Ferrari 458 | Showroom nano coating | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
This Ferrari 458 have never been detailed beside the touch-up the dealer did on the front fender and as we will see in a few minutes, their job wasn't up to the expectation we would expect from such dealer. Suck that it was raining that day, i wanted to drive the car outside the indoor parking to snap a few pictures.

Process:

Washing
Decontamination ( Iron-x to remove iron particle + clay bar to make the paint slick as before)
2 step polish
Finished with Carpro Cquartz nano coating
Aquapel
Engine shampoo
quick interior

Initial condition ;

Little dirty this and there

Paint didn't look as vivid as it should, lots of haze/swirls that needs to be cleaned ;

And this is what I wasn't too impress.. un-polished sanding marks on the hood which I don't really understand because the fender had a repair, not the hood that is separate by the headlight.

Engine bay needed a quick detail considering it has a big windows to look at it !

Okay so enough pictures, lets start working right ?! lol

This is how I start my process ; I use a degreaser that produce foam and a boar hair brush to clean all the hard to reach area in a delicate way ;

Then I wash the paintwork using the 2 bucket method and a sea sponge . Then I clean the wheels using sof brush to clean the inside and outside wheels along with wheel well ;

Then I use the Iron-x decontamination product, let it sit and wash again ;

and then I pass the clay mitt to remove contaminant stuck on the paint ;

Once everything was all clean and dry, I realized the crew at the dealership did more than leaving sanding mark un-polished. A few holograms aka buffer trail left on the paint. not huge, subtle, but still there.

Sanding mark around the light too and close to the mirror so i had 3 ''matte spot'' to polish a bit more ;

This is never an easy task because you don't know how it was sanded, how thick the paint is etc. so the risk of burning the paint is quite high + the sanding mark along the edge on the hood has a way higher risk of being burnt because of the edge.. extra precaution to be had.

Took reading of the paint. as usual, ferrari paint reads higher ;

What a cool cockpit !

Once I was done with the engine bay we were left with a matte finish non-shinny natural look;

The interior was in very good shape so not much to notice beside a few after picture to see how cool this car is :)

After my 2-step polish. I would say we achieved a 90% correction which was way enough for the owner ;

No more sanding mark... finally !

or holograms too !

Cool background right ? lol

Final result ;

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

J'ai déja un bon jack qui fait la décontamination de ma peinture + scellant + traitement pour le toit décapotable a chaque année, y fait une super job a prix tres tres ok, si jamais y'arrete je vais y aller avec toi, en plus je demeure dans le coin de Lasalle.

Back