No more Coupe and no more V6 for the Accord

Is it just me or it looks kida like the new Lincoln continental in its proportions?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

For the first time I would take a Camry over the Accord

v6 301hp - its about time toyota

Yet some how every single freaking one will be doing 99 in the left lane.

As far as the new Accord, fairly nice but never was a fan of a fastback. They pull the back off better than Audi IMO but until they stop putting that chrome 2x4 across the front grill the fronts will always look like shit.

funny cause I was going to make a thread yesterday saying WTF is going on with this entire city turning into 10th gen civic drivers....

dont get me wrong its a great car for the price and options.... but its still makes me cringe when one car model is around too much....

+ the 10th gen civic is the size of the mid 90s Accord now.... and the Accord is now the size of the old TLs from back then.... no use for the Accord IMO

Happens every 5 years, I remember there was a period of time where you'd see VW rabbits everywhere. Now I don't know where the fuck they've gone.

Interior will probably be stellar but the team that is designing Honda products should be left in a Russian gulag.

LOL @ Type R motor.

As if sharing a displacement and being turbocharged automatically makes it the "Type R" motor. I wouldn't be surprised the actual civic type R has a lot more goodies (forged components et al), different cams, different turbo and shit not to mention a whole different tune.

Let's call this what it really comes down to vs the BS marketing spin: Downsizing to meet emissions and mpgs targets...

Otherwise if we're going to play stupid games, the 2.0L Ford Escape has the "ST Motor" and the lincoln MKC has the 2.3l Focus "RS motor"

LOL @ Type R motor.

As if sharing a displacement and being turbocharged automatically makes it the "Type R" motor. I wouldn't be surprised the actual civic type R has a lot more goodies (forged components et al), different cams, different turbo and shit not to mention a whole different tune.

Let's call this what it really comes down to vs the BS marketing spin: Downsizing to meet emissions and mpgs targets...

Otherwise if we're going to play stupid games, the 2.0L Ford Escape has the "ST Motor" and the lincoln MKC has the 2.3l Focus "RS motor"
A 4 cyl turbo engine has much more usable torque than a v6 engine. This is why vw is killing the vr6 in favor of a 4cyl turbo. Then there is the fuel economy factor.

A 4 cyl turbo engine has much more usable torque than a v6 engine. This is why vw is killing the vr6 in favor of a 4cyl turbo. Then there is the fuel economy factor.

Notwithstanding industry wide trends, The VR6 has to die because it's a quirky design and has reached it's peak performance/optimization potential for a mainstream production engine. It's simply not competitive in markets where you get taxed on displacement (China) or Co2 (europe)

I've owned a 2.0T. Great dealy driver. Good performance but lacked the "feeling" of high strung V6 racing towards the red line

What I find disingenuous is journos/honda playing the "Hype R" card for the accord when it's really your run of the mill 2.0T in terms of power output. 252jhp. Big deal. That's what the Fusion/Sonata/Malibu also get out of their 2.0T (245-250hp) and no one will ever hype them up to be race bred engines.

I think the accord will be a good product with the 2.0T. It just won't live up to the artifical perfomance hype
The fusion sport with it's 2.7T and the Camry v6 will take the accord's lunch money.

Notwithstanding industry wide trends, The VR6 has to die because it's a quirky design and has reached it's peak performance/optimization potential for a mainstream production engine. It's simply not competitive in markets where you get taxed on displacement (China) or Co2 (europe)

I've owned a 2.0T. Great dealy driver. Good performance but lacked the "feeling" of high strung V6 racing towards the red line

What I find disingenuous is journos/honda playing the "Hype R" card for the accord when it's really your run of the mill 2.0T in terms of power output. 252jhp. Big deal. That's what the Fusion/Sonata/Malibu also get out of their 2.0T (245-250hp) and no one will ever hype them up to be race bred engines.

I think the accord will be a good product with the 2.0T. It just won't live up to the artifical perfomance hype
The fusion sport with it's 2.7T and the Camry v6 will take the accord's lunch money.

Hm hmmmm Fusion Sport... with 2.7 TT!! :p ;)

On disait la même chose de la Civic 10th gen et il en mouille.

En passant, ceux qui disent que la Civic et l'Accord sont la même grosseur, l'Accord est un step plus grand. La nouvelle va être encore plus grande à l'intérieur.

Pour la V6, j'en ai vu très peu sur la route. C'est surtout du "Avoir à m'acheter ça, je la prend V6" mais personne qui est prêt à payer.

On a eu une 2013 Sport 4 cyl. et la une 2017 Sport 4 cyl. et rien à dire contre la voiture, sauf le radio. Il manque le bouton de volume. Le radio punch pas et le touchscreen est so-so. Le V6 m’intéressait zéro, le 4 cylindre fait la job en masse et est super économique. J'ai rarement eu besoins de mettre le pied dans le fond. La CVT fait un travail exceptionnel et la tenue de route est supérieur a ce que j'ai besoins. Win-win.

Intérieur Accord 2018:
2018-Honda-Accord-109.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-111.jpg

L'intérieur est vraiment beau. Tout semble bien proportionné.

Je me demande réellement si Honda va pimenter la version 2.0t. Ça risque d'être pas mal moins chère que les 50k de la Type R, et j'ai l'impression que les gens vont choisir cette plate-forme là

Looks like they took some design cues from volvo with the natural wood inlays and single horizontal line of buttons on the center console.

On disait la même chose de la Civic 10th gen et il en mouille.

En passant, ceux qui disent que la Civic et l'Accord sont la même grosseur, l'Accord est un step plus grand. La nouvelle va être encore plus grande à l'intérieur.

Pour la V6, j'en ai vu très peu sur la route. C'est surtout du "Avoir à m'acheter ça, je la prend V6" mais personne qui est prêt à payer.

On a eu une 2013 Sport 4 cyl. et la une 2017 Sport 4 cyl. et rien à dire contre la voiture, sauf le radio. Il manque le bouton de volume. Le radio punch pas et le touchscreen est so-so. Le V6 m’intéressait zéro, le 4 cylindre fait la job en masse et est super économique. J'ai rarement eu besoins de mettre le pied dans le fond. La CVT fait un travail exceptionnel et la tenue de route est supérieur a ce que j'ai besoins. Win-win.

Intérieur Accord 2018:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-pro...ent/uploads/2017/07/2018-Honda-Accord-109.jpg
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-pro...ent/uploads/2017/07/2018-Honda-Accord-111.jpg
J'ai rarement entendu quelqu'un vanter un système audio d'origine d'incroyable aussi. Faut pas se le cacher, règle général, ils sont très ordinaires la très grosse majorité dans le marché.

Et pour un peu plus, bien souvent c'est des options pour un système audio un peu plus supérieur mais rien de comparable à se payer de l'aftermarket pour le même prix que l'option au dealer.

L'intérieur a l'air spacieux de la nouvelle accord par contre.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

J'ai rarement entendu quelqu'un vanter un système audio d'origine d'incroyable aussi. Faut pas se le cacher, règle général, ils sont très ordinaires la très grosse majorité dans le marché.

Et pour un peu plus, bien souvent c'est des options pour un système audio un peu plus supérieur mais rien de comparable à se payer de l'aftermarket pour le même prix que l'option au dealer.

L'intérieur a l'air spacieux de la nouvelle accord par contre.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Le système de son du Mazda 3 à ma femme est pas mal meilleur, et c'est le système de base (pas Bose). J'ai un sub OEM dans mon Accord, et il y a pratiquement aucune basse, mort, aucune présence. C'est pratiquement aussi mauvais que Subaru.

Back