A question about crypto mining

250rocket, I generally agree with you on your above post, but there is so much institutional money laying around. Soooo much money...

Retail investors are not driving this boat in my opinion, and so a general contraction of liquidity for retail investors wont make much of a dent in demand / supply.

Like any asset classes these days, and i can have a lengthy discussion about the majority of them, its all about riding the upswing and putting in place a strategy to minimize losses when the upswing turns.

250rocket, I generally agree with you on your above post, but there is so much institutional money laying around. Soooo much money...

Retail investors are not driving this boat in my opinion, and so a general contraction of liquidity for retail investors wont make much of a dent in demand / supply.

Like any asset classes these days, and i can have a lengthy discussion about the majority of them, its all about riding the upswing and putting in place a strategy to minimize losses when the upswing turns.

Then what do you see happening?

My formulation of the above is based on three major factors that take out the big money.

1) Rank and file behind the anti-BTC big dogs like Dimon or the government of China

2) The big banks and/or sovereign nations making their own (See JP Morgan Chase and India as examples)

3) When shit hits the fan they'll default to more traditional stores of value like gold.

But I'd look to hear what you think.

This is how I see BTC going down permanently.

Right now it's mainly a positive feedback loop. More people want in, more purchases bring up the price, bigger price = more profit -> attracts more people (repeat cycle).

Frankly most of the people riding the bitcoin train don't give a flying Fk about the technology nor do they want to use it daily, it's simply a get rich quick mechanism. People are piling all their extra cash into it while things are relatively stable. Interest rates are still low but people are mortgaged to the nostrils. Over half of north Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. The moment the economy requires people to start taking out their BTC to pay things like their mortgage, car payments and food (which are not payable in BTC) it's when it starts.

So you start off with the really weak pulling out of BTC and the "just okays" stopping from investing more. If at this point if the economy gets any worse, the just okays will start to also pull out, prices go down, people panic and it's a free fall. If it took single statement to drop BTC from $5k to 3k god knows how fast it will go when shit really hits the fan. Best part is how hard it is to get out. It's not like you can act quickly and cash out before you lose almost everything.

It'll never end up at zero because there will always be some people who truly believe in it, but unlike gold or real estate or stocks there's ZERO intrinsic value in BTC, maybe other cryptos that actually do stuff but not BTC.

See the thing is now it always bounces back because #buythedip. When people don't have spare money to buy the dip, there is no bouncing back. Even if the economy recovers, all the people burnt by buying at $4000 and losing most of their money will not go back. And unlike gold or real estate, it's a technology that's constantly evolving. By the time people forget about the past and want to jump back in we might have a completely different landscape, one based on block chain but that looks back on BTC like you do an old cell phone.

Lastly I hope the miners know a lot of gamers they can donate their cards to. I laugh at the thought of them thinking they'll get their money back for their rigs. The market will be flooded with GPUs driving down prices. During that glut, AMD/Nvidia will alsobe looking for sales since theirs will have fallen off a cliff, so they'll have to give some great incentives to get gamers to buy. At that point why would a gamer buy an abused 2nd hand middle of the road GPU when they'll be able to get some amazing new one for cheap. Good luck to that guy who just bought all those GTX1060s

That's very short sighted...

and BTW you didn't post since few days until I posted...You must have a fixation on me

You should focus on crypto instead...

This is how I see BTC going down permanently.

Right now it's mainly a positive feedback loop. More people want in, more purchases bring up the price, bigger price = more profit -> attracts more people (repeat cycle).

Frankly most of the people riding the bitcoin train don't give a flying Fk about the technology nor do they want to use it daily, it's simply a get rich quick mechanism. People are piling all their extra cash into it while things are relatively stable. Interest rates are still low but people are mortgaged to the nostrils. Over half of north Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. The moment the economy requires people to start taking out their BTC to pay things like their mortgage, car payments and food (which are not payable in BTC) it's when it starts.

So you start off with the really weak pulling out of BTC and the "just okays" stopping from investing more. If at this point if the economy gets any worse, the just okays will start to also pull out, prices go down, people panic and it's a free fall. If it took single statement to drop BTC from $5k to 3k god knows how fast it will go when shit really hits the fan. Best part is how hard it is to get out. It's not like you can act quickly and cash out before you lose almost everything.

It'll never end up at zero because there will always be some people who truly believe in it, but unlike gold or real estate or stocks there's ZERO intrinsic value in BTC, maybe other cryptos that actually do stuff but not BTC.

