Muffler vs resonator delete pour un V6 Nissan

ScoupeSpeed

Y'en as-tu dans le forum qui ont fait un muffler delete ou un resonator delete sur leur moteur VQ35?

J'hésite entre les deux. J'entends que le resonator delete n'a aucun drone et donne une petite note profonde pour la conduite stop and go.

Mais j'ai aussi entendu parler que le muffler delete sur un V6 comme le VQ donne une belle note profonde, mais pas trop envahissante.

J'ai aussi un nouveau-né alors je veux éviter toute forme de bourdonnement excessif, mais j'aimerais vraiment profiter d'un beau petit son avec mon premier V6.

J'ai pas de VQ35 mais en général tu veut commencer par enlever un résonateur bien avant un muffler. Tu risque de détester le muffler delete en plus de sonner "raspy" sur un méchant temps.

De plus, tu t'évite tout problème avec la Police si jamais il voudrait vérifier ton muffler, car il est encore là et OEM.

Au final ça reste une question de goût, je me rappelle dans la communauté des TL 2009-2012, certain aimait les mufflers delete du 3.7L et d'autres comme moi qui aimait pas ca pentoute. Sauf que pour le son a l'intérieur de l'habitacle, je n'enleverai jamais un muffler, insupportable a la longue.

Au final ça reste une question de goût, je me rappelle dans la communauté des TL 2009-2012, certain aimait les mufflers delete du 3.7L et d'autres comme moi qui aimait pas ca pentoute. Sauf que pour le son a l'intérieur de l'habitacle, je n'enleverai jamais un muffler, insupportable a la longue.

C'est ce que je commence à constater de plus en plus en faisant le tour des forums d'altima et maxima, le resonateur va me donner la note sans le drone, et même si le muffler delete fait que le bruit n'est "pas si pire" sur l'autoroute, c'est quand même pas mal plus fort en conduite stop and go...

Play with the intake instead. All my cars have had after markert CAI or intake boxes, you get more sound in the cabin without annoying everyone and painting a big red target for the popo. Plus the sound tends to only be loud when you step on it and never any droning when cruising.

Given, I know nothing about aftermarket intakes on VQ engines.

Play with the intake instead. All my cars have had after markert CAI or intake boxes, you get more sound in the cabin without annoying everyone and painting a big red target for the popo. Plus the sound tends to only be loud when you step on it and never any droning when cruising.

Given, I know nothing about aftermarket intakes on VQ engines.

This.

Youtube is your friend. Lots of people doing it on maximas, G's..VQ sounds great, I would go resonator delete only

Common mod on the vq id do resonator 1st see how u like it a muffler delete is much more noticeable averall

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

What car exactly? This is common on the g35 and 350z. I have test pipes on mine and you don't hear anything until you punch it. On my old i35 (maxima) i deleted the 2nd catalytic converter, it was blocked, and very common on those models. I also deleted the resonator. It sounds nice, not raspy at all.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

What car exactly? This is common on the g35 and 350z. I have test pipes on mine and you don't hear anything until you punch it. On my old i35 (maxima) i deleted the 2nd catalytic converter, it was blocked, and very common on those models. I also deleted the resonator. It sounds nice, not raspy at all.

I've got a '12 Altima 3.5

What are the symptoms of a blocked cat converter? My 03 maxima has 225000 km and still has all original catalytic converters/resonator, but maybe they're clogged too. Does the car feel different after the delete?

What are the symptoms of a blocked cat converter? My 03 maxima has 225000 km and still has all original catalytic converters/resonator, but maybe they're clogged too. Does the car feel different after the delete?
It feels sluggish rpms dont go consistent. You will notice a lag when you punch it. It would be the secondary one. Simple and cheap. Also has a nice sound. You feel a difference it feels much more smoother. Power band feels nice through the rpm range.

Isn't that a cvt? Honestly just put in a cone filter. I don't think you will enjoy the drone from a muffler delete.

Well that's why I'm looking into the resonator delete only.

I've actually heard the equivalent of your youtube video in person and that is just wayyyyy to much.

I've bought the short ram obviously, just looking into a little constant tone.

Well that's why I'm looking into the resonator delete only.

I've actually heard the equivalent of your youtube video in person and that is just wayyyyy to much.

I've bought the short ram obviously, just looking into a little constant tone.
You can replace the stock resonator with a magnaflow of some sort. It should give it a nicer tone.

You can replace the stock resonator with a magnaflow of some sort. It should give it a nicer tone.

Yeah I found that Magnafow make some very affordable ones, so I'll try the straight pipe for now and have a Magnaflow resonator installed if it's a little too loud.

Back