Duclos Chrysler in Saint Hubert scam

One sided story. Althought Duclos doesn't have a really good reputation regarding customer service and sales dispute you are responsible to be aware of the products you are buying... Between the manager assaulting you and the receptionnist making a call to the police there is something missing...

Lesson from the story if you have a dispute with a dealer or any company, you do the following:

1. Try to talk it out (and you leave if no proper resolution comes out of it without making a big scene, if you get assaulted for any reason you file a proper complaint with police and the opposing party might file complain against you as well (regardless of wether you think it makes sense or not))
2. Call OPC / call parent office
3. Send registered letter if previous options fails
4. Go to court (unless you are provided with a satisfactory resolution before that)
5. End of story

Lesson from the story if you have a dispute with a dealer or any company, you do the following:

1. Try to talk it out (and you leave if no proper resolution comes out of it without making a big scene, if you get assaulted for any reason you file a proper complaint with police and the opposing party might file complain against you as well (regardless of wether you think it makes sense or not))
2. Call OPC / call parent office
3. Send registered letter if previous options fails
4. Go to court (unless you are provided with a satisfactory resolution before that)
5. End of story

Steps 1-3 have been done. The other side flat out refused to talk the pushes and tries to slam the door in my face. Parent company won't intervene. Sent registered letter giving 10 business days to respond. Not a single call back from them. I went down there hoping to settle this without the inconvenience of going to court.

I'm not sure why there's so much push back from some of you. This is not a case of he said she said. I actually have in hand all the info on the original warranty. When I called Dodge Canada they had no ownership info on me so if there was a recall the wouldn't be able to contact me. Duclos never updated anything. Dodge Canada has now fixed that part.

I put up this post in part to warn others of this practice no matter where you purchase your car and, more specifically, to put a spotlight on Duclos.

Steps 1-3 have been done. The other side flat out refused to talk the pushes and tries to slam the door in my face. Parent company won't intervene. Sent registered letter giving 10 business days to respond. Not a single call back from them. I went down there hoping to settle this without the inconvenience of going to court.

I'm not sure why there's so much push back from some of you. This is not a case of he said she said. I actually have in hand all the info on the original warranty. When I called Dodge Canada they had no ownership info on me so if there was a recall the wouldn't be able to contact me. Duclos never updated anything. Dodge Canada has now fixed that part.

I put up this post in part to warn others of this practice no matter where you purchase your car and, more specifically, to put a spotlight on Duclos.

The only mistake you made in all of this was posting your story here and expecting to have an intelligent back and forth. You're doing the right thing, and I wish you the best of luck should this go to court.

Did you make sure that the "Extended Gold Warranty" was transferable? I guess that would be their only argument, saying that it is not transferable and only the original owner. However I am not sure if it follows the car or the owner.

How did you find out that car had that warranty?

PS; FCA doesn't give a shit about anything. I do not know how they are still in business.

Did you make sure that the "Extended Gold Warranty" was transferable? I guess that would be their only argument, saying that it is not transferable and only the original owner. However I am not sure if it follows the car or the owner.

PS; FCA doesn't give a shit about anything. I do not know how they are still in business.

Warranties always follow the car, not the owner.

The warranty is 100% transferable. I can't reveal my source but I have the evidence. On top of that the dealer never denied that there is a guarantee on the car when I brought it up. They're stealing people's money. I'd launch a class action if I could get in touch with their other customers. I don't have proof but I'd bet anything that this wasn't a one off.

I remember an acura dealer that sold us the 2012 tsx (back in 2015). When they got the car, the changed the brake pads, oil change etc. Got the car ready for sale. We got it and a few days later the "maintenance B" message came up, which is a 300 check which is doing oil change and brake lubrication ( but for christ sake they did the work just before selling the car) and what to charge again. I just asked them to reset the computer and left. Oil didn't even have 300km on it. Brakes were brand new, another way to rip off customers

Warranties always follow the car, not the owner.

I know the regular warranty follows the car, however I wasn't sure about the "Extended Gold Warranty" the OP was talking about.

If that is it, then you definitely have a case however it's probably going to have to go in front of a judge. Are you sure you didn't threaten them or wtvr?

I know the regular warranty follows the car, however I wasn't sure about the "Extended Gold Warranty" the OP was talking about.

If that is it, then you definitely have a case however it's probably going to have to go in front of a judge. Are you sure you didn't threaten them or wtvr?

Everything is as I posted. No embellishments. No twisting of the facts.

First mistake going to a Chrysler Dealer

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

although Im not helping either, its true that when you buy from a borderline bankrupt company, (in 2015 was when they finally started offering leasing again). don't expect the best service.

although Im not helping either, its true that when you buy from a borderline bankrupt company, (in 2015 was when they finally started offering leasing again). don't expect the best service.

Wasn't that GM? Anyway there have been some positive developments. I finally got a call from them. Stay tuned.

Back