See the thing is now it always bounces back because #buythedip. When people don't have spare money to buy the dip, there is no bouncing back. Even if the economy recovers, all the people burnt by buying at $4000 and losing most of their money will not go back. And unlike gold or real estate, it's a technology that's constantly evolving. By the time people forget about the past and want to jump back in we might have a completely different landscape, one based on block chain but that looks back on BTC like you do an old cell phone.

Lastly I hope the miners know a lot of gamers they can donate their cards to. I laugh at the thought of them thinking they'll get their money back for their rigs. The market will be flooded with GPUs driving down prices. During that glut, AMD/Nvidia will alsobe looking for sales since theirs will have fallen off a cliff, so they'll have to give some great incentives to get gamers to buy. At that point why would a gamer buy an abused 2nd hand middle of the road GPU when they'll be able to get some amazing new one for cheap. Good luck to that guy who just bought all those GTX1060s

Vite de même on dirait que tu penses que c'est les familles de classe moyenne qui vivent paycheck en paycheck de l’Amérique du nord qui possède la majorité des Bitcoin haha .... Le jour que ça sera le cas, on va être pas mal loin du prix que tu vois aujourd'hui ;-)

Ta logique est bonne mais s'applique a absolument toute les classes d'asset, pas juste au crypto !

Vite de même on dirait que tu penses que c'est les familles de classe moyenne qui vivent paycheck en paycheck de l’Amérique du nord qui possède la majorité des Bitcoin haha .... Le jour que ça sera le cas, on va être pas mal loin du prix que tu vois aujourd'hui ;-)

Never did I say that every day people hold the majority. Everyday people buying 0.1 to 1 BTC are the ones keeping it afloat with demand.

For argument sake let's say 500 people controlled 99% of the 16 million or so bitcoins mined so far. If nobody is demanding it what are they going to do, trade it among themselves? They need other people to give it value.It's the people late to the party that see the celebrities talk about it, that see it more and more on the news and are buying it now are what's making people money. They might as well be the idiots at the bottom of the ACN pyramid paying their dues to the big holders.

The writing on the wall says that the next downturn is going to be centered around the US dollar. If it happens next week or in 10 years I don't know but it's full steam ahead toward shore and unless they course correct the setup that the Fed done since 2008 is going to make the next one very messy. Cryptos will suffer just as other assets will when it happens. They're not a safe haven.

The interview I posted the other day I think said it best. Bitcoin was a proof of concept for what is possible. Etherium was the first to truly expand on it and it's really only future technologies that will be what changes the world.

Ta logique est bonne mais s'applique a absolument toute les classes d'asset, pas juste au crypto !

#howthemortgagebubblepopped. History doesn't repeat... but it rhymes.

Nah, à date, le meilleur c'est Gobitcoin.ca ... Y'ont deux places downtown, leur spread est "ok", mais tu te présentes la-bas pif paf pouf, in and out.

Cool merci je conaissai pas.

Edit: Lol when you click on rate it sends you to their localbitcoins account....

Last edited:
Selon le montant au pire tu cash in sur ton paypal et tu dépense a partir de la. C'est sur que si tu veux cash-in 50-60k c'est moins évident de dépenser ça sur paypal mais c'est toujours possible.

Ils vont atteindre leur objectif facilement si on se fie au montant qu'il on ramasser jusqu'à présent...

Ca semble pas diminuer même si les bonus ont dropper...

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ils vont atteindre leur objectif facilement si on se fie au montant qu'il on ramasser jusqu'à présent...

Ca semble pas diminuer même si les bonus ont dropper...

au contraire j'ai meme l'impression que ca augmente plus vite...et je crois que ca entraine plus de gens justement.
J'attends encore 2 jours mais je risque de remettre de l'argent pour le fun.

Le referral pousse vraiment les gens à partager, c'est leur but. Créer un buzZ.

Le referral pousse vraiment les gens à partager, c'est leur but. Créer un buzZ.

ca avance vraiment vite depuis quelques heure/minutes incroyable...y,a comme eu 6 bitcoin de plus en quelques minutes lol!

Bon jme suis laissé tenté jaime pas etre mis a part... garocher un pti .2 btc pour le fun

pis jai prit le code de BoxsterBoy pcq entre baller faut s'entraider! fuck les pauvres

Bon jme suis laissé tenté jaime pas etre mis a part... garocher un pti .2 btc pour le fun

pis jai prit le code de BoxsterBoy pcq entre baller faut s'entraider! fuck les pauvres

Tu as manqué la chance d'être mon 100e referral

You have referred 99 people

je vais en remetre un peu alors j'aimerais faire un échange de code tant qua faire avec quelqu'un qui veut en remetre aussi pm moi!

Back