A question about crypto mining

What happens to bitcoin when it's all been mined and the miners no longer get bitcoins for their work?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

What happens to bitcoin when it's all been mined and the miners no longer get bitcoins for their work?

I believe the miners will get a portion of the fees for the transactions within the blocks they have mined. Profitability will probably drop but there will still be a reward of some sort.

there will be some sort of fork prior to it... to upgrade the code or whatever.

there will be speculation as to whether you short the old coin and buy the new coin or vice-versa.

oh wait... this shit already happened a couple of times.

It's gonna take a long ass time before all 21m BTC is mined. Every 210k blocks, the rewards are cut if half. So I'm a couple years, instead of making 12.5BTC, it will only make 6.25!

They estimate 2140 before all 21M BTC is mined. And adding miners only make difficulty increase, so it will not mine faster.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It's gonna take a long ass time before all 21m BTC is mined. Every 210k blocks, the rewards are cut if half. So I'm a couple years, instead of making 12.5BTC, it will only make 6.25!

They estimate 2140 before all 21M BTC is mined. And adding miners only make difficulty increase, so it will not mine faster.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Approved. #1 of BTC per block decrease over time + difficulty going up if more miners.

Quand tous les bitcoin vont être miner on va encore en avoir besoin pour process les transactions et tenir les databases à jour pour que le système fonctionne: pas de mineur, pas de système.
P-e que les frais vont légèrement augmenter pour garder un certain nombre de mineur, mais d'ici là on a le temps de crever 2 fois.

Back