 Spider.

Thing is, if I use their online build&price tools and their financing options including taxes and everything, the 124 Abarth comes out to 10$ less/month than a BASE MX-5 because Fiat have 0% financing vs Mazda who do not (on the MX5.)

Insurance for the Abarth is 454$/yr vs 389$/yr on the MX5 but that is a 6$ difference/month in my payments, no big deal.

What would you do? I'm leaning towards the Abarth because obvious choice no? Am I wrong?

INB4neitherIshouldgetadodgedart

Before anyone mentions I can have a BRZ or even a Z for about the same money - I want a RWD ragtop. I've had coupes. Never cared much for them.

And please for the love of everything that is good and holy don't come in here recommending I spend 40k on a used [insert name here] that gives 300HP and is "bulletproof."

Like you , I like more the MX-5 versus the Fiat
Fiat may be more powerfull but turbo
For me MX-5 all the way, probably less trouble and more nice (Would go with the RF, probably less power than the regular MX-5 with the extra weight but gorgeous)

C'est quoi la fiabilité de la 124, parce que la 500 c'est assez pathétique il me semble.

Edit: En tout cas, ça revient cher du HP, moi j'irais avec un Z.

je sais que a RPM, ils ont adorer la Fiat. Ils arrivaient avec comme préjuger que ce serait seulement un rebadge mais finalement ils ont trouver la voiture suffisamment différente pour la rendre intéressante.

Par contre, a mes yeux et c'est très personnel, le fait d'avoir un turbo sur la Fiat lui enlève le petit coté roadster authentique, j'irais pour la MX-5. La MX-5 coûtera moins chère a long terme, elle est aussi plus légère et... a mes yeux la fiat ereste un rebadge ;)

Well according to everything I can find on the FIAT it's an MX5 clone with a different engine and last year's 6Sp manual transmission from Mazda so that'll be reliable.

But yes, that is a good point, most importantly what's the warranty on that turbo engine.

TBH I have no preference, both look stunning but I can pick up a "lusso" FIAT with the color scheme I really like for MUCH cheaper than the MX-5 and with better options.

Navigation and sound system aren't really that important to me as long as I can stream music off my phone I'm happy.

Auto-dim rear view mirrors are a must given how low the car is though, and heated seats are a want but not a dealbreaker.

I know the MX5's body panels are almost all aluminium which will resist corrosion better than steel, and are lighter. Are the Fiat's? That info I can't find anywhere.

Mx5 pour la fiabilité, valeur de revente, look et la réputation du modèle depuis son introduction.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Drove the abarth at the autoshow. It was amazing. If you go manual abarth all the way. Trust me LG!

And if you dont? Book a test drive for both and youll see why i love the abarth.

Will it be a weekend car? Because You still have the cadillac right?

J'ai trouvé ca super intéressant.

Ce que je trouve un peu intense sur la mx5, c'est le body roll, pas mon genre pantoute, je préfère un body roll bien controlé. La 124 semble mieux de ce coté. Sinon au look et au niveau du moteur, je penche vers la mx5

Je préfère une Fiat qu'une mx5

Mais les goûts sont partagés on dirait!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I'd go for the MX-5 without hesitation. Not only do I much prefer the looks, it'll probably be a more reliable powertrain. Also, for me larger displacement NA >>>> smaller displacement FI

Both should be amazing to drive. Recently, I took the base ND and RF MK-5 for a quick tight spin around cones at Icar; f*cking great. It's such a minimalist raw piece of machinery. It wants to have fun. And with the top down, it's even better. Almost a little motorcycle-y.

...I also love the Mazda brand, and hate everything about FCA, but whatever. At the end of the day, drive both and find out what you like best.

Fiat all the way.

le seul bemol est la fiabilite du moteur fiat et la valeur de revente qui va chuter drastiquement en quelques annees.

Si tu peux en trouver une used qui a deja pris un coup, go for it.

Guys...

...my wife is in. Shit. Remember a few weeks ago when Stirl_ae86 said "you probably didn't get much sleep last night" because I was excited about the MX5?

This is it. This will probably make me miss some sleep. My wish would be a black one like so:

Fiat_124_Abarth.jpg

But all they seem to have are red and white ones. Given the choice I'll pick red:

31f8712931f94566553cd051a74aa34ba73c86ed.jpg

Mother of god that's a beautiful car.

Guys...

...my wife is in. Shit. Remember a few weeks ago when Stirl_ae86 said "you probably didn't get much sleep last night" because I was excited about the MX5?

This is it. This will probably make me miss some sleep. My wish would be a black one like so:

https://www.blackgate.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Fiat_124_Abarth.jpg

But all they seem to have are red and white ones. Given the choice I'll pick red:

http://cdntdreditorials.azureedge.net/cache/3/1/f/8/7/1/31f8712931f94566553cd051a74aa34ba73c86ed.jpg

Mother of god that's a beautiful car.

If you buy it. Install an exhaust and post vid.

I find the abarth wayyy to quiet in stock form.

I would choose the MX-5 as it is proven by numerous journalists to be the best in its category but at the end if you try them both you go with what you think is best

Je trouve le 5K pour la Abarth assez steep pour ce que ça donne.

- Look
- Strut Tower Bar
- LSD
- Sport mode selection

Et... 4 fucking HP.

Ah oui et la "possibilité" d'avoir des freins Brembo pour un autre 2k

Je trouve le 5K pour la Abarth assez steep pour ce que ça donne.

- Look
- Strut Tower Bar
- LSD
- Sport mode selection

Et... 4 fucking HP.

Ah oui et la "possibilité" d'avoir des freins Brembo pour un autre 2k

Wow, minute. Tu si tu mets le 5k a partir du modele de base t'as une liste d'epicerie au complet de plus:

17-inch Premium Silver aluminum wheels
205/45VR17 Bridgestone® 3-season performance tires
Air conditioning with dual-zone Automatic Temperature Control
Automatic headlamps
Body-colour, power folding, exterior mirrors
FIAT Connect 7.0 with 7-inch touchscreen and command dial, AM/FM radio, hands-free communication and integrated Bluetooth® capability
Front fog lamps
Remote Keyless Entry with engine immobilizer, proximity entry and push-button start
Leather-faced heated seats with manual 6-way driver adjustment and manual 4-way passenger adjustment
ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera10
Piano Black interior accents
Premium Silver A-pillar and header trim
Premium Silver roll-bar cover
Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Wrapped instrument cluster and lower instrument panel
Chrome quad exhaust tips
17-inch Gun Metal aluminum wheels
Black side sills and skirt
Bright sport pedals
Dark Matte interior accents
Front strut tower brace
Gun Metal A-pillar and header trim
Gun Metal power folding exterior mirrors
Gun Metal roll-bar cover
Heated Sport seats with leather bolsters and microfibre inserts and manual 6-way driver adjustment and manual 4-way passenger adjustment
Leather-wrapped sport shift knob
Leather-wrapped sport steering wheel with mounted audio and cruise control
Mechanical limited slip differential
Performance-tuned suspension with Sport mode selector
Sport instrument cluster
Unique sport fascia

Tandis que si tu pars du modele Lusso (mid range) t'es juste a 1500$ de difference @ 35495 vs 33995 pour les Strut, LSD et exhaust ce qui est honnetement pas super cher.

Le dealer me le sort a 540$/mois tx in 0%. Inclus 0 paiements pendant 3 mois, pneus d'hiver, steelies et une casquette.

Back